blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:04:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Arghhh this is hard.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Arghhh this is hard.  (Read 2531 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2007, 10:08:50 AM »

I Like the fact that you have no HH and I don't have to trawl through all the usual crap to get to the nitty gritty. I wish all analysis posts could be like this.

would you start to give us your thoughts on hands if more people were to do the same?

I would definitely read a lot more of them.

I'm not good at hand analysis, but I would probably post occasionally if the better players/analysers don't embarrass me too much.

The older I get, the better I was.
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2007, 10:36:33 AM »

I Like the fact that you have no HH and I don't have to trawl through all the usual crap to get to the nitty gritty. I wish all analysis posts could be like this.

would you start to give us your thoughts on hands if more people were to do the same?

I'm not good at hand analysis, but I would probably post occasionally if the betterplayers/analyzers don't embarrass me too much.

well worded, i think it's good to acknowledge the potential disparity between the two and it's never really eluded to on here in this context but there is a difference on occasion between the proficient pro naive in the contemporaneous language specific to on line hand analysis and the imperiously consumate "analyzer". Although the concept of EV is something that is paramount to the mutitabler a lot of the other terms used when analyzing single hands are already pr-established concepts that have just been reworded by the mathematically analytical online generation who are impetuously haughty when condescending to those that have dared to post an opinion lacking in the established colloquial terminology or deviating from what "the books" say.

as for being embarrassed dont worry about it, a lot of cool guys have moustaches, tom selleck, jonny depp ect.........

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2007, 10:49:49 AM »

Thank you. (I think....)

The older I get, the better I was.
GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2007, 11:03:17 AM »

I'm not good at hand analysis, but I would probably post occasionally if the betterplayers/analyzers don't embarrass me too much.

well worded, i think it's good to acknowledge the potential disparity between the two and it's never really eluded to on here in this context but there is a difference on occasion between the proficient pro naive in the contemporaneous language specific to on line hand analysis and the imperiously consumate "analyzer". Although the concept of EV is something that is paramount to the mutitabler a lot of the other terms used when analyzing single hands are already pr-established concepts that have just been reworded by the mathematically analytical online generation who are impetuously haughty when condescending to those that have dared to post an opinion lacking in the established colloquial terminology or deviating from what "the books" say.

as for being embarrassed dont worry about it, a lot of cool guys have moustaches, tom selleck, jonny depp ect.........

Quick someone pass me a thesaurus

masterjackblack

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2007, 12:01:49 PM »

For me this call is dependent on how often you think this particular opponent is going to fire the overbet when he misses the legitimate draws in this spot. You cant even give him a legitimate backdoor like KJsp or J9sp as this aggressive type of opponent would generally be re-raising again with this type of hand on the flop after your raise to 30. You essentially can only beat a bluff, he's not gonna make this bet with QJ or anything less. I'd probably throw it away, for the wrong reason as it turns out. I'd have to give him AQ or a full that he was playing slow putting you on the kind of hand you have. Overbets in this spot are more often than not value bets, bluffs tend to be on average smaller.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 02:36:41 PM by masterjackblack » Logged
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2007, 04:02:50 PM »

We could start using converters in PHA to clear up the hh's as they do on 2p2. I would probably be in favour of this, as it does make the whole hand easier to read, but it does lead to eliteism when new pha posters will get flamed for not converting their hands.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: