blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 04:20:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  the re-raise
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: the re-raise  (Read 2014 times)
UpTheMariners

We Only Sing When We're Fishing

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2007, 05:34:43 AM »

forget your reraise discussion im ALL IN

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2007, 09:38:11 AM »

Re-re-raise, when the crowd say bo selecta!

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2007, 10:04:09 AM »

Is having sex twice in one night a re-raise?

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2007, 10:11:12 AM »

Is having sex twice in one night a re-raise?

You've lost us there.  Twice in a night? 

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2007, 12:04:34 PM »

I got in trouble in a Luton comp once for saying bet and not raise as the preflop opener. I tried to explain but was met with so much resistance i shutup. True story.
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2007, 12:59:33 PM »

I got in trouble in a Luton comp once for saying bet and not raise as the preflop opener. I tried to explain but was met with so much resistance i shutup. True story.

But pre-flop, hasn't the opening bet already been made (by the big blind), so you can either call this bet or raise it. The action has already been opened, so you can't bet.
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2007, 01:01:08 PM »

I despise such nonsense and feel it is my duty to have fun with it.

At Star City in Birmingham you MUST state your INTENTION before you act. If you do not do this your actions are invalid.

I found this out when I pushed all-in over the top of a raise and the dealer pushed my chips back and told me I could now only call. I got the TD and had a fun time arguing the point. The rule is that unless you STATE your action your INTENTION is unclear. "Of course" I say, "pushing your stack across the bet line in unclear."

So for the rest of the tournament every time I wanted to just call a raise I silently pushed all-in. This turned into a call but the rest of the table thought my INTENTION was to push and therefore got out of the way and allowed me to go HU with the original raiser. But going all-in was not my INTENTION so that rule was exposed as complete piffle. And I don't play there because of it.

NB: Pre-flop the first action is indeed a raise because of the forced bb bet...but post-flop the first action is a bet
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 02:47:22 PM by MANTIS01 » Logged

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2007, 01:15:23 PM »

I despise such nonsense and feel it is my duty to have fun with it.

At Star City in Birmingham you MUST state your INTENTION before you act. If you do not do this your actions are invalid.

I just cannot understand how this simple action causes so much idiocy, confusion and potential angle shooting.  Why can't everywhere in the world agree that in pl or nl games you make up your bet behind the line and put in the chips  and thats it.   
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2007, 08:36:59 PM »

Agreed. I think e.g. for a tournament to enforce the entrants to use speech, something that is affected by emotion, is a poor show. Surely concealment of information is the right of the player? A bet pushed over the bet line in one fluid motion is a bet and that's about as simple as it gets.

So you've got to state your INTENTION? What about those players who weren't really paying attention, missed a raise coming in, and said CALL thinking they were just limping? Why were they not enforced to call the raise? They stated their intention! But the TD argued that this was not their intention. I argued that the rule is STATE YOUR INTENTION...so why can people state their intention to avoid ambiguity and not really mean it?

There is so much inconsistency in poker!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 08:45:42 PM by MANTIS01 » Logged

AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2007, 10:30:15 PM »

But pre-flop, hasn't the opening bet already been made (by the big blind), so you can either call this bet or raise it. The action has already been opened, so you can't bet.

Aha i see, no-one at the table actually gave me any explantation whatsoever. Cheers andrew.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: