blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:09:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Did I make a bad call?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Did I make a bad call?  (Read 1112 times)
deputydawg

View Profile
« on: July 26, 2007, 12:24:55 AM »

$2/4 cash game 10 handed - all stacks c.$400 +/- 50

UTG+1 limps for $4

I have KK and raise to $16

UTG+1 calls - everyone else folded

flop 522 - he goes all in for c.$350 and I call

He has AA - no help on turn and river

should i have folded?
temp0r

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 01:18:13 AM »

normally see 55 turned over here. you might say thats a stupid way to play it but it's very +EV because few can lay down an overpair on that board!
i only call at this limit if i have the appropriate stats/notes to do so. unless he's just joined the table or appears a little mental.
PyrE

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2007, 02:22:37 AM »

If the dude going all in is a decent player, then I would most likely insta fold.

Early pos limper - calls your 4xBB raise and the pushes on pretty harmless flop. You will have to think that he puts you on a pretty decent holding as well after your pre flop action, but still pushes. What kind of hands would you have done that with in his/her's shoes?

You should be "very careful" playing for stacks with only a pair - so if you dont have very good reason to call - fold.

But then again, i suck at cash Smiley
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2007, 10:09:50 AM »

What did you put him on out of interest?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
deputydawg

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2007, 10:58:43 AM »

in my heart of hearts I feared he might have AA as I couldn't see him having a 2 in his hand unless 22 and personally I wouldn't push with 55

However I treated it a little like KK pre flop in a cash game which I would never fold as there is the chance he could play AK, QQ, JJ etc the same way( poss even a middle pair due to limp and call pre flop). Because of that I though there was >50% I was ahead and called

Unfortunately I had been about to sit out but the guy that should have been BB sat out and I was BB b4 I knew it so decided to play another round
Moskvich

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2007, 11:28:59 AM »

If the guy's anything approaching a decent player there's surely nothing he does this with that you can beat, except a genuine misclick. Would you do this with QQ or JJ? Surely there's just no point - you never get paid if you're ahead, as JJ/TT/AK simply isn't going to call when it needs to win 47% to break even. And if he's the sort of player to limp/call with QQ/JJ, then he might well be the sort to limp/call with A2s, in which case you've also had it. If he'd check-raised you on the flop then you probably have to shove it in, but with full stacks against an unknown/average player I can't see how you're going to win 50% of these.

My paranoia about KK is becoming increasingly deep-rooted however... Managed to run it into AA twice in the space of a minute on different tables the other day lol.
The_Diamond

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2007, 02:13:30 AM »

lol! What a ridiculous all-in. Unless you have history on this guy you have to always fold. Such a huge all in will be the nuts or close to it all to often. As a bonus he saves you a fortune when you can throw away KK.

AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2007, 01:09:01 AM »

Got to save yourself money here m8, learn to fold this quickly. Big bets are nearly always the nut or near nut, simple fold.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: