blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2024, 09:15:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273399 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 823 824 825 826 [827] 828 829 830 831 ... 3780 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6411917 times)
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #12390 on: March 27, 2009, 05:23:31 PM »

He was just one of the ones who got caught. Yes it was a stupid thing to do but I don't think he should be given such a hard time for such a long period when so many of them are on performance enhancers its ridiculous.

One of the words most famous sportsmen was on them. A cyclist, let's call him 'Vance LegsWeak'. When he was caught it was kept hush and away to protect the integrity of the cycling because the damage done outing him would have been too huge for the sport.

I think a part of the problem is that too many people think it's only one or two. Complete pish in some sports!

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #12391 on: March 27, 2009, 05:24:17 PM »

How could any form of cheating not affect anyone else? Any from of cheating hurts others who compete in that sport. Poor Terry Butcher in '86....that donkey could have been a world cup winner if it wasn't for Maradonna's cheating. The point is that we should treat all cheats on an equal footing. It's not on that one cheat can be given a 2nd chance and be regarded a hero and one cheat denied that chance and regarded as scum.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
kenjude

View Profile
« Reply #12392 on: March 27, 2009, 07:20:51 PM »

Maradona is a cheating scum, and that pillock Lineker should have been shot for saying on TV in recent years that he blamed the referee for allowing the goal more than he blamed Maradona for the cheating. How damaging could such a statement be in infleuncing future generations of players to believe that cheating is OK? I would have bounced Lineker out of his job for that. But then if that idiot Blatter spent more time thinking about cleaning up the game on the pitch rather than persistently whining about things he can't really influence (Ronaldo "slavery", Premier League profits etc etc. etc.) we might have a chance of a game with less cheating. I won't hold my breath though.

Chambers now 100% clean? Hmmmm...........I'm no expert, but how can we be sure that his physical condition doesn't still retain some effect from the potions he was taking?

I don't particularly have an objection to him competing in a personal capacity if his body really does have no legacy from the steroids, if anyone wants to invite him to their meetings, but I don't see why he should think he has a right to represent the country.

Cheers

Ken
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12393 on: March 27, 2009, 07:26:54 PM »

PokerStars continue to extend their domination of Poker, I had a long Press Release from them today, but, in short, it said.....

PokerStars and BugsysClub have forged a deal which sees PokerStars.comtaking on all BugsysClub player accounts. 

just transfered my bugsys account to my stars account (not that i had much in it) and stars made me play through the $s in my bugsys account before i could withdraw it ( not that i had any plans too) that has to be sick
note on bugsys website said the money was ring fenced and not to worry but to have to play through the money is bad

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12394 on: March 27, 2009, 07:29:56 PM »

Flushy is on "In-Poker" this week - the last airing is TONIGHT.

what time, nothing on my sky planner

It is Tuesday today, right?

Oops, sorry. That Edition aired for the last time last night, sorry.

I've spoken to Feltham, & they are gonna give me a few DVD's of th Show, & I will pass them round to those interested, & maybe somene clever could Upload it somewhere. Or Download. Or whatever.

My fault for not mentioning it before, it started airing last Thursday, sorry.

if you get a copy to me and i'll post the file somewhere

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12395 on: March 27, 2009, 07:30:47 PM »

Maradona is a cheating scum, and that pillock Lineker should have been shot for saying on TV in recent years that he blamed the referee for allowing the goal more than he blamed Maradona for the cheating. How damaging could such a statement be in infleuncing future generations of players to believe that cheating is OK? I would have bounced Lineker out of his job for that. But then if that idiot Blatter spent more time thinking about cleaning up the game on the pitch rather than persistently whining about things he can't really influence (Ronaldo "slavery", Premier League profits etc etc. etc.) we might have a chance of a game with less cheating. I won't hold my breath though.

Chambers now 100% clean? Hmmmm...........I'm no expert, but how can we be sure that his physical condition doesn't still retain some effect from the potions he was taking?

I don't particularly have an objection to him competing in a personal capacity if his body really does have no legacy from the steroids, if anyone wants to invite him to their meetings, but I don't see why he should think he has a right to represent the country.

A man after my own heart. Great Post.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 07:32:59 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12396 on: March 27, 2009, 07:34:44 PM »

I've spoken to Feltham, & they are gonna give me a few DVD's of th Show, & I will pass them round to those interested, & maybe somene clever could Upload it somewhere. Or Download. Or whatever.

Have ordered some spare copies Iron.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
cia260895

View Profile
« Reply #12397 on: March 27, 2009, 07:36:51 PM »

Am no expert on steroids but i thought they boosted muscle bulk,

has he lost any muscle bulk?

doesnt look like it.

So are the effects of the steroids are still available to him
cia260895

View Profile
« Reply #12398 on: March 27, 2009, 07:37:53 PM »

someone must be able to post it on you tube?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12399 on: March 27, 2009, 07:42:59 PM »

Yes. Thats why I have ordered some copies.....

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12400 on: March 27, 2009, 07:51:20 PM »

i will do it if tikay gets me a copy

MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #12401 on: March 27, 2009, 11:58:45 PM »

Chambers never ran any quicker while on the drugs programme. It was a complete waste of time. I think his pb was improved by 0.01s while he took them and that could be contributed to natural progression anyhow. He's gonna need more than residue from stuff that never worked to catch Usain Bolt this year imo.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #12402 on: March 28, 2009, 12:10:44 AM »

One for you Tikay, came up on the Wikipedia home page yesterday:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hellingly_Hospital_Railway

Couldn't help but giggle that the private railway to the psychiatric hospital was a spur off the Cuckoo line.
The private railway and the later path are gone.
The cuckoo line is now the cuckoo trail and extends from polegate to heathfield
77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12403 on: March 28, 2009, 12:18:55 AM »

Tikay, where do you stand on players that have been proven cheaters in the poker world?

Players such as Mark Telscher and Justin Bonomo who are both proven dual account cheats online have suffered no live penalty for cheating.

Its extremely rare that players get penalties for cheating/breaking the rules, what changes would you like to see brought in or enforced to a greater degree?

Mantis - I would like to thank 77dave for his more realistic take on things.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #12404 on: March 28, 2009, 01:52:15 AM »

Tikay, where do you stand on players that have been proven cheaters in the poker world?

Players such as Mark Telscher and Justin Bonomo who are both proven dual account cheats online have suffered no live penalty for cheating.

Its extremely rare that players get penalties for cheating/breaking the rules, what changes would you like to see brought in or enforced to a greater degree?

I played against Teltscher in a cash game on Crypto a short while back (degen shot taking ftw!) and the table was talking about his case. He said another well known pro was involved in his case which is why he's never been able to fully offer his side of the story and a lot is not yet known.

He's still a tosser

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Pages: 1 ... 823 824 825 826 [827] 828 829 830 831 ... 3780 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: