blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 11, 2024, 10:07:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272982 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  ANYBODY UP FOR A LIVE BLONDE TOURNY?
Poll
Question: what comp would you prefer
£10 re buy - 0 (0%)
£20 re buy - 4 (4.2%)
£50 re buy - 2 (2.1%)
£50 freezeout - 29 (30.5%)
£100 freezeout - 37 (38.9%)
something larger - 3 (3.2%)
£30 freezeout - 20 (21.1%)
Total Voters: 94

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ANYBODY UP FOR A LIVE BLONDE TOURNY?  (Read 26082 times)
phil_and

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: October 18, 2005, 01:31:12 PM »

I would not bother for a £0 buy-in.  Part of the thrill of a tourney for me is that it involves risking something to win something. Guess thats the "gamble" in me  thumbs up

Would prefer £50-£100 freezout but would play for £30 as well. 

Why not make it a £25 event with one rebuy?  Seems to be the middle ground to me....

Phil.

Pokerron

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 18, 2005, 01:34:14 PM »

Adam, if you had invested the energy spent on this thread on marketing your shirts, or playing low limit tourneys online you'd have the extra bloody 50 sheets by now!!!

The Thread Killer
dan

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 18, 2005, 01:37:31 PM »

from what i can remember £30 fo wasnt an option at 1st and everybody who said they didnt want to play £100 said they would rather play for £50. then a £30 fo was added to the vote which i thought was slightly silly because if you were going to vote for £100 you would still vote that but if you were going to vote for £50 you might go for £30 instead.

what i am trying to say is that if the £30 option wasnt there i think the £50 option would be ahead in the voting and there wouldnt be an arguement as that is what seems to be a happy medium
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 18, 2005, 01:45:59 PM »

Adam, if you had invested the energy spent on this thread on marketing your shirts, or playing low limit tourneys online you'd have the extra bloody 50 sheets by now!!!

welcome to blonde. don't know if your post was meant to sound as aggressive as it did

I may well personally be able to afford £100, it's more the principle that the tourney should be accessable for as many members as possible, and I don't think £100 dies that
Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #169 on: October 18, 2005, 01:49:18 PM »

Welcome Pokerron to the Blonde Forum.

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 18, 2005, 01:54:00 PM »

it's more the principle that the tourney should be accessable for as many members as possible

So we agree on £0?

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
dan

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 18, 2005, 01:58:41 PM »

flushy are you serious about £0?

if so, do you think it would make for a good tournament, you would take risks you wouldnt, normally play hands you wouldnt normally (although im not sure this is a good example to use on you Cheesy) people will be glad to get out so they can play side games
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 18, 2005, 02:05:04 PM »

no Dan, I think for some reason he's trying to wind me up.
Phil

AKA mrcoffee182

View Profile WWW
« Reply #173 on: October 18, 2005, 02:05:56 PM »

This thread is starting to get ridicolous.

Royalflush - you know exactly the point Adam is making, and you're taking it to a stupid level. We are all poker players, we all want to play for a little money, even if it's a sweetener, but we haven't all got the bankrolls that allow us to play for £100.

Somone else said that even if we played for a fiver it would help keep the mind focused, that is exactly the reason we need a buy-in just so it's actually a contest not so its "worth playing for".

So far no-one has objected to £30, so that seems low enough to me. £0 would also be fine, but everyone is willing and able to stump up £30, we may as well go for that.

1st. West Ham. 2nd Poker
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 18, 2005, 02:06:27 PM »

Im definitley interested in this event and would probably play even if it was a 100 freeze. I have to say to be fair to all that we should aim for a lower buy in including myself. I understand the point being made by the camel et al, that he wants the prize to be significant enough to mean something to him. Yet if we want to play for more money i think side action can easily be put on to accomodate the higher bankrolls. I think the point is that this is meant to be a BLONDE tournament and therefore should be made to accomodate the greater majority. I think alienating the smaller bankrolls would be totally against the spriit of blonde. Come on guys lets comprimise and have a good weekend.
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 18, 2005, 02:06:51 PM »

Well I'd certainly want to go & play in this (even if it is all the way down in Birmingham) - mainly to put faces to names.

£100 on top of travel/accomodation & the pain of sharing a car with Dave & Teacake Wink is a bit much... I think a £50 Double Chance is fair for the 'main event' & various levels of SNG's & cash games will allow the bigger money players to get some value as well.

Tikay, I'd love to see a Blonde Festival in Cincins - but would be happy to take a trip to Birmingham for one as well - to meet more blondeites if nothing else.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #176 on: October 18, 2005, 02:10:35 PM »

Im definitley interested in this event and would probably play even if it was a 100 freeze. I have to say to be fair to all that we should aim for a lower buy in including myself. I understand the point being made by the camel et al, that he wants the prize to be significant enough to mean something to him. Yet if we want to play for more money i think side action can easily be put on to accomodate the higher bankrolls. I think the point is that this is meant to be a BLONDE tournament and therefore should be made to accomodate the greater majority. I think alienating the smaller bankrolls would be totally against the spriit of blonde. Come on guys lets comprimise and have a good weekend.

The older I get, the better I was.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 18, 2005, 02:16:02 PM »

By no means am i trying to wind anyone up. I dont think i am taking anything to a stupid level. Here is an example

Last 4 players Camel, El Blondie, Tikay and small stakes blonde player. If the payout was say 1200-700-500-300 the blonde player would probably figure these guys will kill each other and he might sneak 2nd/3rd.

Now if the buyin was £0 with a small freeroll prize and its the same 4 players, then the small stake player can now 'show his/her game' and have no money pressure. Thus a better chance of winning.

This is my point, if its a blonde tournament then i think it should be played in the spirit of blonde.

Dan the point you make about "taking stupid risks" well do you think that all the £100+ players wont take those in a £30 comp? I think that £0 will provide the "fairest" game and give us the true blonde champion!

Phil

AKA mrcoffee182

View Profile WWW
« Reply #178 on: October 18, 2005, 02:17:37 PM »

Tikay in the final 4? Now I know this is a wind up.  Afro

1st. West Ham. 2nd Poker
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 18, 2005, 02:18:16 PM »

I said Tikay because i thought that would set up Ironside for a joke but you nicked it!!

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: