blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:53:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  WSOP MAIN EVENT: DAY 1C - Interactive
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: WSOP MAIN EVENT: DAY 1C - Interactive  (Read 27343 times)
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 09, 2007, 10:41:49 AM »

Focusing on the sideline issues which concern us all at 2am:

Apart from the actual news of TJ Cloutier being eliminated, I have for you:

Sleepwatch

One more American pro spotted still here at this late hour - Steve Brecher, whom I remember from the WPT Paris many years ago - he made it to Europe one time at least, so deserves an update - looks like 30k, but I can't read my own writing on my notepad. 

Hatwatch

With time running out, it seemed a valuable use of the last 20 minutes to run a little competition in my head for the best hats still in:
Booby prize for cliched classy hat
4th place to Todd Brunson for not finding his own path, stylewise
3rd place to Mick McCloskey for covering his with badges.......
2nd place, for obvious reasons to this guy,
and 1st place to this Unknown Warrior, who has co-ordinated so perfectly.

Not in the competition but catching my eye was a T-shirt reading, "Your sunglasses don't hide that you suck."

---------------

Not long left now, especially for Steve Mitchel perhaps who has just 5k. "Whatever happens, you're going to get some for of final Level excitement," I said to him.

It's late in the day, but I managed to find another Brit, Graham Hardwell from Bristol. He's on 33k after limp folding when the blind bet out 5k on a Q-T-J (2 clubs Flop).

Watch out for Irishman Mick McCloskey, you can never count him out. "You've still got 40k, you had that 3 hours ago," I observed. "Oh no, I had 41k then," he quickly replied.

Gavin Griffin is out after a promising start, big surprise that one. Chris Ferguson and Robert Varkonyi are still sharing a table, both with 55-60k in chips.

Vanessa Rousso is surely out because she's watching boyfriend Chad Brown from the sidelelines. He's on 66k and always a danger.

Another big name, Allen Cunningham is there with 54k, but Kenna James seems to be missing. Can't see Steve Brecher either.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 11:12:49 AM by snoopy1239 » Logged

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: July 09, 2007, 11:03:53 AM »

Quote from: The beagle with the guns
Audley Harrison, the Olympic silver medalist

Think you'll find that despite flattering to deceive in the pro game, he did manage to win the Gold at the Olympics.  Maybe you're thinking of Amir Khan?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 09, 2007, 11:31:59 AM »

I am going to pre-empt the actual end of play by a short ways today so we can either nip to the front of the taxi queue (it is absolutely ridiculous at this time of day) or get a lift with Stuart Fox - what a gent - he offered to drop us at the Orleans on the way to his apartment after he finishes playing his 12 hour day.  Bless.

Vanessa Rousso is indeed out, after building such a stack too - it all went when she flopped an underset - Fives under Queens on a 4-5-Q board.  Followed to the rail by the TV crews, she was relating the story to Chad Brown et al. 

Simon Hennessey has under 9,000 now, after getting involved with in a pot which included chip leader Carl Olsen (pictured).  "I run so bad.  Chip leader runs so good."  So chip leader raises to 2,200, which he was doing pretty much every hand (showing 2-4 off recently) and the big blind is, "a big fan of squeezing," so Simon risks just flat calling...no, no raise.  "I should have just f**ing raised," he laments, especially when the flop comes down K-3-5 rainbow and he checks, fully expecting a bet he can raise.  No, all four players in the hand check, while the turn brings a second heart.  Now he bets out 6k, and chip leader calls.  The river is the , bringing him a set of aces which he "duly paid off the 11k value bet with the flush."

---------------------

Just a few minutes left, so we've been ousted from the cardroom. Just as I was leaving though, I managed to spot the following faces:

Arnaud Mattern
Richard 'Tafftour'
Simon Hennessey
Jason Alexander
Stuart Fox
Ernst Hermans
Mark Gregorich
Patric Bueno
Silent Sam
Humberto Brenes
Amnon Filipi
Richard Connolly
Todd Brunson
Allen Cunningham
Chris Ferguson
Robert Varkonyi
Sylvester Geoghegan
Daniel Palmer
Paul Cryan
Peter Smythe
Hassan Habib
Steve Dannenmann
Jonas Molander
Rene Agnelil
Chad Brown
Oscar Blanco
Marc Naalden
Ben Roberts
Phil Gordon
Mick McCloskey

Righteo, that's it for today, must dash, Foxy's giving us a lift.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 11:32:32 AM by snoopy1239 » Logged

busbybhoy

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 09, 2007, 02:05:49 PM »

Just been eliminated - AAAAAARRRRGGGGHHHH

I could go on all day about the horrendous calls ive seen and the lack of any kinda of connecting with the flop but what ultimatley did it was this:

Me:£17k
Villain: £37k
Blinds & Ante:£1.1k

Folded to villain who in pos 6 raises to £2.5k (pot now £3.6k)

With    I min reraised to £5k (pot now £8.6k)

Villain, after much consideration calls (out of position)

Flop: 

Villain Checks

I move all in for my last £12k
(I could be beaten here but villain is loose aggraesive and has raised first in a number of occasions, so given my raise was only min his range is pretty wide, of which I can beat quite a lot)

Villain calls with  (open ended straight and backdoor flush - both undercards)

The turn was 

The River brought  to fill his straight

Much annoyance but I guess thats the game well love to hate

Only sorry, with such support, I couldnt have lasted longer and made more of an impact.

Plenty of time to digest the detail and the many other hands, Ill come back with more once Ive calmed down.

You mind me asking why you just min reraise?? You are commiting third of your stack...Why not just push harder pre flop and take it down there?
maxward

WSOP ME 2007

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 09, 2007, 02:59:51 PM »

I accept min raising is a debatable play here.

Ive had a number of similar situations where the initial raise took a significant portion of my stack and so pushed, with no call, taking blinds and antes. 

In this isntance I wanted to get paid, given his range I was happy that i was probably ahead and more than likely should an ace fall on the flop. If not and he leads out after my preflop raise, I could in theory, although short, still get away and find another spot.

King of the river check-raise
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 09, 2007, 03:29:26 PM »

is the runner up APAt scottish winner phil starr?

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: