blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 10:11:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273126 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 462 463 464 465 [466] 467 468 469 470 ... 3780 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6401515 times)
Newmanseye

I defy you, stars!

View Profile
« Reply #6975 on: July 07, 2008, 09:41:04 PM »

Everything in Vegas is BIG.

These pics, outside Caesars, must be 30' tall. That's Elton on the left. I have no idea who the girls are - his backing singers maybe.

Penn & Teller have giant Billboards all over Vegas, advertising their Rio Theatre Show. To my certain knowledge, they've been "resident" at the RioTheatre since 2005. I cannot help but wonder what their Contract is worth. Anyone know?

I think the middle is Bette Middler and the end one is Cher

I think he was being sarcastic........

Wooosh

"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer."

Hans Gruber - Die Hard
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6976 on: July 07, 2008, 09:41:18 PM »

These pics, outside Caesars, must be 30' tall. That's Elton on the left. I have no idea who the girls are - his backing singers maybe.

Penn & Teller have giant Billboards all over Vegas, advertising their Rio Theatre Show. To my certain knowledge, they've been "resident" at the RioTheatre since 2005. I cannot help but wonder what their Contract is worth. Anyone know?

I think he was being sarcastic........

Not at all - I have not go the faintest idea who they are. "Backing Singers", yes, a little ironic in that.

I never watch Telly these days, (except, oddly, for half hour when I go to bed in Hotels), I've got no idea where my zapper is at home, & my home TV has not been turned on since Christmas. "Entertainers", Film-Stars, all these folks are completely under my radar. I was impressed that I knew Elton though!

My TV used to be perma-tuned to MTV, VHS, Kerrang, etc, but not no more. They ruined MTV (for me) when they set up the slushy MTV Europe.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6977 on: July 07, 2008, 09:45:04 PM »

Thanks Billy. That Cher has grown her hair, eh?

I recall seeing her in that Video when she sat astride a gun-barrel, on an American Warship. Meant to be phallic I assumed, though I fancy the gun-barrel lacked sufficient diamater.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
b4matt

View Profile
« Reply #6978 on: July 07, 2008, 09:47:13 PM »

I don't often post but greatly enjoy you diary. Ok i prefer my pics of birds to have less feathers but still.. Keep it up!
Newmanseye

I defy you, stars!

View Profile
« Reply #6979 on: July 07, 2008, 09:48:23 PM »

Thanks Billy. That Cher has grown her hair, eh?

I recall seeing her in that Video when she sat astride a gun-barrel, on an American Warship. Meant to be phallic I assumed, though I fancy the gun-barrel lacked sufficient diamater.

I lol'd so much i went in to a coughing fit.

"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer."

Hans Gruber - Die Hard
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6980 on: July 07, 2008, 09:49:29 PM »

I shared a table with this man at Caesars last night, John Hewston.

He told everyone I was a top British TV Presenter. Two guys believed him. I don't know the name of the other guy.

AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6981 on: July 07, 2008, 09:52:13 PM »

Their show is well worth going to see.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #6982 on: July 07, 2008, 09:53:34 PM »

I shared a table with this man at Caesars last night, John Hewston.

He told everyone I was a top British TV Presenter. Two guys believed him. I don't know the name of the other guy.

He's after Jeeves' job obv.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #6983 on: July 07, 2008, 09:56:17 PM »

Definitely get along to see Penn & Teller if you get the chance, although probably better on the weekend when the place is close to capacity.
Kerrang? Never had you down as a QOTSA/Korn/System Of A Down kinda guy?

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6984 on: July 07, 2008, 09:59:50 PM »

If you meet folks for the first time "at home", (in the UK), it's fine, but when you come to Vegas & meet Brits, somehow you bond so much better.

I met this couple last night at Caesars, the young lady - Rachel - shared my Table, & her Hubbie, Clinton, was close by. They came from Cambridge (England) & we got chatting.

She is the PR Lady for a Construction Company (boy, that must be tough!) & he works for SIG (Sheffield Insulation Group) who are huge in UK construction.

But they run, in their spare time, something called "Pokka", which are combined Football & Poker Tourneys. (Pokka - soccer + poker).

Lovely couple, & we swapped e-addy's & moby numbers, & after a flurry of e-Mails last night, they have been booked to appear on the Sky Show. Soon sorted, that.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6985 on: July 07, 2008, 10:05:41 PM »

Their show is well worth going to see.

I saw them in London a good few years back, after they had the TV Show in the UK. Enjoyed them a lot.

When we went to Vegas with Poker 425, I interviewed him in his way into a Charity Tourney at Wynn, & asked him, wittily I thought, if he planned to "show us some magic at the card table tonight". "No", he replied deadpan, "this is not magic, it's poker". I'm not entirely sure to this day who whooshed whom.

Handsome dude in the flesh.....

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6986 on: July 07, 2008, 10:09:13 PM »

Definitely get along to see Penn & Teller if you get the chance, although probably better on the weekend when the place is close to capacity.
Kerrang? Never had you down as a QOTSA/Korn/System Of A Down kinda guy?

I liked Kerrang a lot, but I never understood that brown paper bag on head thing.

I first saw that Pearl Jam vid on there, I think it was a Lionel Richie cover or whatever. They were in a Hotel Room throwing chocs over the balcony, remember it? I thought the drummer was well cool.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6987 on: July 07, 2008, 10:16:27 PM »

These are Caesars Palace Chips, weirdly pastel-colours. I can tell them apart in singles, but in a dirty stack, they are a nightmare.

PS - Just a brag post really, that I had 13,000. Not for long, mind.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6988 on: July 07, 2008, 10:19:41 PM »

I don't quite get how Vegas works this, but if you enter a Tourney, you always get an optional "Staff Bonus" of chips.

So, last night's Caesars jobbie was advertised as "$500 + $40", & "15,000 chips". In fact, you get 12,500 chips - & - seperately - 2,500 chips for the "Staff Bonus". What that about?

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6989 on: July 07, 2008, 10:22:08 PM »

I don't quite get how Vegas works this, but if you enter a Tourney, you always get an optional "Staff Bonus" of chips.

So, last night's jobbie was advertsed as "$500 + $40", & "15,000 chips". In fact, you get 12,500 chips - & - seperately - 2,500 chips for the "Staff Bonus". What that about?

you would be mad not to take the extra 2500 for $10. At least that's what they told me at registration. cleverway of hiding another $10 reg fee imo.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Pages: 1 ... 462 463 464 465 [466] 467 468 469 470 ... 3780 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: