blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 09:46:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272574 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  A suitable range
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A suitable range  (Read 2229 times)
UpTheMariners

We Only Sing When We're Fishing

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2007, 12:01:24 PM »

surely you would want your money in 60-40 at least (rather than at best), therefore you cant call with a hand like k7. my range is 88/aj+

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2007, 12:24:09 PM »

The guy who keeps pushing all in blind is seated immediatly to your right..so every unopened pot he will push, this leaves you with no opportinuty to do the raising to nick the blinds in the first place.
You don't have a lot of chips left, admittedly 3 rounds before you start to get in trouble so you could wait for a decent hand for a while, if the guy pushes in late position and I find myself on the button or BB/SB and think the other two will fold I'll take that 60-40 shot any day of the week.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
BigTomatoes

play your part

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2007, 05:51:49 PM »

I can't believe how tight you guys all are here.

I start calling with a decent King..hell even King7 or King8 (preferably suited but if not than not) will do. What do you guys think Serial pusher has? Any King with a 7+ kicker is likely to be ahead more often than it's not and therefore uyou simply have to call and try to get yourself some chips. This is not the time to freeze-up, let the guys know that when they're autopushing they will be called by you. If you do that the first time and win they will think twice before doing it again..especially on your BB.

so you call with K7 and he has K9 ?? you call with K 10 he has A2 ?? the point here is to wait for a solid enough hand where you are fairly confident you are ahead , and even if you are not , you have a hand which is worthy of the call , tbh a King with no kicker doesn't do it for me . wait for a better spot than K high.

is it cold in his shadow ?
Tragic

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2007, 03:08:46 PM »

There is significantly more to be made if you DO happen to win a K8 call though. Sometimes you are out yep life goes on but the message of - I called you with K8, get the hell off my blind and nobody bluff me i'm a bloody nutter will help you go on to win the tournament alot of the time.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2007, 03:45:01 PM »

There is significantly more to be made if you DO happen to win a K8 call though. Sometimes you are out yep life goes on but the message of - I called you with K8, get the hell off my blind and nobody bluff me i'm a bloody nutter will help you go on to win the tournament alot of the time.

that waz indeed my point Smiley your table image from that stage onwards means noone will dare mess with you again without a premium holding.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Tragic

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2007, 03:47:41 PM »

that waz indeed my point Smiley your table image from that stage onwards means noone will dare mess with you again without a premium holding.

Yeah sorry I was just reiterating your wisdom to help enlighten the masses Tongue.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2007, 03:50:34 PM »

Yeah sorry I was just reiterating your wisdom to help enlighten the masses Tongue.

lol..thanks mate...I'm just happy someone doesn't think I'm an idiot for calling with K8 Smiley

AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2007, 04:11:28 PM »

Depends how crapshooty its become, but i like to combine fold equity with a decent holding when i play big pots.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: