blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 04:04:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Hand of the Week: 6th August
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hand of the Week: 6th August  (Read 3593 times)
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2007, 06:19:35 PM »

hi all,

this is how the story ended.

I just called on the river, and BB showed 45 for the straight and UTG had JJ, so I scooped the pot... at the time I didn't really consider raising, but given the way UTG has played the hand, I really think he has me beat very rarely, so its not like i should be *too* scared of him, and SB is of course a pretty bad player, so the more I thought about it the more feasible a raise could be, but the fact that SB was betting into two players rather then one swayed it to a call.

As for flop play, I think raising here is the best line to take as a "standard" line, if for no other reason then balance, and to stop yourself playing a style dependant on your hole cards, which leads to exploitability (ie, raising spots like this with big hands and bluffs but just call with marginal hands/draws) but as long as you aren't doing that, then calling here some of the time is okay.

thanks for all the comments  thumbs up

Yes, but you're assuming bad players can't make good hands.
totalise

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2007, 06:50:30 PM »

its not so much a case of not thinking they can make hands, its more a case of "they wont only call if I'm beat", so that opens up avenues for raises where you might not normally make one, but given that he bet into 2 players, it made it much more likely that he had a very strong hand then if it was into just the 1. I still think calling is the right play, but fancy play syndrome often lets you try and figure out value spots where theres limited value lol
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: