blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:29:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  A question about bet sizes (technically not a BB)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A question about bet sizes (technically not a BB)  (Read 1250 times)
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« on: August 22, 2007, 01:42:05 AM »

I use this hand as an example, ok i think he played it badly but my question relates to bet size.
I am in the blind and flop 2 pairs, there is an ace on the flop and i put him on that ace but a bad kicker.
Basically i know i'm ahead and am trying to milk him, is this the way to do it or should i have given him longer odds??

Seat 1: WiLDmAn75 (7425 in chips)
Seat 2: pulse time (14855 in chips)
Seat 3: Mr_eMz (3790 in chips)
Seat 4: SpeckBasu (4825 in chips)
Seat 5: lvasianpower (4550 in chips)
Seat 6: texasdali (4800 in chips)
Seat 7: Raymen82 (11355 in chips)
Seat 8: arniejokin (7340 in chips)
Seat 9: ifmcf (5460 in chips)
arniejokin: posts small blind 75
ifmcf: posts big blind 150
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to ifmcf [two spades ]
WiLDmAn75: folds
pulse time: calls 150
Mr_eMz: folds
SpeckBasu: folds
lvasianpower: folds
texasdali: folds
Raymen82: folds
arniejokin: calls 75
ifmcf: checks
*** FLOP *** [Two Diamonds ]
arniejokin: checks
ifmcf: bets 300
pulse time: calls 300
arniejokin: folds
*** TURN *** [Two Diamonds ] []
ifmcf: bets 750
pulse time: calls 750
*** RIVER *** [Two Diamonds ] []
ifmcf: bets 1650
pulse time: raises 1650 to 3300
ifmcf: raises 960 to 4260 and is all-in
pulse time: calls 960
*** SHOW DOWN ***
ifmcf: shows [two spades ] (two pair, Sixes and Deuces)
pulse time: shows [ ] (three of a kind, Nines)
pulse time collected 11070 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 11070 | Rake 0
Board [Two Diamonds ]
Seat 1: WiLDmAn75 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: pulse time showed [ ] and won (11070) with three of a kind, Nines
Seat 3: Mr_eMz folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: SpeckBasu folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: lvasianpower folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: texasdali folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: Raymen82 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: arniejokin (small blind) folded on the Flop
Seat 9: ifmcf (big blind) showed [two spades ] and lost with two pair, Sixes and Deuces

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
M3boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 01:46:04 AM »

I like the play, yours that is.

From his calling, I dont think you get him to fold to ANY bet, you have fired out on the flop AND the turn, he has called (even with an ace on the board and now a possible str8)

Just unlucky.
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 11:00:07 AM »

50p, less of this please.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 11:53:06 AM »

With the bottom two pair, you're always susceptible to the board pairing, or him pairing his kicker, etc.  Against one player you don't have to be as concerned as in a multi-way pot, but your bets were pretty much spot on - as you're making him make a mistake with the Ax (or 99 in this case) when he calls.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
ifm

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2007, 02:51:32 PM »

With the bottom two pair, you're always susceptible to the board pairing, or him pairing his kicker, etc.  Against one player you don't have to be as concerned as in a multi-way pot, but your bets were pretty much spot on - as you're making him make a mistake with the Ax (or 99 in this case) when he calls.

TBH i'm not bothered about him pairing his ace (i never thought for a second he had anything else), i'm the type of player that doesn't want to bet people out of pots or protect hands, i always try to get the maximum. If it means i lose the hand then so be it, next time i may not.
I was concerned that i had made it too cheap for him considering his stack size etc.

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
ifm

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2007, 02:53:50 PM »

Please try to keep up, it isn't a bad beat as i was behind when the most money went in.
I very rarely (if at all) post hands in here because of the attitudes of some people.

Of course not.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2007, 03:05:38 PM »

Please try to keep up, it isn't a bad beat as i was behind when the most money went in.
I very rarely (if at all) post hands in here because of the attitudes of some people.

Can I just put Alex Martin's Post "50p, less of this please" which in turn led to ifm's comment, in it's proper context please. It's not what it seems.

Ovenight, once again, we had a serial Poster "attack" the PHA board, Posting identical daft & senseless Posts on about 20 threads. We removed them all this morning, after complaints from many Members. I believe Alex Martin was commenting on that act of vandalism, (at least, I hope he was!) and not ifm's Thread.

It's amazing what some folks wll do to try & destroy what is becoming a useful & informative Board for Hand Analysis, but we are determined to make the PHA somewhere where Members can Post without fear or ridicule & stupid rejoinders. Hopefully, in the fullness of time, the vandals will attain puberty, & maybe even grow up a little. We shall continue to Delete stupid & destructive Posts in the interim.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
matt674

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2007, 04:43:51 PM »

We shall continue to Delete stupid posts in the interim.

oh bo*@%$ks...............

there go at least three quarters of my 6500+ posts Sad

sponsored by Fyffes
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2007, 04:52:44 PM »

We shall continue to Delete stupid posts in the interim.

oh bo*@%$ks...............

there go at least three quarters of my 6500+ posts Sad

That's not true.  Only half of them. 

All of mine, but only half of yours Grin

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
matt674

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2007, 04:59:36 PM »

true - but then how do you expect anyone to take you seriously with that avatar? 

sponsored by Fyffes
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2007, 05:08:09 PM »

true - but then how do you expect anyone to take you seriously with that avatar? 

Says a fella who thinks he's a monkey...

AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2007, 05:32:40 PM »

Can I just put Alex Martin's Post "50p, less of this please" which in turn led to ifm's comment, in it's proper context please. It's not what it seems.

Ovenight, once again, we had a serial Poster "attack" the PHA board, Posting identical daft & senseless Posts on about 20 threads. We removed them all this morning, after complaints from many Members. I believe Alex Martin was commenting on that act of vandalism, (at least, I hope he was!) and not ifm's Thread.

It's amazing what some folks wll do to try & destroy what is becoming a useful & informative Board for Hand Analysis, but we are determined to make the PHA somewhere where Members can Post without fear or ridicule & stupid rejoinders. Hopefully, in the fullness of time, the vandals will attain puberty, & maybe even grow up a little. We shall continue to Delete stupid & destructive Posts in the interim.

Nope, ill be honest, i think this is an "effective" bad beat as how can he justify calling with 99 with 1 card to come getting 6-1 impied odds. Sorry if you think im being rude ifm but really m8 this is a bad beat and should be resigned to the depths of your memory. Didnt mean to piss you off and wasnt trying to be rude but you did everything right and he caught perfect. You know this.

Tikay, cheers for giving me the option of a get out clause but i really was just being purile and unsympathetic. eek.
ifm

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2007, 05:49:01 PM »

Didnt mean to piss you off and wasnt trying to be rude but you did everything right and he caught perfect. You know this.

Nope, i asked because i was unsure.
As to him hitting it is irrelevant to what i was asking (see title & opening post).
I almost cut the river off the HH.

Tikay, cheers for giving me the option of a get out clause but i really was just being purile and unsympathetic. eek.

Then the mods will send you to the BB house Cheesy

Of course not.
totalise

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2007, 06:09:09 PM »

I hate it when they just call down and then min-raise the river, always seems like your hand is no good at this stage! ive folded spots like this in cash games before.. is there any merit in just calling the re-raise in case they did donk out? your only losing value on the last 960,  and if they did suck out at least you still got a chip and a chair.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2007, 07:17:51 PM »

Nope, ill be honest, i think this is an "effective" bad beat as how can he justify calling with 99 with 1 card to come getting 6-1 impied odds. Sorry if you think im being rude ifm but really m8 this is a bad beat and should be resigned to the depths of your memory. Didnt mean to piss you off and wasnt trying to be rude but you did everything right and he caught perfect. You know this.

Well fair play for being honest, & your punishment will be reduced to three train stories. You were looking at a ten train story stretch normally.

As for my comment on the vandals who seem intent on ruining this PHA Board, my message remains as was.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: