blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:37:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Live cash games against reckless nutcases. Luton here we go!
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Live cash games against reckless nutcases. Luton here we go!  (Read 5971 times)
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2007, 07:42:10 PM »

Deffo playing more cash @ Luton on Sat and Sunday evenings now. Fish frying time.  Been rethinking strategy all week Smiley

Thats the spirit!!!!

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2007, 08:17:55 PM »

Deffo playing more cash @ Luton on Sat and Sunday evenings now. Fish frying time.  Been rethinking strategy all week Smiley

Thats the spirit!!!!

Think u'v been getting the wrong end of the stick wrt my posts bobby1. I love poker and all its players, good or bad. Dont take me too seriously.
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2007, 08:53:52 PM »

I was being geniune there Alex, I know you are a good player and sometimes good players can appear disrespectful of what they see as lesser players and some of your recent posts seemed like that, imho its a pitfall that a lot of good players get into and it effects their game if they dwell on it. I was genuinely responding to your positive post.

My poker ability is middle of the road, im a grinder more than anything else but I have had some nice tourney success in the past but at the moment my tourney game is in pieces. I got to a stage where I would start a tourney thinking'how lucky will I have to be to beat this lot, 50/50's, bad play by them, getting outdrawn etc etc' In the end I was beat before I started. So I concentrated on making my cash on the cash tables which made my tourney game decline even more thru lack of practice, so in reality Im on your side mate as I kinda recognise the symptoms and how it can bring you down if you let it grate.

anyway, good luck next weekend in the cash game, let us know how you get on.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Tragic

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2007, 09:01:53 PM »

SO you sit there and you decide however bored you get, you arent going to leak chips calling with trash oop, you sit there for five hours, you get literally nothing, not one decent hand, even sooted connectors would be a godsend you bluff a couple of hands to stay in a slight profit. All the while the regular locals are constantly needling you about being a waste of a seat. Wtf am I supposed to do?? Adjusting from onlien to live seems so difficult...and I haven't managed it by any means.
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2007, 09:08:01 PM »

SO you sit there and you decide however bored you get, you arent going to leak chips calling with trash oop, you sit there for five hours, you get literally nothing, not one decent hand, even sooted connectors would be a godsend you bluff a couple of hands to stay in a slight profit. All the while the regular locals are constantly needling you about being a waste of a seat. Wtf am I supposed to do?? Adjusting from onlien to live seems so difficult...and I haven't managed it by any means.

That actually sounds like the last time I did play in that cash game in Luton  Sad

AlexMartin
spewtards r us

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2007, 09:19:45 PM »

I was being geniune there Alex, I know you are a good player and sometimes good players can appear disrespectful of what they see as lesser players and some of your recent posts seemed like that, imho its a pitfall that a lot of good players get into and it effects their game if they dwell on it. I was genuinely responding to your positive post.

My poker ability is middle of the road, im a grinder more than anything else but I have had some nice tourney success in the past but at the moment my tourney game is in pieces. I got to a stage where I would start a tourney thinking'how lucky will I have to be to beat this lot, 50/50's, bad play by them, getting outdrawn etc etc' In the end I was beat before I started. So I concentrated on making my cash on the cash tables which made my tourney game decline even more thru lack of practice, so in reality Im on your side mate as I kinda recognise the symptoms and how it can bring you down if you let it grate.

anyway, good luck next weekend in the cash game, let us know how you get on.

ty, cheers for input m8. I wont turn into a twat, i promise.

Talk a load of shite and have good conversation, read the poker magazines. This will keep you occupied.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2007, 09:23:39 PM by Alex Martin » Logged
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2007, 09:25:27 PM »

That actually sounds like the last time I did play in that cash game in Luton  Sad

Me too. It worked too, as on the right night no one will notice your inactivity until you pounce cobra like and devour the fish

Assuming cobras eat fish.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2007, 09:29:35 PM »

Me too. It worked too, as on the right night no one will notice your inactivity until you pounce cobra like and devour the fish

Assuming cobras eat fish.

lol, i like that image. As it happens on that night I managed to pass kk on a 10 7 4 board to a bet from me, a re raise and an all in, they turned over ace 10 and queen ten and I was gutted but I got the message for next time.

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2007, 10:13:00 PM »

grrrrrrrrrr i will put the 50p in the jar first but inspired by the talk of being rusty in tourneys I just played the Thew challenge, 40 runners 6 left, 5 get paid but first is the only spot really, I call a raise in the bb with 10 10. The flop is q 10 6 and i check, raiser bets I raise he moves all in, I call and he flips over AA. Turn a blank and river is the Ace.

Im cursed in these tourneys I tell ya......... Angry

geeforce1

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2007, 05:01:23 AM »

Over-betting on the flop, especially OOP, with less than a very strong holding is possibly the biggest single mistake players make at full-handed cash tables

not imo. inability to play down the streets gets ppl into more probs. put out a decent bet that represents a strong hand, if called then learn to slow down. on this sort of board that is greater ev than putting out bets that represent nothing all the way down the river or check calling all the way. the fact that its a dry side pot u gain more info by doing this cos u would expect ur bet to be respected more.

also i dont agree that checking will give u better info, a hand in position could pick up pot with TT JJ. also how do u then play down each street? a bigger ace can value bet the death out of u, or a smaller ace take u off ur hand depending how passive you are. at least by playing it strong you are saying i have a big ace...now call flop and outplay turn if u dare, and most likey if this is the case u r beat. controlled aggression is far more profitable

Turn and river bets are naturally made relative to the current pot size, so once you have bloated the pot on the flop you often have to commit all your chips or fold.

E.g. You advise betting £100 on the flop. If you receive a caller, you have a £320 pot and you have £270 behind. How do you now "slow down" here as you suggest? Let's say you check- you have to either fold or push all-in to any bet.

Also, the reason checking the turn gives you better info at a cheaper price (in the original situation) is because a hand like TT/JJ (your example) will rarely try and pick the pot up if it's not Heads Up. It will often be checked through allowing you to make a value river bet. Whereas if there's a bet and a call/raise (on that board) then it's an easy fold- and you've saved yourself a turn bet. You are failing to recognise the siignificant difference between having just one caller and having more than one caller to your flop bet.

(6-handed and below is short-handed. 7-handed and up, you can play similar to 8/9-handed.)

i didnt say not 2 check turn. i play it, bet flop 90-100, check turn and maybe check push rievr or push river. the runner runner flush wouldnt scare me 1ce i bet flop properly, i pay set. and 7 handed after 2 ppl have folded (i presume that utg and utg1 did) doesnt represent a full ring game play. i dont have a problem with slowing down when i have 270 left, the pot was built multiway pf, so not like you have invested 50% of it. if i am called on flop then the guy tries bets turn aggressivly i am inclined to fold, there is not much you beat to that play
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2007, 04:12:52 PM »

Thought id let yall know iv played some more live cash recently. I just remembered there are 2 ways to win a hand Smiley
Jamier-Host

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2007, 01:17:57 PM »

ty, cheers for input m8. I wont turn into a twat, i promise.

Turn into one?

Smiley

Side Project - making games for Amazon Alexa devices

pressthe8.com
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: