blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:54:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Help a blondeite with a professional dilemna
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Help a blondeite with a professional dilemna  (Read 10695 times)
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2007, 10:39:21 AM »

I'm way too soft believe me - EX copper is the important bit - I only wear the uniform as a special treat.

yeah, but did you keep the handcuffs and the truncheon? Smiley

Two truncheons, 1 set of handcuffs (standard issue) and 1 key.......which is attached to my whistle which I've lost....... Grin
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2007, 06:46:07 AM »

Hi All,

I was the 'blondeite with a dilemna'

Thanks for all your views etc. The problems i had with this were the agency didnt do its job properly in trying to recover the arrears and serving the correct notice until it was too late.The lady that deals with this kind of stuff was more interested in a quiet life than doing her job properly. Then we got a new owner whose attitude was if they dont pay they dont stay, which is fine but there are ways of doing this and it was a kneejerk reaction made mainly because of the previous failings of the agency.

The plan was to force entry to the flat and remove the tenants belongins and leave them in the street for her when she returns home. Because of the shifts she works this could well have been at 11pm at night and i dont think (regardless of rent arrears) that this would have been an acceptable thing to happen.

As it happens, i went round to the flat the day after this post to warn her what could happen but she had already left and had taken her belongings with her.

i am no longer there so am free to say thank you all for your views and to Richard for posting it for me.

Vince

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2007, 08:45:33 AM »

So I guess the landlord won't get the money that he's owed?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2007, 09:16:36 AM »

Hope it didn't get awkward for you Celtic, and I think you did the right thing (with regards to going to warn them)

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2007, 12:25:45 PM »

So I guess the landlord won't get the money that he's owed?

Nope. However if we went through the proper channels and got her evicted then we would have got judgement on the arrears and she would have had to pay them back. Admittedly it would probably have been £50-£100 per month but would have been better than nothing. Illegally evicting a tenant never gets the arrears back.

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2007, 12:32:14 PM »

Wasn't saying the illegal eviction would have helped.  Just that the woman technically 'stole' from the landlord.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2007, 12:37:13 PM »

My mum works as a Revenue Officer for a housing association (she helps people find ways to pay, but if they don't she get's rid of them) - she was distinctly unimpressed when I relayed how you're ex-employers were acting.

Not particularly from a moral point of view, mainly from the business point of view, "what's the point when they could do it properly, get rid of the tenant and get the arrears?" She was genuinely perplexed as to why they could be such idiots about it.

It sounds like a good company to be out of Grin, good luck on finding replacement employment  thumbs up

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2007, 12:38:19 PM »

Absolutely Kin, and that is totally wrong. But she was allowed to get away with it.

Wasn't saying the illegal eviction would have helped.  Just that the woman technically 'stole' from the landlord.

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2007, 12:45:06 PM »

My mum works as a Revenue Officer for a housing association (she helps people find ways to pay, but if they don't she get's rid of them) - she was distinctly unimpressed when I relayed how you're ex-employers were acting.

Not particularly from a moral point of view, mainly from the business point of view, "what's the point when they could do it properly, get rid of the tenant and get the arrears?" She was genuinely perplexed as to why they could be such idiots about it.
It sounds like a good company to be out of Grin, good luck on finding replacement employment  thumbs up

Cheers Jon

It was a kneejerk reation by the new owner of the business to placate the owner of the property as she was unaware that the tenant was 4 months in arrears because the agency hadnt told her.... The owner of the property had nothing to do or knew about the planned illegal eviction, and the owner of the business didnt realise that she wouldnt be able to recover the arrears by doing this, who was really winning here???

bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2007, 05:17:12 PM »

Absolutely Kin, and that is totally wrong. But she was allowed to get away with it.

N1, i'm well pleased for her, gl to her, i hope it was for a nice few quid as well.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: November 02, 2007, 05:19:28 PM »

N1, i'm well pleased for her, gl to her, i hope it was for a nice few quid as well.

Why?

bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2007, 07:51:44 PM »

Why?

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: November 02, 2007, 09:10:06 PM »

Why?

coelacanth

ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: November 03, 2007, 12:44:44 AM »

Fair play to ya, i'd have "popped" round and seen if i could help her "sort" her debts out too Cheesy

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 25, 2007, 09:39:48 PM »

I'm going to need to rent a place soon and I've been told that because I'm an internet poker layabout it's might be difficult finding a nice place. Can any landlords, letting agents or poker players who rent give me any advice? I haven't rented since I was a student 15 years ago and I haven't had a proper job for 3 and a half years.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: