blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 06:21:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Couple of tricky decisions.....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Couple of tricky decisions.....  (Read 786 times)
maldini32

View Profile
« on: August 01, 2007, 12:29:44 AM »

Just to set the scene...

£10 live rebuy sat to gbt leeds, after the rebuy stage so were in to the freezeout. Ok here goes...

FIRST HAND

Ive got a stack of 12k blinds are 200/400 im in the sb wit    2 limpers i complete and bb checks...flop comes down  Two Clubs i bet out 1200 one limper calls (hes got a stack of 20k, good player) everyone else passes turn comes  i bet out 1600..(looking back i maybe should have bet more) he raises me 4k more.....wot do u do?Huh?
SECOND HAND

Stack of 9k blinds 300/600 i raise in cut off wit  to 1800 button calls (stack of 8k, tricky player), blinds pass. Flop comes down  i bet out 2500 he flat calls turn comes  (wot do u do?)  river comes  (wot do u do?)

If ive missed owt ask and ill stick it on.

MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 07:28:02 PM »

Ok

First Hand

The limper who called your 1200 bet on the flop has either got you well and truly beat e.g. flopped flush or set (less likely) or he has a big club and you have the best hand. When he re-raises on the turn I am more inclined to think the latter is true. If he calls with position on the flop holding a flush he would do the same on the turn....that's the context in which he is playing the hand. To suddenly change tack and re-raise makes me wonder what hand would be worthy of such play....

...something like    or    would certainly fit the bill. Anyway, very important that you don't consider calling this bet.....move all-in as standard and ask your opponent to chase you down with the worst of it, this is all you can do.

Second Hand

There's not a hand in the world that called the flop bet you can beat here. I think you should have surrendered the pot on the flop and retreated from the hand ruing the fact that your steal attempt didn't get through...but with enough chips behind to execute a healthy pre-flop push with another hand. Every possible draw has completed by the river and your opponent is pretty much pot-committed. I don't know how you could get him to fold and don't know how you can win. I think check-folding the flop is weak, but so is your hand and your chip situation and so is probably a fitting play.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
maldini32

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2007, 12:21:25 AM »

first hand i passed....

2nd hand it went check check till the river and he showed  .
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: