blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:36:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3684 3685 3686 3687 [3688] 3689 3690 3691 3692 ... 3778 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6295912 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55305 on: January 13, 2021, 08:49:24 PM »

Anyone ever remember cases where several unbiased & independent witness saw something at the same time but described it differently?

He was wearing a hat.

He was not wearing a hat.

Well here's something similar.

I have no idea at all what's going off here, but it works for me.

Most odd.

https://twitter.com/ThePrisonLawyer/status/1347626960529326080

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #55306 on: January 13, 2021, 09:21:05 PM »

Not being morbid or mopey, but I just can't see the WSOP happening this summer, probably not at all.

I'm coming to the view that I may have paid my last visit to Vegas. All things considered, not a disaster I suppose, but fairly sad all the same.

Usually at this time of year we are all F=5ing "WSOP Dates announced" but I don't think we need to bother yet awhile this year.

Hope you are keeping safe mate.

It's the USA, so you have to think that if they can get away with it, it will go ahead. I'm not even worried about it, though. I've got it booked, and even though I'm early on the vaccine list, not expecting things to be anywhere near normal by summer.

I've got Xmas booked as a back up, and might even prefer that. I do like the cooler evenings, and Xmas decorations around Wynn & Bellagio.

I'm keeping well fed, and ensuring the local takeaways are getting their share of my Vegas dollars.

Could do with the gyms being opened up next month at the first review, so I can get my summer body fixed Grin

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55307 on: January 14, 2021, 08:52:52 AM »

I'm sure some of you remember Redmond Lee, aka lolufold, who was prominent over on Sky Poker a decade or so ago, came to Vegas with us several times, was an analyst on the TV Channel & a member of Team Sky Poker. He was a regular in the cash games at The Vic too.  In 2010 he finished 20th or so in the WSOP Main for $300,000+.

He's still on Sky Poker though we don't see so much of him these days.

Anyway, after that lengthy intro, I'm grateful to an acquaintance Next Door - thanks Swoggy - for this YT Clip of Redmond. At least, I'm pretty sure it's the same Redmond.

Amazing.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 12:13:15 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55308 on: January 14, 2021, 09:10:42 AM »

Great excitement the last few nights, though in these Lockdown times it does not take much to rev me up.

When was the last time you cracked an egg & it was a double yolk? I can't recall the last time I did, am not even sure I've ever found one.

I was having poached eggs on toast on Tuesday - 3 eggs on 3 toast - & the first egg I cracked was a double. And so was the 2nd. And so was the 3rd.

That was 3 of the 6 eggs in the carton, & I had the other three last night. Egg # 4 was a double. Egg # 5 was a double. I thought I'm on for the Super Six here but Egg # 6 was a boring old single.

I had a google & the first search returned said the chances of a double yolk are about 1 in 1,000. That sounds anecdotal, arbitrary & bollox to me. But it's clearly quite high, & to get 5 in a row seems astronomical.

It's correlated though. Double yolks tend to come from large eggs - & I always buy "Extra Large" eggs. Double yolkers also tend to come from younger hens. So the chances are if a carton of large eggs all came from the same barn of young hens then we are more likely to see doubles.

Even so, it was a rare moment of excitement in my rather mundane lockdown existence.

Click to see full-size image.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55309 on: January 14, 2021, 09:12:32 AM »

And then, as is so often the case in life, my little bubble of excitement was snap deflated when I realised they are so common you can actually BUY the bloody things.

FFS.

Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #55310 on: January 14, 2021, 09:46:09 AM »

Great excitement the last few nights, though in these Lockdown times it does not take much to rev me up.

When was the last time you cracked an egg & it was a double yolk? I can't recall the last time I did, am not even sure I've ever found one.

I was having poached eggs on toast on Tuesday - 3 eggs on 3 toast - & the first egg I cracked was a double. And so was the 2nd. And so was the 3rd.

That was 3 of the 6 eggs in the carton, & I had the other three last night. Egg # 4 was a double. Egg # 5 was a double. I thought I'm on for the Super Six here but Egg # 6 was a boring old single.

I had a google & the first search returned said the chances of a double yolk are about 1 in 1,000. That sounds anecdotal, arbitrary & bollox to me. But it's clearly quite high, & to get 5 in a row seems astronomical.

It's correlated though. Double yolks tend to come from large eggs - & I always buy "Extra Large" eggs. Double yolkers also tend to come from younger hens. So the chances are if a carton of large eggs all came from the same barn of young hens then we are more likely to see doubles.

Even so, it was a rare moment of excitement in my rather mundane lockdown existence.

Click to see full-size image.

I get my eggs from a small shed with an honesty box about 2 miles out of town at the end of the farm road to a free range chicken farm. get about one to 2 double yolkers per tray of 30 eggs that they stack them in.

They have put a sign asking people not to hunt the doublers, saying they will do a doubler box of eggs (for double the price) if you phone the farm.

Saw your earlier reply - best I withhold my opinions on Thatcher, Murdoch & Keunssberg they'd bring on my scumbag onset tourettes.

And yes, Celtic are going through a trying time, a  mixture of Covid & complacency costing us dear.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55311 on: January 14, 2021, 09:51:47 AM »

Some people, (Not mentioning any names) buy eggs and then throw the yolks away.

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55312 on: January 14, 2021, 09:53:49 AM »

White people, presumably.

Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #55313 on: January 14, 2021, 09:54:47 AM »

And then, as is so often the case in life, my little bubble of excitement was snap deflated when I realised they are so common you can actually BUY the bloody things.

FFS.

You can always hope for other rare egg conditions - like the egg in an egg:

a mate at school who lived on a  smallholding swore he had one of these way back when.

Or the magnificently named Fart Egg - all white, no yolk.

I'm tempted to fence off the bottom of the garden (which is growing wild) and keep some hens - so have been looking at the different breeds and different colour eggs you get:

Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #55314 on: January 14, 2021, 10:07:02 AM »

Was trying to remember if we sat at breakfast anywhere - because sadly I resemble that remark - only with fried eggs though - do not like the yolk, yet happily eat an omelette or scrambled eggs. I then remembered Tikay's diets (eeuugh) and realised you'd caught more than one fish with that lure Red Cheesy

Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #55315 on: January 14, 2021, 10:17:44 AM »

https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/brick-collecting?utm_source=pocket-newtab-global-en-GB

This just came up on my google feed - and I knew just where to link it....

Supernova

He who laughs last didn't get it.

View Profile
« Reply #55316 on: January 14, 2021, 11:31:13 AM »

Brick nerd alert.

Inside the World of British Brickophiles
To devoted collectors, the humble building materials are full of stories—and well worth stockpiling.

https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/brick-collecting

And I need you more than want you.
And I want you for all time.
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #55317 on: January 14, 2021, 07:06:26 PM »

Brick nerd alert.

Inside the World of British Brickophiles
To devoted collectors, the humble building materials are full of stories—and well worth stockpiling.

https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/brick-collecting

Your google feed as well?

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #55318 on: January 15, 2021, 01:13:53 AM »

FFS.

You can always hope for other rare egg conditions - like the egg in an egg:

a mate at school who lived on a  smallholding swore he had one of these way back when.

Or the magnificently named Fart Egg - all white, no yolk.

I'm tempted to fence off the bottom of the garden (which is growing wild) and keep some hens - so have been looking at the different breeds and different colour eggs you get:

We have a hen that lays blue eggs.

After all theses ywersIstill don't know how to post a poicture or I'dshow you some.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55319 on: January 15, 2021, 09:39:55 AM »

Doobs runs SO good Next Door.

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/community/forums#/discussion/180862/spt-online-giveaway-the-week-two-winners-are/p1?new=1

Pages: 1 ... 3684 3685 3686 3687 [3688] 3689 3690 3691 3692 ... 3778 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: