blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 01:53:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272911 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Pokerstars.com London EPT: Final Day - Interactive
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pokerstars.com London EPT: Final Day - Interactive  (Read 16529 times)
Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2007, 05:14:44 PM »

Unfortunately someone going in the opposite direction since the final started is Ian Cox, seeing himself down to 112,000 he moves all in from the button.  Florian Langmann in the small blind makes the call, just as Ian sighed and displayed a slight grimace.  That was because he chose to make his move with    amazingly though he was ahead because Florian was calling spectulatively with  .  The board was a sorry

three diamonds two hearts    and a shrug from Ian, stated "thats the way it goes."

to send Ian Cox out in 8th place for a not too shabby £57,075

Of all today’s final table players, Ian Cox, a poker pro & sports bettor from Poole, Dorset, has the most experience beneath the studio lights. His first live poker came after qualifying online for the 2005 Poker Million and he’s played in three later TV tournaments. Cox spent 11 years terrorizing fixed odds bookmakers with his knowledge of golf betting, before moving to the exchanges. He took up poker while waiting for market moves. Three final tables from 11 live events in 2006 and six from 14 this year attest to the skills of a natural.

(thanks to Pokerstars for the player biographies)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 05:25:11 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged

Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2007, 05:18:19 PM »

UL mate, nice lift all the same.

Plus you won £25 from tikay to make it £57,100.

well played.

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2007, 05:19:19 PM »

The players might not be rattling towards the rail at electric pace, but it would be unfair to suggest that they weren't playing any hands, the latest confrontation being a rare Lebonase/German battle.

Raising it up to 80k pre-flop, the calculated Marcel Baran, who, with all due respect, looks like he should be sat in front of his computer playing tournament Starcraft, awaits the decision of Paul Mendes, the shortest stack at the table. Admitting that it was a fold or all in jobby, Mendes opted for the former and released his hand.

With the Steston-ed Mendes stepping out of the way, it was left to the Beirut real estate developer, Jospeh Mouawad, to make the call.

The Flop came an action-packed and all-in potentialising , which subsequently triggered a 100k bet from Marcel who has a bizarre habit of staring down at his chips inquisitively on every hand.

Someone who didn't hesitate was Joseph, the Pokerstars qualifer insta-pushing for 253k more quicker than a sheep in Wales.

As he reclined in his chair, biting down gently on his lip, Marcel asked for a confirmation of the count before pitching up tent in the think tank. Clearly not holding a bag of spanners, Marcel continued to weigh up his options before finally announcing call and showing . Joseph showed .

The Turn may have made Joseph two pair and eliminated the Jack as a German escape route, but in turn produced nine more outs for Marcel to take a shot at.

However, it was indeed the now irrelevant Jack that arrived on the River, Joseph's superior two pair being enough to earn him a vital double up.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 05:21:51 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2007, 05:19:52 PM »

Well played Ian/Crapper, did yourself proud!

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2007, 05:24:16 PM »

Raising it up to 80k pre-flop, the calculated Marcel Baran, who, with all due respect, looks like he should be sat in front of his computer playing tournament Starcraft,

I think he was the very first player out in Monte Carlo this year, he flopped a straight with the nut flush draw against the nut straight...

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2007, 05:24:21 PM »

Although I'd love to go for the hattrick of quoting the Mendes picture, I feel obliged to introduce you this lad, who is a perfect example of the existence and authenticity of the term 'Generic Scandie".

As we were scouring the arena for the finalists, we came across Fredrik Haugen as he raced towards the feature table so grabbed him momentarily to request a photo. Naturally, he duly obliged and we managed to obtain our 8th snap thereby completing our set of finalists.

As he departed, evading the feature table might I add, I suddenly realised that he wasn't actually Fredrik Haugen at all, but rather a generic Scandie that had happily posed for a photo without really knowing why. Our bemusement as we re-examined the photo was a sight to behold.

Moments later, the real Slim Haugen arose from the staircase and we were forced to take a 9th photo, our red-faces hoping not to bump into Scandieboy ever again.

As I alluded to at the start of this post, this incident is surely proof that there is justification in the term 'Generic Scandie', as Chili and I, who have been covering Fredrik Haugen's progress over the last few days, were thrown by a mere change of attire and took a photo of the wrong guy.

Errr, that's Dag Martin Mikkelsen, formerly a huge winner at the high stakes Stars turbo sngs and went deep in Barcelona and the WSOP ME. (Chip leader of both for a while). He got a press pass in Barcelona so he could take photos for his blog.

I think you'll spot him at a few more events. Cheesy 

Yes, that's Dag, a recent addition to blondepedia in fact. However, he's still a generic Scandie in my book: young, blonde, aggressive and annoyingly of all... good!
Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2007, 05:29:04 PM »

Just as the blinds move to 10K / 20k  2K ante a big pot develops again.  Fredrik Haugen, who has clearly come to play today, raised it up to 55k.  Josh Egan reraised all in for a total of 329K, this gave Haugen some dwelling time but he did call, the hands were

Fredrik Haugen   
Josh Egan   

A queen on the board gave Josh Egan a lovely pot worth 810,000 and all of Haugen's hard work early on has been pulverised to nothing.  He is left short.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2007, 05:31:01 PM »

unlucky ian but i blame the fact you just played 90 minutes against leeds scoring the equalizer late into the game

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2007, 05:41:33 PM »

We are down to 6 players after a raise, all in and a call that happened in a nano second.  Englishman Paul Mendes was the other table short stack with 150k, he pushed all in with  but Antony Lellouche was not gonna roll over with    .  After this exact board

three diamonds   

Paul Mendes is the 7th place finisher winning a cool £77,459

Londoner Paul has been a striking figure at EPT London thanks to his distinctive Stetson– a gift from Vegas. He said: “I wear it for special occasions – and this is certainly one of those.” Today’s final table place is by far Paul’s biggest result to date. His previous biggest win was £1,200 after coming 8th in a tournament in Edinburgh a couple of years ago. The 44-year-old screenplay writer took up poker when he was working in a petrol station. He was invited to a game by some regulars, won the game and hasn’t looked back since.

Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2007, 05:47:14 PM »

1st    £611,520
2nd   £346,528
3rd    £203,840
4th    £152,880
5th    £124,342
6th   £97,843
7th   £77,459         Paul Mendes
8th   £57,075         Ian Cox
9th   £34,652         Jason Hackett
10th   £34,652       Pascal Perrault
11th   £28,537       Phidias Georgiou
12th   £28,537       Surinder Sunar
13th   £22,422       David Obrobrac
« Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 05:49:36 PM by Chili » Logged

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2007, 05:49:43 PM »

Some pictures from today's final table:

Fredrik Haugen

Marcel Baran
« Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 05:55:36 PM by Chili » Logged
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2007, 05:52:30 PM »

UL mate, nice lift all the same.

Plus you won £25 from tikay to make it £57,100.

well played.

What about Paul Mendes ?

Try and keep up Kev 

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: September 29, 2007, 05:53:53 PM »

The 2 short stacks Baran & Haugen are taking it in turns to move all in, but no one is bothered and letting them nick the blinds which totalling 42k are nothing to sniff at. 

Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: September 29, 2007, 06:09:55 PM »

Marcel Baran in action again, this time raising for about the 3rd time out of 5 hands, he makes it 55k, Josh Egan reraises about 200k and Marcel goes all in for not a massive amount more.  Josh calls and this time Marcel does have the best hand in  , Josh flips over  .   No excitement on the board for Josh to improve and Marcel rakes in a 656,000 pot.

The players are now on an hour dinner break, so full chip counts of the remaining 6 to follow from Snoopy.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 06:11:59 PM by Chili » Logged

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: September 29, 2007, 06:11:17 PM »

Seat 1: Ian Cox -- out
Seat 2: Florian Langmann -- 1,241,000
Seat 3: Antony Lellouche -- 601,000
Seat 4: Fredrik Haugen -- 263,000
Seat 5: Josh Egan -- 457,000
Seat 6: Marcel Baran -- 656,000
Seat 7: Paul Mendes -- out
Seat 8: Joseph Mouawad -- 656,000