blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:22:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 2955 2956 2957 2958 [2959] 2960 2961 2962 2963 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6329064 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #44370 on: May 05, 2016, 02:05:43 PM »

Investment/donation for Vegas staking dispatched today.

Hi Carl,

If we can assume - & I think we reasonably can - that your reference was "Staking Debacle 2016", then yes, thank you, safely received.

£89 PAID by Bank TX, Mohican.
Just the small matter of changing the ref on your bank details in my app from 'Staking debacle 2015'.

Hmm, quite so, Carl, quite so.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #44371 on: May 05, 2016, 02:17:06 PM »

Joan Collins made the headlines yesterday.

Why?

Well she turned up at a TV Studio for an interview wearing a dress very similar to that of the female Presenter. Gasp, what a disaster.

Think we can swiftly gloss over what are politely called "dress malfunctions" these days, though thank the Lord we were spared a Janet Jackson style nipplegate. With all due respect to Miss Collins, who turns 83 in a fortnight, the nipples of an octogenarian are a sight I'd rather be spared. Those who play golf, & have been in the Locker Room on Seniors Day, will get my drift. These are not pretty sights.

What did interest me as to Miss Collins, & all others of similar age - Karabiner springs readily to mind - is that whilst facially, cosmetic surgery can work absolute miracles - Miss Collins could easily pass for 40, facially - it's the arms, neck & hands that have so far eluded cosmetic surgeons, especially the hands.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
MereNovice
Gamesmaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44372 on: May 05, 2016, 02:17:45 PM »

I'd like to take 1% of the Vegas package if possible please.

I have just read far too many pages of this diary in a row; felt myself getting sucked in by the easy flowing writing and gentle banter. It really is an excellent read and I shall endeavor to keep up to date in future.

Many thanks and I shall ensure there is no unwarranted punctuation on my part.

I'm immensely grateful for those kind words, thank you.

Our best writer on blonde is, imo, Tom, aka Red-Dog, but he seems to be on a blonde sabbatical at the mo & is in read-only mode. He's much missed, needless to say. 

1%? Yes, delighted, thank you very much.

I'd best do a tot up soon, & see where we are - don't really want to go above 50%, or a figure close to it, but yes, 1% is booked, & welcome aboard.  Can't promise sky high returns, or even any returns, though you never know, but I'll try & do some vicarious Vegas stuff for those not lucky enough to be there.

I'll assume that that is an attempt at humour but sometimes I can't tell.
Just to be certain, I'm sure that you're aware that a spreadsheet will generally do the "totting up" for you.
The number that you are looking for is in the "Totals" row on the "Approx. %" column.
It currently stands at 50.3% assuming that no-one comes to their senses and changes their mind.

Reigning Blonde Fantasy Ashes and Super League Champions
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #44373 on: May 05, 2016, 02:22:11 PM »

I recently finished reading Bryson's "The Road to Little Dribbling".

One of those books which are so good you wish it would go on a lot longer. In fact, it is already a sequel to his earlier "Notes From a Small Island". 

It's semi-anecdotal really, as he somehow weaves little life stories into the main narrative, almost in Billy Connolly style.

Highly recommended, it's nice & light, & extremely easy to read, & if you read a chapter before bed, you'll sleep with a smile.

HutchGF

View Profile
« Reply #44374 on: May 05, 2016, 02:24:08 PM »

I have just read far too many pages of this diary in a row; felt myself getting sucked in by the easy flowing writing and gentle banter. It really is an excellent read and I shall endeavor to keep up to date in future.

Our best writer on blonde is, imo, Tom, aka Red-Dog, but he seems to be on a blonde sabbatical at the mo & is in read-only mode. He's much missed, needless to say. 

I'd best do a tot up soon, & see where we are - don't really want to go above 50%, or a figure close to it, but yes, 1% is booked, & welcome aboard.  Can't promise sky high returns, or even any returns, though you never know, but I'll try & do some vicarious Vegas stuff for those not lucky enough to be there.

That is all I ask and i look forward to following your progress sir.

If someone could be so kind as to send me the necessary details, I'll pass on the funds.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #44375 on: May 05, 2016, 02:27:58 PM »

I'll assume that that is an attempt at humour but sometimes I can't tell.
Just to be certain, I'm sure that you're aware that a spreadsheet will generally do the "totting up" for you.
The number that you are looking for is in the "Totals" row on the "Approx. %" column.
It currently stands at 50.3% assuming that no-one comes to their senses and changes their mind.

Ahh, just after Hutch was so kind, you have to spoil it.

I had perused the Spready at some length, but it's full of numbers & things, & my ADS kicked in, sorry.

Well if we are at 50.3% - & the link is in my Sig, if anyone cares to inspect Sir Spready's masterpiece rather more closely than I evidently did, it would seem we have, rather like Malcolm McLaren, sold out. Who'd have thought?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #44376 on: May 05, 2016, 02:29:41 PM »

If someone could be so kind as to send me the necessary details, I'll pass on the funds.

Thanks, & I'll be sending out bank Details via PM in the next few days, though most investors are regulars, & have them, & I have theirs too, as I send them their returns every year.

redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #44377 on: May 05, 2016, 02:31:15 PM »

Thanks, & I'll be sending out bank Details via PM in the next few days, though most investors are regulars, & have them, & I have theirs too, as I send them their returns every year.

And they claim satire is dead! Smiley

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #44378 on: May 05, 2016, 02:37:12 PM »

After The Road to Little Dribbling, I started my next read, "The Dark Net".

Oh my word, you could not begin to imagine a more stark contrast from the easy read of Bryson's pleasant ramblings.  

This is real life stuff, not fiction, & it's quite the scariest, most frightening & depressing thing I've come across in a very long time. It actually gives me nightmares if I read a chapter before bed.

If anyone here thinks they have seen, or been the wrong end of, trolling & flaming, read this book, & you are in for a very nasty surprise indeed.

Seriously, there are some bad bad people out there, who will stop at nothing to revel in the distress of others.

Barry Carter, in particular, probably understands this subject more than most, & I hope he reads it & shares his views with us more eloquently than I can.

Well written, & I can't put it down, it's like watching a car crash in slow motion. But it's just horrible in every way.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #44379 on: May 05, 2016, 02:45:14 PM »

If you've just read that, then this would probably interest you http://www.deepwebthemovie.com/

He's come a long way from Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure

Rogan & the producer of Deep Web talking about it.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #44380 on: May 05, 2016, 02:47:21 PM »

OK, time for the daily perambulate.

I spotted a Water Fowl Mum & Dad with their day old chicks yesterday, the chicks were like little bundles of fluff, bobbing up & down on the surface of the water.

But better than that, & a real thrill, I espied at close quarters, sitting calmly on the flowing water of Molesey Weir, a beautiful Grey Heron. It's the first Heron I have seen on the Thames, ever.

It quite made my day.

This is not my photo, I found it on google Images, but this is the exact spot I saw it, & most probably the same Heron.

The Twitter caption said......

"Old Bill" the heron on the Thames - Molesey Weir - yesterday looking for a meal. New fish pass top right

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #44381 on: May 05, 2016, 04:05:28 PM »

Joan Collins made the headlines yesterday.

Why?

Well she turned up at a TV Studio for an interview wearing a dress very similar to that of the female Presenter. Gasp, what a disaster.

Think we can swiftly gloss over what are politely called "dress malfunctions" these days, though thank the Lord we were spared a Janet Jackson style nipplegate. With all due respect to Miss Collins, who turns 83 in a fortnight, the nipples of an octogenarian are a sight I'd rather be spared. Those who play golf, & have been in the Locker Room on Seniors Day, will get my drift. These are not pretty sights.

What did interest me as to Miss Collins, & all others of similar age - Karabiner springs readily to mind - is that whilst facially, cosmetic surgery can work absolute miracles - Miss Collins could easily pass for 40, facially - it's the arms, neck & hands that have so far eluded cosmetic surgeons, especially the hands.

Joan Collins was the reason for the only major row my parents had in over 50 years of marriage.

When I was about 8, I had an operation on my foot which meant I was in hospital for about two weeks.

On my ward for part of that time was Tara Newley, the daughter of Ms Collins.

One evening my parents came to visit me at the same time Joanie came to visit her offspring.

According to my mother, dad spent "90 minutes constantly ogling that bloody woman".

He was in the naughty corner for months after that.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44382 on: May 05, 2016, 06:25:19 PM »

After The Road to Little Dribbling, I started my next read, "The Dark Net".

Oh my word, you could not begin to imagine a more stark contrast from the easy read of Bryson's pleasant ramblings.  

This is real life stuff, not fiction, & it's quite the scariest, most frightening & depressing thing I've come across in a very long time. It actually gives me nightmares if I read a chapter before bed.

If anyone here thinks they have seen, or been the wrong end of, trolling & flaming, read this book, & you are in for a very nasty surprise indeed.

Seriously, there are some bad bad people out there, who will stop at nothing to revel in the distress of others.

Barry Carter, in particular, probably understands this subject more than most, & I hope he reads it & shares his views with us more eloquently than I can.

Well written, & I can't put it down, it's like watching a car crash in slow motion. But it's just horrible in every way.

Read it, really enjoyed it (well not enjoyed, horrified, but interesting). There are some chapters about paedophiles which are uncomfortable reading.

Very much like this book, which I recommend as the best book of last year https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0196HJ6OS/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1

In both instances, the saving grace in each book is how well the author captures the humanity of the people involved, without that they would be very dark reading.

The author, Jamie Barlett, is worth following on twitter, he is doing a new book atm about people who find themselves in extremist political groups.

I'm currently reading this, which is on our favourite subject - entitlement. Its from someone who has studied it for 20 years and has 11 million surveys worth of data, a real treasure trove of the stuff

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Generation-Americans-Confident-Assertive-Entitled--/dp/0743276981/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1462465825&sr=8-3-fkmr0&keywords=joan+twenge

Prior to that I was reading a few books on the Cold War, fascinating stuff
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44383 on: May 05, 2016, 06:26:25 PM »

If you've just read that, then this would probably interest you http://www.deepwebthemovie.com/

He's come a long way from Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure

Rogan & the producer of Deep Web talking about it.

And yes, +1 to this, both the Joe Rogan and the movie itself
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44384 on: May 05, 2016, 06:27:08 PM »

Good interview with the Dark Web author, I find having heard an author be interviewed makes reading their book easier, gives me a narrators voice of sorts

Pages: 1 ... 2955 2956 2957 2958 [2959] 2960 2961 2962 2963 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: