blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:13:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  WSOP - Final Day
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 [33] Go Down Print
Author Topic: WSOP - Final Day  (Read 42150 times)
fergus8

View Profile
« Reply #480 on: July 18, 2007, 01:20:02 PM »

what he was good at was time over decisions and no visable tells
Muahahahaha

View Profile
« Reply #481 on: July 18, 2007, 01:24:55 PM »

Yang done good.  He came out of the blocks running, and got that early double up, after taking down pretty much every one of the first dozen or so hands.

Getting some donk to bluff all his chips at you , for an early double up on the ft of the wsop main event.  Nice work if you can get it.

After that it was pretty much plain sailing.

I have to say I thought it was pretty poor charging into his fans everytime he knocked someone out, before shaking hands with the loser.  That put me right off him.

And all that ' God was on my side ' stuff.  Just don't let him plan any trips to the middle east.

And the fact that, with the exception of one REALLY good player, all the rest just bet into him, or called, for all their chips with non premium hands.  He didn't play brilliantly, but he did what had to be done.

Once the game got to 4 handed he started playing better, and ended up looking very comfortable by the HU.

Congrats to the 2nd best player there.

( I forget the name of the best player, but I think he's had a couple of  namechecks here abouts.  Now HIS push had plenty of FE and if only ..... )

Tell you something for nothing.  Of all the play I've seen on the final table, I rated Kravchenko beforehand because of what he's achieved, and I think his game will keep him in good stead.

Not particularly exciting personality tho'

BUT.

There was only one guy whose charisma came oozing through the ether.

Only one guy deserves to be taken up on a huge sponsorship deal.

Step up to the plate young Skalie
Muahahahaha

View Profile
« Reply #482 on: July 18, 2007, 01:32:56 PM »

i dont remember many times he was ahead of any1 bar the old south african, seemed it was all races or he was behind

First 4 guys he took out

1) He had TPTK villain had an 8 high flush draw with one card to come

2) He had A9 ( I think ) villain had A7

3) He had nothing, but villain CALLED with KJ.  he deserved that one purely because he was the aggressor.

4) He had JJ villain had AQ on a K high flop, with virtually nothing extra to put in post flop. ( khan played this one REALLY badly - he should have pushed preflop.  He still would have lost, but.......)

He can't be faulted for that little lot
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #483 on: July 18, 2007, 01:35:41 PM »

WTF, this guy was the ONLY one at the FT who deserved to win the thing. Out players under pressure, constant aggression forced massive mistakes. Cant help but feel that a semi-decent pro would have ripped him apart though. Well done to him, dominated that final.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #484 on: July 18, 2007, 01:41:05 PM »

WTF, this guy was the ONLY one at the FT who deserved to win the thing. Out players under pressure, constant aggression forced massive mistakes. Cant help but feel that a semi-decent pro would have ripped him apart though. Well done to him, dominated that final.

I hope he doesn't get labelled a donk because as you say he went out to win it and got what he deserved. Your right regarding the second point, I just don't understand why the other decent players didn't sit back and wait for better spots as they were mostly deep stacked early on. I'm still shaking my head at Lee Watkinson particularly, he will regret that one for a loooooooong time.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #485 on: July 18, 2007, 07:39:37 PM »

i think it was a bad winner, totally against what i think poker is about, if he put a chip in he never folded no matter the action, and bluffed stupidly, do not know how the hell he won

He played exactly the right way for a short stack at the final table of the ME..and after he had the table pretty much figured out he got the supposed better players to make stupid bets.

He was behind when he got his chips in with J8 suited but the other guy called for his entire tourneylife with KJ off suit...everybody else up untill that point he completely outplayed..it's that simple.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
fergus8

View Profile
« Reply #486 on: July 18, 2007, 08:29:39 PM »

i think he ll be another gold, i really do. doyles gonna rip him to pieces in hsp
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #487 on: July 18, 2007, 08:34:18 PM »

i think he ll be another gold, i really do. doyles gonna rip him to pieces in hsp

Unlike other players i'm fairly sure most of that money will never see the green felt again
The Rivercard

View Profile
« Reply #488 on: July 18, 2007, 09:27:26 PM »

Unlike other players i'm fairly sure most of that money will never see the green felt again

I agree from what I can see from his interview on the world series site he seems like a really nice bloke who will try and use the money to do some good. I hope he does and good luck to him

pokerinthepub...3000 and growing
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #489 on: July 18, 2007, 09:40:17 PM »

I agree from what I can see from his interview on the world series site he seems like a really nice bloke who will try and use the money to do some good. I hope he does and good luck to him

Yarp. Although slightly OTT on the religious nonsense tbh.

HI HELEN!
Benny Brox

View Profile
« Reply #490 on: July 18, 2007, 10:45:05 PM »

I have to agree he was probably the player who deserved it most by the way he played. If he was regarded as a tighter player there is no way he would have been called by KJ, re-raised by AQ or tried to be bluffed with A7, so his table image as a LAG served him well in the end.

Childs, Watkinson and Khans plays were very poor I believe. Hilm's wasn't bad as he had several outs and it was a hopeful call by Yang with only one pair albeit TPTK. I realised Hilm didn't push til the turn but he would have been called on the flop anyway.

Did Kalmar play his AK too fast, it was an insta-all in against a tight player who raised it an irregular amount (1.7m vs the usual 900k-1m) which could arouse suspicion in my mind?

Is it just me or do the Yanks deliberately not admit when they've made a bad play. I listened to Watkinson's comments on the live stream trying to justify his call. I realise him, Childs & Hilm were out to win but to put your tournaments on the line with KJ, A7 and a draw when you have a tons of chips is just suicide in my book, you wouldn't see Hellmuth play like that. These guys being eliminated served Yang well as the others (maybe apart from the Russian) were clearly trying to move up in the money.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 [33] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: