blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:10:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Gutted - need to vent, sorry!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gutted - need to vent, sorry!  (Read 5342 times)
portfolio

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2007, 08:41:19 PM »

I'd be ranting too with 2  in the deck!

Obviously unlucky, but with the stacks the way they were the re-raises were always going to be called - far too much in the pot for any of you to fold.

Original raise can surely only be a steal by the CL and by the time you push in the SS has got great value for live cards, CL then has to call with those odds (roughly 60k in already, and an extra 16k for her to call)

You did nothing wrong.

;

suzanne

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2007, 02:59:52 AM »

I was gutted for you girl and I could tell by your face how sick to the stomach you were when you went out.

Look to the positive.... you went in with the best hand at a crucial point, you could have trebled up and had a hefty stack to take to the final table. The poker fairy was not on your side this time but you played a brilliant game the whole tourney (even I donated) and just got unlucky.

A free entry gives you another go and I have learnt my lesson.......respest the reraise by the mighty Claw (she took me out as you might have guessed)

ariston

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2007, 05:43:10 AM »

Was wondering what happened to you Claire...ugh...gutted for you.  Have no doubt you'll pull it off next time though.  Is it just me, or did that comp seem to FLY?  Couldn't believe how fast everyone was getting knocked out. 

Was a pleasure to meet everyone.  Next stop...Newcastle.   

has it not crossed anybodies mind that the fact it finished quickly was because people were calling allins with monsters like K6 and 89. I think you should probably stick to gala (you can even play online now ladies I believe) and leave the poker to the men.

Maybe I'm wrong and it was over quickly because there was ironing and cleaning and stuff to be done Wink

ariston

better lucky than good
lazaroonie

Your a dead man Den Watts !!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2007, 09:45:23 AM »

maybe we should move it to the board, but does anyone else not really like any of the play here ?

Irrespective of the other players holdings - I have AK - one player has acted in strength and bet, I have two players to act behind me.

Going all-in here can never be a long term +EV move. I cant really find a strong argument for putting all my chips into already raised multiway pot with nothing more than a big drawing hand.

The blog of my friend Colchester Kev
http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2007, 10:01:31 AM »

Going all-in here can never be a long term +EV move

someone could do the maths, I'm not gonna can't cos I'm too thick but I'm pretty sure that you're wrong. Less than 7 BBs, one raiser, I'm insta all in.
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2007, 10:09:29 AM »

cut off is stacked up and has raised with blinds invitingly large and worth stealing.

LP raise from a big stack in this situation means AK is v well ahead of his range unless he/she is exceptionally tight. Throw in the fact claire is shortstacked and that she can generate a very small amount of fold equity and this is, to use a flushy-ism, an insta-push.

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
tantrum
K2o

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2007, 05:52:15 PM »

I don't think neither claire or pffa made a bad play, what about k6 woman? do you call here with K6s after claire pushed and you have pffa to act after you?

'Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not; a sense of humor to console him for what he is.'
Francis Bacon
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2007, 10:00:07 PM »

I don't think neither claire or pffa made a bad play, what about k6 woman? do you call here with K6s after claire pushed and you have pffa to act after you?

no K6 woman's play isn't actually very good (I'm being nice)..

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2007, 11:15:07 PM »

maybe we should move it to the board

wimmins poker on the board, what next?

The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2007, 11:17:49 PM »

doubleup

tantrum
K2o

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 24, 2007, 01:00:03 PM »

Boldie is learning dyplomacy:)

'Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not; a sense of humor to console him for what he is.'
Francis Bacon
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: July 24, 2007, 06:50:32 PM »

Boldie is learning dyplomacy:)

Well, no need to be cruel to the little lady who played the K6 hand..she's only a girl and can't be held responisble for her play as women lack any sense of the logic that is required to play poker properly Wink

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: