blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:48:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272596 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Not a made hand!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Not a made hand!  (Read 1599 times)
action man

View Profile WWW
« on: August 26, 2007, 03:29:34 AM »

22 left in the $162 nightly on stars already in money, i got 19k at 800/1600, and raise the button to 4200 with KQd  bb calls, flop comes Two Clubs

ive flopped a monster draw but in reality its only King high so when the guy leads into me (the pf raiser for 5k) and i got 15k left i decide to fold knowing that he will call me and that my edge is so big i can sit out for 3 rounds and use my chatbox skills to tilt off the rest of the table so much that they all chuck their laptops out of the window and effectively disconnect. Happy days i can just steal thier blinds and laugh at their tilt management skills. My question is does anyone push in this spot even with my edge?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 03:31:24 AM by action man » Logged
Wardonkey
No ordinary donkey!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2007, 05:04:15 AM »

With 10 BBs the oppo would have to be in a coma.

EEEEEEEEEE-AAAAAAAAWWWWW
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2007, 05:35:54 AM »

22 left in the $162 nightly on stars already in money, i got 19k at 800/1600, and raise the button to 4200 with KQd  bb calls, flop comes Two Clubs

ive flopped a monster draw but in reality its only King high so when the guy leads into me (the pf raiser for 5k) and i got 15k left i decide to fold knowing that he will call me and that my edge is so big i can sit out for 3 rounds and use my chatbox skills to tilt off the rest of the table so much that they all chuck their laptops out of the window and effectively disconnect. Happy days i can just steal thier blinds and laugh at their tilt management skills. My question is does anyone push in this spot even with my edge?

Well you are passing up a fair bit of equity here but obviously if you can successfully get most of your opponents to throw their laptops out of the window by employing your renowned tilt-donk strategy then you can indeed find a "better spot" by raping their blinds continuously or by actually flopping a straight flush(preferably a royal) next time.

However the problem seems to be this...

Let's say you are 87% successful in tilting your opponents within one round. 8/9 will be tilting(assuming a 9 handed table).

I would say that probably only 75% (or 6 of the tilting Cool will respond to the tilt by launching their laptops at the window. As 63% of poker players spend much of their time sitting on their butt eating take aways, drinking carlsberg and smoking 50 fags a day, your average opponent will not be blessed with superbly honed and coordinated motor skills. As a result I expect 63% (OR roughly 4 of the 6) to miss the window....

These 4 should then be able to pick their laptops up out of the pile of foil takeaway cartons, ashtrays and beer cans, clean the remains of chicken korma and fag ash off their machines and be back at the table defending their blinds within one round.

So in actual fact you will only average 2 (6-4=2) perma disconnects per tournament in this position. This is probably not enough to offset the chips you are giving up, so i think despite your edge you should bite the bullet, throw up (possibly a lamb jalfrezi) and call with your weak-ass 21 card draw, getting 4-1.

Hope this helps

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2007, 05:51:08 AM »

different gravy mate
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2007, 09:38:26 AM »

Well you are passing up a fair bit of equity here but obviously if you can successfully get most of your opponents to throw their laptops out of the window by employing your renowned tilt-donk strategy then you can indeed find a "better spot" by raping their blinds continuously or by actually flopping a straight flush(preferably a royal) next time.

However the problem seems to be this...

Let's say you are 87% successful in tilting your opponents within one round. 8/9 will be tilting(assuming a 9 handed table).

I would say that probably only 75% (or 6 of the tilting Cool will respond to the tilt by launching their laptops at the window. As 63% of poker players spend much of their time sitting on their butt eating take aways, drinking carlsberg and smoking 50 fags a day, your average opponent will not be blessed with superbly honed and coordinated motor skills. As a result I expect 63% (OR roughly 4 of the 6) to miss the window....

These 4 should then be able to pick their laptops up out of the pile of foil takeaway cartons, ashtrays and beer cans, clean the remains of chicken korma and fag ash off their machines and be back at the table defending their blinds within one round.

So in actual fact you will only average 2 (6-4=2) perma disconnects per tournament in this position. This is probably not enough to offset the chips you are giving up, so i think despite your edge you should bite the bullet, throw up (possibly a lamb jalfrezi) and call with your weak-ass 21 card draw, getting 4-1.

Hope this helps

different class post and exactly what I'm thinking. folding in this spot is simply disgraceful no matter how big an edge you "think" you have...especially "chatbox" skills when everyone can click the "no chat for this twat" button.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2007, 10:26:32 AM »

You do realise that every one of Stars programmers has been called in to work on Sunday morning to explain why an action flop didn't produce the required action?
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2007, 10:32:18 AM »

The reason you have a skill edge is by making correct decision in situations like this, right. You have to shove this you have the right amount of equity if you are called by a set, you seem to have a Phil Hellmuth complex here.

Or i have just been levelled.
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2007, 11:21:13 AM »

I think you are that great that passing is the best play here. I know i would.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 11:38:01 AM by Alex Martin » Logged
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2007, 11:39:26 AM »

hippy instapush

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
tantrum
K2o

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2007, 11:58:03 AM »

I would push here- and i am tight weak player

'Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not; a sense of humor to console him for what he is.'
Francis Bacon
AdamG

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2007, 03:05:21 PM »

ship ship !!! hope for the best...

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=36782.0
Alias' >>> DeeohDoubleG - PokerStars    adamg001/TrustinMe - DTD    Garvey001 - FullTilt <<<
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2007, 05:24:15 PM »

Even with your edge, im still just about pushing here.

Against a hand like AJ, your as much as 66%, and i dont see how you can possibly miss.

Interesting post tho. Hellmuth ESQ.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: