blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 08:03:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272572 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  call or fold ?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: call or fold ?  (Read 2206 times)
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2007, 12:35:04 AM »

lead flop check turn with a strong hand oop is a pretty nice play that gets paid off a lot. I think it is often a superior way to play big hands and definitely less transparent than a standard check raise in many cases.

In this case, any ace with a reasonable spade/ ks will *probably* call/ raise the flop. I think his pot size bet is maybe a leetle too big and he might have been better off betting 1/2 to 2/3 pot to ensure an ace calls or raises but his play ensures that whilst he may lose a little value against hands which have totally whiffed the flop and may put some bluff chips in, he will usually play a big pot when his opponent has caught some of it by encouraging them to bet the turn to deny him odds "drawing" to a "flush."

Credit for the pass bhoywonder but his play stacks the other players in this thread and me also as i would have trouble putting him on the flush. It's a bit of a cooler obviously with the set v flush.

He's played it unorthodox-ly  but effectively imo.

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2007, 06:47:45 AM »

I agree...I love his bet on the flop. I think it's the right play to make here justabout every single time as noone puts you on the flush. All this nonsense about "scaring worse hands off" is all well and good but the only reason he would get paid here 9 out of ten times is because most people don't bet their flush when it hits. (I bet it about 75% of the time for exactly the same reason)

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
pswnio

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2007, 07:22:42 AM »

I don't mind leading out here but I think the bet is too much. The only way you're going to get a call with this bet is if you meet a decent ace, a set, or someone else with a flopped flush. Given the action pre flop there is absolutely no reason to put opponent on either of the first two hands. When you do run into a biggie, then you'll probably get paid off playing it like this (as the board advice indicates!), but if you run into a biggie you're possibly getting paid off however you play it. If you don't run into a hand the majority of the time you're taking the pot there and then.
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2007, 06:16:20 PM »

yuk, but i think opponent has played his hand really well. I think you have played it fine but betting on the turn gives you better info. Stick it in the tournament exit = cooler category.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: