blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:40:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3429 3430 3431 3432 [3433] 3434 3435 3436 3437 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6333490 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51480 on: May 05, 2018, 12:12:44 PM »

No

No

No

No

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #51481 on: May 05, 2018, 12:25:47 PM »

I thought a head shop was a vendor of drug paraphernalia.  Don't know where I got that from (whether wrong or right).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51482 on: May 05, 2018, 12:26:25 PM »

We have a new Forum Next Door so I have to seed that, & "work" it, so we were discussing the Wiki thing there earlier this morning.

One guy who also wiki surfs calls it a "wiki tunnel", as you never know when or where you will come out. Good description.

Anyway, he stuck this Wiki page up. Go on, have a read.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phineas_Gage

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51483 on: May 05, 2018, 12:27:28 PM »

I thought a head shop was a vendor of drug paraphernalia.  Don't know where I got that from (whether wrong or right).

WINNER

Wonder how that term came into use?

Ralph is now out of purdah on the topic, & is free to comment.

4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #51484 on: May 05, 2018, 12:41:01 PM »

WINNER

Probably from the term pot-head, which was common when I was a young man living in Vancouver. Perhaps it's a West Coast term?
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #51485 on: May 05, 2018, 01:01:39 PM »

WINNER

Probably from the term pot-head, which was common when I was a young man living in Vancouver. Perhaps it's a West Coast term?

A "head" was just hippie slang for someone who enjoyed recreational drugs - the opposite was a "straight" who did not partake of the illicit pleasures.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51486 on: May 05, 2018, 01:07:04 PM »

Ha, knew Ralph would have the low-down.

Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #51487 on: May 05, 2018, 06:13:20 PM »

Went there years ago, I seem to remember a throwing fish routine at the fishmongers there.  Nice little sketch with a switch to a plastic fish for the finale, which I saw coming, but the victim definitely didn't.  I ended up stuffed to the gills next door on smoked BBQ pork buns and my host seemed offended that I had to tap out after 'only' half a dozen.  Not sure why I remember that bit, must have been proper guts ache afterwards.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #51488 on: May 05, 2018, 06:21:06 PM »

How is TD Creed performing Tony - and have you ever sat on more uncomfortable seats than those at The Aria?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51489 on: May 05, 2018, 06:35:55 PM »

Went there years ago, I seem to remember a throwing fish routine at the fishmongers there.  Nice little sketch with a switch to a plastic fish for the finale, which I saw coming, but the victim definitely didn't.  I ended up stuffed to the gills next door on smoked BBQ pork buns and my host seemed offended that I had to tap out after 'only' half a dozen.  Not sure why I remember that bit, must have been proper guts ache afterwards.

Ahh, that explains all the photos of fish being thrown back & forth at Pike Place Fish, there are loads of them on google.

Click to see full-size image.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51490 on: May 05, 2018, 06:39:30 PM »

How is TD Creed performing Tony - and have you ever sat on more uncomfortable seats than those at The Aria?

Not seen him Ralph, the Poker Room Manager is a chap named Luca.

Agree as to the chairs, my arse cheeks were killing me yesterday. I thought it was because I'd lost so much weight & I'd gone all bony, but you could be right, the chairs are horribly uncomfy.

Been a good event so far though.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #51491 on: May 05, 2018, 07:29:43 PM »

Agree as to the chairs, my arse cheeks were killing me yesterday. I thought it was because I'd lost so much weight & I'd gone all bony, but you could be right, the chairs are horribly uncomfy.

I was actually thinking that a well-furnished chap such as yourself might not be as susceptible as a svelte fellow like me.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 07:31:51 PM by Karabiner » Logged

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #51492 on: May 05, 2018, 08:22:17 PM »

I was actually thinking that a well-furnished chap such as yourself might not be as susceptible as a svelte fellow like me.

Cheesy

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51493 on: May 06, 2018, 12:17:47 PM »

Careful there, Ralph, I've disposed of most of my surplus timber & furniture since Xmas, been on a major health kick & am at my lightest for over 10 years.   

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #51494 on: May 06, 2018, 12:33:59 PM »

Careful there, Ralph, I've disposed of most of my surplus timber & furniture since Xmas, been on a major health kick & am at my lightest for over 10 years.   

You are probably lighter than me in that case as I seem to be setting a new PB each time I step onto my bathroom scales.

Pages: 1 ... 3429 3430 3431 3432 [3433] 3434 3435 3436 3437 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: