blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 09:16:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272574 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  What to do?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What to do?  (Read 1115 times)
Indestructable

View Profile
« on: October 08, 2007, 09:48:10 PM »

This was a hand I had to make a decision on in the Dublin side event.
I am on the BB and I am dealt

Apologies I can't remember the chip count but everyone folds to the small blind who has three times my chip stack and from the few hands I have seen he is a serial raiser. He raises to 3 times the big blind and I call. The flop is

He bets, I raise and he goes all in.
My fear was that he had a Jack I am stuffed and if he is drawing to a flush I could be busted. I still had plenty of chips to carry on in the tournament and I fold.
He shows

I carried on to make 8th place, but must admit to spending a lot of time afterwards wonderring if I had called and doubeld up who knows what might have happened.
What are your views in this position, for example if you think he is chasing a flush would you take this chance on the hope he wouldn't hit or would you wait for a better opportunity?
(Sorry some details are vague as it was a late night)
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2007, 09:48:45 PM »

Was it televised?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2007, 09:50:15 PM »

"You have plenty of chips" is the key bit.  Fold and look for a better spot - or alternatively gamble and hope it goes your way. 

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
pswnio

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2007, 09:58:30 PM »

If your stack is relatively deep, it's a fold for me.
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2007, 01:49:47 AM »

if you can press home an advantage with a big stack call. if u wanna make the money fold preflop. If u wanna play it passively call the flop and see a brick turn to persue if not fold to his turn bet.

temp0r

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2007, 02:48:25 AM »

can't really put him on the flush draw as heads up the majority of tournament players check raise there. no? i wouldn't put him on a jack either as in a heads up pot few players lead with trips here unless they know their oppo is likely to speculate.
i'd opt for an all-in if i thought the player would lay down AK to it as thats the only leading hand that beats you really.
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2007, 08:35:29 AM »

What are your views in this position, for example if you think he is chasing a flush would you take this chance on the hope he wouldn't hit or would you wait for a better opportunity?

If the cards are face up it's an insta call - you are probably just less than a 6 to 4 favourite, with plenty of chips in the pot already.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: