blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:22:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272592 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Fire the third bullet after river check?
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fire the third bullet after river check?  (Read 2107 times)
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« on: September 06, 2007, 11:03:37 PM »

Opponent is known loose player who my notes say can lay down a hand. Have not been active of late and only shown down premium which is why i went for over-rep line. Thoughts please.

Game #5456750344: Hold'em NL ($2/$5) - 2007/09/06 - 22:54:59 (UK)
Table "Bitlis" Seat 3 is the button.
Seat 1: hercules ($504.40 in chips)
Seat 2: Garfy ($601.50 in chips)
Seat 3: gith9 ($311.10 in chips)
Seat 4: JensLE ($529.65 in chips)
Seat 5: Abigail ($543.65 in chips)
Seat 6: SuperBad ($453.10 in chips)
JensLE: posts small blind $2
Abigail: posts big blind $5
----- HOLE CARDS -----
dealt to SuperBad [As ]
SuperBad: raises to $15
hercules: folds
Garfy: calls $15
gith9: folds
JensLE: folds
Abigail: calls $10
----- FLOP ----- [three diamonds ]
Abigail: checks
SuperBad: bets $30
Garfy: folds
Abigail: calls $30
----- TURN ----- [three diamonds ][]
SuperBad: bets $75
Abigail: calls $75
----- RIVER ----- [three diamonds ][]
SuperBad: checks
----- SHOW DOWN -----
Abigail: shows [ ] (Two Pairs, Tens and Threes, Eight high)
SuperBad: mucks hand  [As ]
Abigail collected $254 from Main pot
----- SUMMARY -----
Total pot $257 Main pot $254 Rake $3
Board [three diamonds ]
Seat 1: hercules folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: Garfy folded on the Flop
Seat 3: gith9 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: JensLE (small blind) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: Abigail (big blind) showed [ ] and won ($254) with Two Pairs, Tens and Threes, Eight high
Seat 6: SuperBad mucked  [As ]
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2007, 11:05:26 PM »

You sure he can lay down a hand?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2007, 11:06:52 PM »

Hate his play on the turn unless he knows you C bet twice with air. He can't know he is ahead

If your notes are right the third bullet surely gets through?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
AdamG

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2007, 11:35:21 PM »

flop he call c-bet? turn, he calls for flush draw as well as top pair? river he checks because he doesnt like his kicker issues? doubt he would laydown value bet.... 100% he wouldnt

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=36782.0
Alias' >>> DeeohDoubleG - PokerStars    adamg001/TrustinMe - DTD    Garvey001 - FullTilt <<<
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2007, 12:26:38 AM »

flop he call c-bet? turn, he calls for flush draw as well as top pair? river he checks because he doesnt like his kicker issues? doubt he would laydown value bet.... 100% he wouldnt

standard

call c-flop bet see if you fire turn, value call turn fd

have to be so sure opp can fold top pair on river to fire $175, let him have it, i dont think he folds
« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 12:29:34 AM by bolt pp » Logged
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2007, 12:51:17 AM »

Without looking at the HH i'm firing again but big on the river, just from the thread title!!!

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
UpTheMariners

We Only Sing When We're Fishing

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2007, 11:58:28 AM »

surely if he knew what he was doing he would put in some kind of raise on the flop.

byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2007, 12:33:10 PM »

surely if he knew what he was doing he would put in some kind of raise on the flop.

he prob doesn't want to build a big pot OOP with TPSK
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2007, 12:39:08 PM »

I don't see him folding with a third bet.

UpTheMariners

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2007, 12:53:17 PM »

and get outdrawn? stick in a reraise and take the pot down.

MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2007, 01:08:13 PM »

If he calls the turn why would he fold the river?

The only reason would be that he was looking to improve...which seems an unlikely thought process. The rivered 3 changes nothing, so if he thought his tp was good on the turn it stands to reason he's going to stick with that idea now.

If you had strength you wouldn't want to loose him here so you wouldn't bet big....therefore any big bet will look suspicious. And if you bet small he is priced in to call.

Save the bullet.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2007, 01:57:15 PM »

I know you're a good player and I'm always getting my concepts muddled up so I'm prob wrong but this is how I see it.

He has TPWK a hand which has some showdown value and also some possibility of improving to 2P or trips. You say "stick in a reraise and take the pot down" then are you not turning your hand into 72o? You are betting to protect your hand but if you get 3 bet you have to fold right? If we were really trying to protect our hand then we would be pushing AI if 3B here? Is it not better to make this play with say 72o as a bluff or a set to try to get all in than with a hand with showdown value?

If Alex calls then what is your play on the turn if you miss? bet/fold, check/fold, bet/call?

If you have AT here are you doing the same? Some very good players say you should generally be calling not raising in that situation.

Everything points to a call for me but but I'm interested in your thoughts otherwise.
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2007, 04:03:19 PM »

He has called the flop and turn with no obvious draws out there that you can put him on. He must surely have a piece and by calling two bullets i am sure he was going to call the river if i were you with my AK. So i think he calls the river here. And if he has got a missed draw your AK high wins anyway when you check behind. You are only value betting for him IMO.

HI HELEN!
UpTheMariners

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2007, 05:42:48 PM »

I know you're a good player and I'm always getting my concepts muddled up so I'm prob wrong but this is how I see it.

He has TPWK a hand which has some showdown value and also some possibility of improving to 2P or trips. You say "stick in a reraise and take the pot down" then are you not turning your hand into 72o? You are betting to protect your hand but if you get 3 bet you have to fold right? If we were really trying to protect our hand then we would be pushing AI if 3B here? Is it not better to make this play with say 72o as a bluff or a set to try to get all in than with a hand with showdown value?

If Alex calls then what is your play on the turn if you miss? bet/fold, check/fold, bet/call?

If you have AT here are you doing the same? Some very good players say you should generally be calling not raising in that situation.

Everything points to a call for me but but I'm interested in your thoughts otherwise.

i take your points on board, but im trying to make the best of a bad situation, if your going to call with 10 8 s OOP, i think you need to be brave enough to go with it.

AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2007, 05:58:58 PM »

If he calls the turn why would he fold the river?

The only reason would be that he was looking to improve...which seems an unlikely thought process. The rivered 3 changes nothing, so if he thought his tp was good on the turn it stands to reason he's going to stick with that idea now.

If you had strength you wouldn't want to loose him here so you wouldn't bet big....therefore any big bet will look suspicious. And if you bet small he is priced in to call.

Save the bullet.

LOL me and you always think differently Mantis, which is kinda cool.

In hindsight he had FD which is why i think he calls on turn.
I dont care about "losing" players when i have a big hand, im all out to max value and create big pots with big hands (obv not applicable here).

Without looking at the HH i'm firing again but big on the river, just from the thread title!!!

lol My thoughts exactly IFM. When the pot is this relatively big here on the river, he knows he is not gtd a bet from opponent and therefore he BETS his big made hands on the river. After showing this blatant weakness i cant help but feel i shoulda pumped it for $150.

He has called the flop and turn with no obvious draws out there that you can put him on. He must surely have a piece and by calling two bullets i am sure he was going to call the river if i were you with my AK. So i think he calls the river here. And if he has got a missed draw your AK high wins anyway when you check behind. You are only value betting for him IMO.

45 only reasonable draw after turn call. It gets there on turn. Unless its a blondite in which case 74 bets the river.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: