blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:22:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272477 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  AA & KK in cash games
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AA & KK in cash games  (Read 2082 times)
geeforce1

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2007, 01:26:55 AM »

Learn to play AA/KK defensively postflop ESPECIALLY in multiway pots.

eg 2. 6-handed deepstack (you both have 600) 2/4 button makes it $16 to go, you make it $54 from BB with KK, he calls. Flop comes 678. Action on you. You should CHECK here to keep the pot small oop. You now get to read into whether he wants to play a small or bog pot. Giving free cards with AA/KK after re-raising preflop is not the end of the world, it saves you money long term.

I know its nitty, but i actually find reasons to dump AA/KK without a set rather than reasons to play.

I disagree here. You are giving a free card on a dangerous co-ordinated board. If button bets, do you check raise, call or fold? If u call you have no idea where you are.

If I reraise in the blinds v button raise i am betting most flops a reasonably high % of the time.

Problem is at these stakes you have let your opponent know your hand effectively unless you 3-bet light and are almost always drawing thin/dead if the pot gets big.
Dump em oop to resistance.

i agree with dee, checking a 678 flop or whatever lends itself to be taken off the pot more often than not. also for 1 buyin how sre you meant to make $$ if you are so passive with aa/kk. ppl will stack off here with 99 Tt JJ QQ (as well as other more imaginative combiations). also, at 2 4 ppl will more readily call pf with those combiations rather than 66 77 88 (and other low pps) b/c alot dont realise implied odds are the same.

i do agree tho that to play aa and kk effectively you must learn to read a board and your opponants actions well. for example guy limp/calls in ep but suddenly gets agg on a random flop screams of set. learn to slow down on the turn if you are in pos and are worried about what your against.

i think tho what your experiencing is variance nothing more, pls dont play them for set value only. if you ever get pokertracker you will understand why
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2007, 05:39:44 AM »

Learn to play AA/KK defensively postflop ESPECIALLY in multiway pots.

eg 2. 6-handed deepstack (you both have 600) 2/4 button makes it $16 to go, you make it $54 from BB with KK, he calls. Flop comes 678. Action on you. You should CHECK here to keep the pot small oop. You now get to read into whether he wants to play a small or bog pot. Giving free cards with AA/KK after re-raising preflop is not the end of the world, it saves you money long term.

I know its nitty, but i actually find reasons to dump AA/KK without a set rather than reasons to play.

I disagree here. You are giving a free card on a dangerous co-ordinated board. If button bets, do you check raise, call or fold? If u call you have no idea where you are.

If I reraise in the blinds v button raise i am betting most flops a reasonably high % of the time.

Problem is at these stakes you have let your opponent know your hand effectively unless you 3-bet light and are almost always drawing thin/dead if the pot gets big.
Dump em oop to resistance.

i agree with dee, checking a 678 flop or whatever lends itself to be taken off the pot more often than not. also for 1 buyin how sre you meant to make $$ if you are so passive with aa/kk. ppl will stack off here with 99 Tt JJ QQ (as well as other more imaginative combiations). also, at 2 4 ppl will more readily call pf with those combiations rather than 66 77 88 (and other low pps) b/c alot dont realise implied odds are the same.
i do agree tho that to play aa and kk effectively you must learn to read a board and your opponants actions well. for example guy limp/calls in ep but suddenly gets agg on a random flop screams of set. learn to slow down on the turn if you are in pos and are worried about what your against.

i think tho what your experiencing is variance nothing more, pls dont play them for set value only. if you ever get pokertracker you will understand why

Really? i cannot disagree more heartily. 50/1 on most sites is the toughest stakes up to 5/10 where my experience stops. Grinders know about implied odds g.   
geeforce1

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2007, 10:52:46 AM »

grinders do, the majority are not grinders
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 10:54:35 AM by geeforce1 » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: