blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:40:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  A half-Wilson Dilemma.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A half-Wilson Dilemma.  (Read 1914 times)
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2007, 04:24:15 PM »

To be honest, I'd say A-9 was a more feasible option than 9-9.

I'd raise the flop and consider calling (and praying) on the Turn, although a lot of players do just shovel it in with the made hand too.

Good call though.

Not if he puts you on a set/two pair etc..

I don't know the answer to this as I don't play online multis, but do many players who believe their opponent has a set or two pair push hoping they'll fold?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 11:48:40 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2007, 07:12:30 PM »

Probably a call you have to make going so deep with this hand considering you aren't behind to a whole bunch of hands...ballsy though.

However, a note about your general strategy here NoFlops. It looks like we have a flat-call UTG..then a raise..and you calling the raise with 4-7..lots of active players behind and of course the UTG limper. If you went on to loose this hand it would be a pretty sorry way to bow out of the comp so early. More often than not though you are going to get re-popped pre-flop, probably from UTG man, and have to fold. This is a sure-fire way to leak chips and become uncompetitive right from the get-go. If you do get to see the flop many an awkward decision awaits with this hand.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Tragic

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2007, 12:15:18 AM »

At this stage of a tournament a reraise pre is only coming from someone with an absolute monster; it's actually fairly rare to UTG limp a massive hand at this stage of the competition anyway it doesn't serve a whole lot of purpose as you advertise your hand with a reraise and still don't win that many chips. These are the stages of a tournament you want to get involved, see flops, and use your superior skill to outplay opponents and accumulate chips. Why wait for big hands or high blinds and put even more focus on your cards?
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2007, 02:50:57 AM »

I appreciate the point you make Tragic but if your starting requirements are this low when calling raises what criteria do you use to actually fold a hand? The comment..." you want to get involved, see flops, and use your superior skill to outplay opponents and accumulate chips" would apply to every and any hand....and all the skill in the world isn't going to stop you check-folding a hell of a lot post-flop. In this example Homer has run into a donk but a better player is showing the 9 here every day of the week....this is not called the idiot end of the straight for nothing.

Homer has no information about his opponents as yet and so to make general assumptions about what UTG man plays like , or what any of the other players are capable of, is a bit hit and hope really. The skill factor is more relevant when we know more and I think this is a better strategy than rushing in blind just to get involved. You will loose more chips than you win playing 7-4...I guarantee it.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: