blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:09:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272586 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Blackpool Festival Side action
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blackpool Festival Side action  (Read 10900 times)
ariston

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2005, 06:50:20 AM »

I mention padooki in a post and the senior member of the lacey boy team goes into palpatations. My defence of padooki (even though I hate it): Padooki is a variant of triple draw lowaball. Is triple draw lowball poker- well there is a WSOP event for it so that will do for me. Simple enough for you Tikay?
Rules for shifting sands. Each player starts with 5 cards (2 to be discarded)-round of betting and discards. Each player then turns a card. The game is then hilo 7 card stud but you recieve each card face down and choose which one to turn up. At the end of the game the highest card in your hand is wild for your low hand and the lowest card is wild for your high hand (aces are neutral- cannot be wild). A hand of 333QQT (5 queens after 6th street) becomes only 4 if you hit a 2 on 7th street. Draw shifting sands is now being played as well.
ariston

ariston

better lucky than good
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2005, 10:01:00 AM »

I "sit out" when they play Padooki Ralph, it's the colluders heaven. Besides, I only play Poker related games......

And they don'y play Lowball.

Could you please explain why padooki is "colluder's heaven" ?

I would consider it one of the least likely candidates for collusion.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Yogi-Bear

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2005, 02:01:13 PM »

Before we all go off at an extreme tangent. Whoops too late you already have. There will not, and for people who might miss the word, NOT be any Shifting sands, or Padooki played on the dealers choice tables at the festival. If half the players dont know what is going on then how r the dealers meant to know.

There will be PLH, PLO, O/T high only and dealers choice. Any other suggestions will be listened to. Sit downs will range from 50-500, Antes from 1-5 dependent upon the sit down.

Hope that clears up any questions that Ariston in his eagerness to help out has caused you all to ask.

Yogi.

P.S. Btw. Tikay do we get a camera crew too? Shall i cut my hair and be presentable?

P.P.S. My heel whilst not mended properly, no longer causes me to not be at my station. I will be back from Friday. I know that will please some of ya but not others.

Splash

WonkyJim / Donkeyjim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2005, 02:21:25 PM »

Bugger!  I'd just been down Waterstone and picked up a copy of Padooki Super System as well! 

Angry

Thanks for the info cu there.

".....and Buckley ponders how to play Aces to lose the maximum."
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2005, 06:43:49 PM »

Well I was kinda hoping the pendalum may swing in the direction of Omaha, but, tourney wise, that seems to be going down the pan now. I would play Omaha tourneys in preference to Hold 'Em any day of the week, but, thankfully, we are all different. But maybe it's the Rebuy format that's the problem, as the Frezeouts still seem to get the numbers.

The total entants at the Luton Spring Festival this year were 30% up on last year, when I believe they included 7 card stud. This year's Festival was 100% Hold 'Em, sadly, but it seems to be what the punters want. And, tellingly, the rebuys were poorly attended (85, 74, 64), whereas the Freezeouts attracted almost capacity numbers on the whole.

Fascinating, the way fashions change, eh?

if omaha was offered at a reasonable price in a freezeout or DC freezeout format it would be the game i would prefer to play
but i cant compete with pro players and sponsored players with deep pockets in a 500 or 1k rebuy event
the 100 event at blackpool is more reasonable but it realy depends on how wild the players are going to play during
the rebuy period and being unwilling to spend 7 or 8 rebuys could put me at a disavantage when playing
against some deep pockets players

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2005, 07:33:46 PM »

But where do you stand on padooki Ironside ?

Not like you to duck an issue !

Wink Cheesy Wink

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2005, 07:36:01 PM »

But where do you stand on padooki Ironside ?

Not like you to duck an issue !

Wink Cheesy Wink

never played it dont know the rules can't comment

i like a bit of razz though pity it wasnt played pot limit

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2005, 10:32:55 PM »

Yogi,

Will the Poker 425 Crew be at Blackpool? Watch this space (& fingers crossed)......

Best bib & tucker, eh?

I will respond to the Padooki Debate - which I appear to be losing about 9-0 - later......but I am delighted you will NOT be spreading it at the Festival.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2005, 12:27:37 AM »

Is padooki like kalooki?
Ian

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
BlueWolf
Humble Overlord & Master Of All

Kill Me Now

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2005, 03:32:54 AM »

ewwww Padooki, its not even a variation of poker so why would anyone play it at a poke rtable anyway?

If the 425 crew are comin Tikay i better scrub up dont wanna be seen in that clowns outfit of a uniform lmao

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2005, 03:43:17 AM »

"Padooki is not even a variation of poker". Well I tried that line Blue Wolf, & I got shot to pieces!

The 425 crew at Blackpool? An application has been made, it's up to now.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2005, 08:12:26 AM »

http://www.cardplayer.com/poker_magazine/archives/showarticle.php?a_id=14644

Padooki (mispelt as badougi) is spreading it seems. Anyway what about Picture Padooki, surely the cadillac of poker  Shocked

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
JonShoreman

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2005, 12:23:05 PM »

Padooki is not a variant poker game. It is a card game similar to poker, in the same way that 3 Card Brag is similar to poker.
The reason Padooki is not a variant of poker is simple. In poker you make your best FIVE card hand. In Padooki you make your best FOUR card hand.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2005, 12:44:07 PM »

Wow, I'm confused now. My original notion was "what has padooki got to do with poker?" & I got cut to pieces by Karabiner, & exited swiftly, tail between legs.

So the actual answer is, "it's simiilar to poker"...

I will settle for THAT!

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2005, 04:18:27 PM »

Yogi......90% certain that Poker425 will be at Blackpool for the main event. We are awaitng the ok from the Grosvener.....but don''t go to the same barbers as Tikay whatever you do.  Wink

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: