blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:34:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272625 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  We live in a democracy.............
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: We live in a democracy.............  (Read 5767 times)
matt674

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2007, 11:56:46 AM »

Reading would be a bit of a strong word to use - browsing and looking at the pictures maybe Smiley Oh and laughing at the sad people who write in to "Dear Deidre" who make me look normal!!

Anyway where else could i get my weekly update of the whereabouts of Madeleine McCann's parents?

sponsored by Fyffes
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2007, 12:02:42 PM »

Probably in the Daily Mail as well I'd expect.
Reading would be a bit of a strong word to use - browsing and looking at the pictures maybe Smiley Oh and laughing at the sad people who write in to "Dear Deidre" who make me look normal!!

Anyway where else could i get my weekly update of the whereabouts of Madeleine McCann's parents?

Probably in the Daily Mail as well, I'd expect.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
fearisthekey

PL: 51S1NT 4R51MS

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2007, 12:09:31 PM »

Probably in the Daily Mail as well I'd expect.

Probably in the Daily Mail as well, I'd expect.
Mail doesn't have 'Turtle photos' sadly Sad Sad
They did have some nice picture stories about the house price boom (a miner who used his redundancy cheque to buy a house for £23 in 1985 has just sold it for £2.2 Million! He will use the proceeds to help the Mail in its 'Name and shame your local paediatricians' campaign.

W85N 494 T85 4R51M 253OM5 1 N978TM1R5

4ON0TW1K589MUP

CHEYNE STOKING

ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2007, 01:03:21 PM »

Reading a paper means nothing about intelligence, the sun has it's market as does the mail, the difference being that mail readers actually believe they are superior to sun readers.
Which i think makes them more stupid than they think.
I don't buy papers anymore but i read the first available in the cafe, it could be any one of the mail, star, sun or the daily sport.
It matters little to me as they all have the same stories, except the sport has better pictures Cheesy
Oh and the sun has the best (and most accurate) sport coverage.
Funny cuz when Blues were looking for a new manager i used to check the sport because i thought as the blues owners own that paper they would be the most accurate, as it happens the sun were correct not the sport.

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
mjrevie

Hulkamania is alive and kicking!!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2007, 01:09:59 PM »

The s*n has nothing to do with being working class.  You can be working class and intelligent; or you can working class and a s*n reader.

Can you be intelligent and a sun reader?
fearisthekey

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2007, 01:44:41 PM »

The s*n has nothing to do with being working class.  You can be working class and intelligent; or you can working class and a s*n reader.

That depends. As ifm points out, many S*n readers are not limited to that particular news vehicle, but also extend their educational reach by delving into a varied range of sources, such as "the mail, star, or the daily sport."

Horses for courses, I suppose, it depends on what particular segment of world media coverage a particular reader finds most interesting. For example, for S*n readers, it's probably tits and ass, whereas for 'Daily Sport' readers, it's tits and ass and football.

4ON0TW1K589MUP

CHEYNE STOKING

ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2007, 01:56:28 PM »

That depends. As ifm points out, many S*n readers are not limited to that particular news vehicle, but also extend their educational reach by delving into a varied range of sources, such as "the mail, star, or the daily sport."

Horses for courses, I suppose, it depends on what particular segment of world media coverage a particular reader finds most interesting. For example, for S*n readers, it's probably tits and ass, whereas for 'Daily Sport' readers, it's tits and ass and football.

That is all the range in the cafe i'm afraid, i also read a book per week.
What genre makes me less intelligent than you?

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
spruce goose

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2007, 02:05:19 PM »

If, in the unfortunate event that you were wrongly prosecuted for a serious crime and brought before a jury, it is the same ones who would be deciding the small matter of your liberty.

ive served on a jury and found the cross section of people with whom i shared the responsiblity to be a shining example of the unequaled fairness this country has a right to be proud of.
fearisthekey

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2007, 02:06:43 PM »

That is all the range in the cafe i'm afraid, i also read a book per week.
What genre makes me less intelligent than you?
Ladies romantic fiction.

I've read all the Mills & Boon.

4ON0TW1K589MUP

CHEYNE STOKING

fearisthekey

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2007, 02:09:53 PM »

If, in the unfortunate event that you were wrongly prosecuted for a serious crime and brought before a jury, it is the same ones who would be deciding the small matter of your liberty.

ive served on a jury and found the cross section of people with whom i shared the responsiblity to be a shining example of the unequaled fairness this country has a right to be proud of.
Maybe 'thick' was outwith the lawyers game plan on that particular day.
Is your avatar Rene Magritte?

4ON0TW1K589MUP

CHEYNE STOKING

Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2007, 02:11:45 PM »

Depends on what you look at the Sun for, if it is to pass the 20mins on the bus to work, look at some pointless reports and some tits thats fine. If you wanted to learn about whats happening in the world then you are nothing short of disillusion. I see nothing wrong with reading the Sun as long as you know what to make of the bullshit in it.

Funny how some people look down on this form of entertainment, because I can make an equal case for not reading most of the newspapers available in today's market.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2007, 03:45:17 PM »

Depends on what you look at the Sun for, if it is to pass the 20mins on the bus to work, look at some pointless reports and some tits thats fine. If you wanted to learn about whats happening in the world then you are nothing short of disillusion. I see nothing wrong with reading the Sun as long as you know what to make of the bullshit in it.

Funny how some people look down on this form of entertainment, because I can make an equal case for not reading most of the newspapers available in today's market.

Dare I say that you're in a minority of s*n readers?  Of course, not all readers of this 'newspaper' are lacking in intelligence. 

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2007, 03:57:53 PM »

One of the best aspects of the English Legal system. Sadly under attack by successive governments.

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2007, 05:07:25 PM »

Dare I say that you're in a minority of s*n readers?  Of course, not all readers of this 'newspaper' are lacking in intelligence. 

I don't read the sun btw just making a point.
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2007, 05:10:35 PM »

I don't read the sun btw just making a point.

you lie!! you obviously love it.

its also clear to everyone that you play on their bingo site and dance around to the sun bingo advert in your underwear when it comes on the telly
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: