blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 10:13:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272574 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  SNG Bubble drawing hand
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: SNG Bubble drawing hand  (Read 1806 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« on: July 23, 2007, 09:37:03 PM »

4 left $100 SNG

Chips

Cut off 1,800

Button 6,500

Small blind 4,100

You BB 2,600

CO folds, Button limps for 100, SB passes

Button is Tight Aggressive, people have been donating chips to him and he has shown premiums every time

This is his first open limp all SNG

You in BB with 

Check

Flop 

250 in the pot

First to act, thoughts please on check-call, check-raise, check-check if the option is givven to you or bet out

are you check raising all-in?

how much might you bet out, if you do?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2007, 10:05:46 PM »

first limp is the part that has me concerned somewhat. Reeks of a monster to me.

then again..you've got a monster of your own and if he really is tight he probably won't give you a lot of action if your flush comes down (he might not take you for a straight draw aswell) I check call here 60% of the time... lead out for a pot sized bet and call his reraise which is likely to be to 1k ish (there's no way I'm folding this here so if he raises all in he's got my chips in the middle)

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 11:16:35 PM »

Hmmm the limp is suspicious, assuming he is reasonable, is there any reason for him to do this? For example are either the sb or you likely to raise, if so i would beworried.

I think i lead here most of the time due to the fact that a check raise doesn't commit us to the pot and will lead to playing the turn oop with a big pot. Whereas if we lead and get raised, we can shove over the top and still have fold equity and the best hand.

The fact its the bubble complicates things even more, Im playing this to get it in on the flop and if we don't manage that leading keeps the pot smaller than c/r would. I like leading here.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2007, 11:22:18 PM »

I would play this hand differently dependant upon a combination of the blind size and my opponent's aggression.

If the blinds were big and the other player was aggressive I would check-raise and hope to win a sizeable pot on the flop. And if I'm short-stacked enough that this move puts me all-in then I will be happy to seize this good opportunity to gamble.

In your example there is no real value in the pot and your opponent is quite tight so I would bet out. I really want to be building a pot worth winning should the draw complete...but also betting out gives you the initiative to try and win the hand later should the draw fail to come. If you bet out say 200 you may well get re-raised and this would then give you the value to push all-in.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
maxward

WSOP ME 2007

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2007, 11:52:59 PM »

Its tricky, Ill have a think and come back with a fuller answer but on first feeling I am always leading out with 70% pot bet, the chk doesnt give me the information I need at this point. Playing hands out of position with strength I always feel more comfortable with obtaining easy/cheap information.

King of the river check-raise
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2007, 12:16:01 AM »

As this is a bubble, its probably wrong to get involved in a race, so I would just check call. 

If he bets 250. a cr less than all-in will give you a problem on the turn if called and all-in reeks of a draw. 

Leading out might allow you to get allin if raised, but I can't see him folding a hand that raises you - so you are racing on the bubble. 

If you check call you are getting pot odds to a reasonable bet on the flop and the turn - he might even check the turn.  If you hit he might pay you off, if you miss you are still in with a chance of cashing.  I would say that this is the ideal scenario as you have an opportunity to accumulate needed chips while minimizing the chance of elimination.
Benny Brox

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2007, 08:36:39 PM »

I'd lead out 150-200 you need to find out some info from him. If it goes check-check you'll know nothing. His limp may not represent a monster, he may have merely raised before to protect his hand when the field was larger and now four-handed he might try to get a flop with less of a hand. Once you bet and he raises this may tell you different. If he folds to your bet then you win a pot with 6-high.
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2007, 06:31:23 AM »

i lead for 200, if he raises, you shove, if he calls, and you miss the turn, i probably check if he fires i prob muck, you have only done 200 extra in this way. If you hit the turn i fire 325 and expect to get raised
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2007, 12:21:19 PM »

TAKE A FREE CARD.
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2007, 12:42:25 PM »

you need to find out some info from him.

What info are you looking for?  Are you bluffing him a little bit, to try to find out if he's weak enough to fold if you bluff him a big bit?
temp0r

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2007, 01:30:59 PM »

given there's a shorter stack out there i'm willing to play this pretty passive. especially as he should be raising any two cards there really..
maldini32

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2007, 01:42:38 PM »

As this is a bubble, its probably wrong to get involved in a race, so I would just check call. 

If he bets 250. a cr less than all-in will give you a problem on the turn if called and all-in reeks of a draw. 

Leading out might allow you to get allin if raised, but I can't see him folding a hand that raises you - so you are racing on the bubble. 

If you check call you are getting pot odds to a reasonable bet on the flop and the turn - he might even check the turn.  If you hit he might pay you off, if you miss you are still in with a chance of cashing.  I would say that this is the ideal scenario as you have an opportunity to accumulate needed chips while minimizing the chance of elimination.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2007, 02:08:25 PM »

As it happens I played it wrong

I check raised (I knew I should have led out) thinking I was facing a standard CB and I would get him off assuming he would have missed

when he then pushed I was committed

He had

Turn and river both blanked, so I bubbled

thansk for the replies

My eyes are open wide
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2007, 02:17:35 PM »

I knew I should have led out

When he raises you (as he will with his hand) don't you go AI?

I don't see how leading out stops you going broke.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2007, 03:14:55 PM »

I knew I should have led out

When he raises you (as he will with his hand) don't you go AI?

I don't see how leading out stops you going broke.

maybe, assuming of course he raises. Most would, could get a flat call out of him though

My eyes are open wide
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: