blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 12:37:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272902 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Pokerstars.com London EPT: Day 1A - Interactive
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pokerstars.com London EPT: Day 1A - Interactive  (Read 38464 times)
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: September 25, 2007, 05:17:55 PM »

One possible Table of Doooooooooooooom and ceeeeeeeeeeeertain death (mohahahah) is Table Wernick, the Worm (13,800), Ola Brandborn (9,025), WSOP 10k Omaha and Main Event casher Sylvester Geoghegan (6,500) and EPT Monte Carlo finalist Soren Kongsgaard (13,700) all striking fear in their opponents.

Oh yeah, and Paul Gourlay is also there.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 25, 2007, 05:18:52 PM »

If Swedish pro Chris Bjorin (5,200) had moved to Ireland instead of London, they would have snapped him up in a second,

Unless he moved there last week, although a frequent visitor he actually lives in Washington DC  Roll Eyes

I'm still snapping him up. DC = Dave Colclough = Dave lives in England. I think that link is strong enough to say Bjorin is one of our own.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: September 25, 2007, 05:24:44 PM »

If Swedish pro Chris Bjorin (5,200) had moved to Ireland instead of London, they would have snapped him up in a second,

Unless he moved there last week, although a frequent visitor he actually lives in Washington DC  Roll Eyes

I'm still snapping him up. DC = Dave Colclough = Dave lives in England. I think that link is strong enough to say Bjorin is one of our own.

His logic is irrefutable.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: September 25, 2007, 05:28:12 PM »

Speaking of Paul 'Rocketman' Gourlay, he's been yoyo-ing like a stress ball on a bungee today, his current chip count of 4.5k failing to fully reflect the crazy session he's endured. In his own words... (and you're going to have to imagine a broad Geordie accent here)

"I'm making a comeback, snoopy," exclaims Paul beckoning me over. "I was down to 950 at one point, it was my own fault though. I was in the big blind with 9-8 against this chap (Dag Martin Mikkelsen). The flop was J-8-6, and he check-raised me. I thought he was at it so called. The turn came another 8. He bet out and I min-raised to find out where I was, but he pushed all-in. By this time there was so much money in the pot, I had to call, but he had 8-6 for the full house. It was terrible play by me, I should he known he had two pair when he raised me on the flop."

Moments later, The Rocketman, who, incidentally is listening to the aptly named "I'm Still Standing" on his ipod, tripled through with A-Q on an Ace flop.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 06:00:09 PM by Chili » Logged
Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: September 25, 2007, 05:46:07 PM »

Whilst the players were on a ten minute break, I got fished.  The man is relentless, met him about 6 times now and its always the same story.  This was our convo.

Me: How many chips you got?
Fish: Can I have a big squeeze for luck?
Me: NO
Fish: 14k

Then I walked off.  Sigh.

Pictures to come, been snapping away.

Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 25, 2007, 05:48:41 PM »

Good job Snoopy and Chili - I was literally seconds from arriving at the Vic at midday to interview a certain Head of the EPT who cancelled his interviews at the last moment, when I turned on my heel and got back on the tube... but what I meant to say, instead of, "Oh my God I have only slept for two hours," was, "Have a great time as the EPT gets underway; looking forward to the coverage and good luck to DC, Vicky Coren and Nicolas Levi whose names I noticed in the list."

Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: September 25, 2007, 06:10:33 PM »

Thanks Jen.

I got news from Luca Pagano about his neighbour Mick McCool's very early exit in the first 30 mins. Although I jested about these 2 earlier, McCool's exit would have had me crying and booting toilet doors (no, I have never done that, honest!!)

There was a raise and 3 callers, one of them being McCool with  .  The flop brought a glorious

Mateboy holding  bet half the pot and McCool called.  The turn was the glorry  and at the this point all the chips went in.  Mateboy trips obviously had outs but the 4th 8 on the river for quads must have sickened McCool and he was gone gone.

Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: September 25, 2007, 06:19:50 PM »

Coming up to level 4 now 150 / 300 and around 135 players still in.

I saw Dave Colclough very nearly in hot water when he pushed on a Q high flop with Q9 but was called by a cute KK but Dave (well the dealer) got even cuter when he rivered a third Q.

And who do we have here, Roberto Romanello and flushyfish, they were lurking around the opposition since they both play tomorrow.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: September 25, 2007, 06:19:54 PM »

Ben Johnson has raced out of this comp... raced in the sense of gone crashing out rather than coinflipping, which he was far from doing as his Sevens failed to hit against pretend Englishman Nicolas Levi's dominating Kings.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: September 25, 2007, 06:23:12 PM »

Whilst John Tabatabai is yet to repeat his WSOPE form with 8,800, Donnacha O'Dea is either multi-tabling the cash games or actually out of the comp - I'd go with the latter.
Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: September 25, 2007, 06:24:47 PM »

I posted a Trilby earlier but think I got ahead of myself for given it a cyber award.  I missed the following beauties

Nicholas Levi

Mateboy

Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: September 25, 2007, 06:28:08 PM »

Wow, how could anoyone get a word in edgeways with this trio all next to each other.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: September 25, 2007, 06:30:24 PM »

In regards to the prior requests for Spaniards, I just gave Daniel Mangas the Spanish Inquisition (ahem, get in there!) to locate his countyrmen who seemed to have either moved tables or been sent hurtling out of the competition. My English is sloppy at the best of time and Mangas isn't fluent in the Queen's, so we might have well been speaking in Clingon the way our conversation went. After much pointing and speaking loudly, I think we confirmed that whilst Hector Furentes has bitten the dust, Raul Mestre is certainly alive and kicking on the adjacent table, down to 6,300 but quietly evaluating his opponents and jotting down notes on his notepad.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: September 25, 2007, 06:36:42 PM »

Johnny Lodden has just clashed with a fellow Norwegian, Henning Granstad, know to some as Granismo, calling a river bet on a two spades and being shown three clubs by Mr bad_ip.

Meanwhile, I managed to grab a few choice chip counts. I'll plow through the crowd more thoroughly on my next outing:

Daniel Mangas -- 7,100
Christopher Andler -- 13,050
Paul Christofferson -- 11,950
Macus Friman -- 8,125
Raymi Sanchez thorn -- 6,000
Niklas Svensson -- 11,900
Jon Lundberg -- 9,300
Raul Mestre -- 6,300

I'm afraid we've lost sight of Saffari, players seem to be moving around like a swarm of frantic bees.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: September 25, 2007, 06:43:22 PM »

Here's a quick piccy that I intuitively knew would make an amusing photo. As my Swedish media friend Rikard says, "That picture is so funny. Like Oliver Twist. Can I have another round?"

The players munching away on their din dins like they haven't eaten for weeks are Josh Egan, Marcus Friman, Brandon Schaefer and Paul Testud with Henning Granstad sans bowel.

Can anyone think of a good caption?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: