blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:36:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272592 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Bluesquare.com GUKPT London - Day 1A - Interactive
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bluesquare.com GUKPT London - Day 1A - Interactive  (Read 25465 times)
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« on: October 16, 2007, 01:20:45 PM »

Greetings from The Vic, where Junglecat and I are poised to run down the copious stairs and watch the copious action literally any minute now.  Players are still drifting in and signing their little forms as they pass to the New Improved card room (which isn't actually so new any more, but the first time I saw it was the EPT recently, and it was indeed improved). 

The Cat can't access the wifi currently, but even that is solvable, given time. 

Expect an updater-filled Day One (not a typo - both Danafish and Snoopy1239 are just about to play their first GUKPT event - for the former her first ever big live event) and will undoubtedly get the full, even, unbiased coverage for which blonde is famous.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 01:23:29 PM by NoflopsHomer » Logged

ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2007, 01:30:09 PM »

Dana and Snoops.

ENJOY!!
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2007, 01:37:40 PM »

Now I can finally access the wonderful world of t'internet, may I extend my warmest greetings to you, the amassed blonde faithful.

The Vic is my old stomping ground, yet has changed considerably since my day with worn old carpets and scratched tables having been replaced, refurbished, revamped and polished till everything has a warm glow of luxuriance and sparkle surrounding it.

Much improved from a few years ago, it should be a pleasure updating from the sumptuous environ that the Vic has become.

This promises to be one of the best GUKPTs, with a field that will be chock full of stars, professionals, the odd fish and as Jen related, Snoopy and Dana(I'll let you decide which category to put them in!) will be amongst the throng. (Please let them be sharing a table.....)

The press room is a short trip from the card room, simply up the stairs, down the stairs, turn left, out of the door, through the next door, catch the no 57 bus, short climb up the Andes and you're one small parachute jump away.....(At least i should be getting fit)

Anyway, Jen has joined the ranks to catch the early action, and I will be joining her now to assist so here we go, good luck everyone!

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
Tonji
They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2007, 01:52:30 PM »

Snoops & Dana & all Blondes in this.

Have fun Jen & JC  thumbs up

http://www.photonet.org.uk/

They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2007, 02:04:15 PM »

I was wandering around, looking for interesting tables yet bemoaning the fact I couldn't find an interesting hand, when Sharplea, one of the other updaters tapped me on the shoulder to tell me to stop looking gormless and cover Snoopy's ALLIN!

Yes, you heard me right, blonde's own busy beagle had found all his chips in the middle at this early stage.

It looked as though most of the action occurred on the river of a three clubs board. With about 2k in the pot the river action seemed to have gone, Snoopy had bet 1.5k, his opponent who i believe was Lam Trihn, raised this to 3.5k and snoopy pushed the rest of his chips into the pot which I would guess was about another 5k or so.....

Lam thought for ages, looked uncomfortable, and ultimately made the call. An impassive, headphoned snoopy, showed AT quietly for the nuts, whilst a headshaking Lam flashed either QT or KT for the 2nd nut straight. A nice early result for Snoopy who must be close to the 20k  mark! Keep up Dana he may be thinking (this is idle speculation on my part of course!)

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2007, 02:11:24 PM »

Pre-recap of early action, I think it best to get the tedious spreadsheet creation out of the way, and at the same time get the full list of players blondewards.

The In Seat First Hand Silly Rule is no more, which also means that alternates are being accepted and will mess up this list a little bit by Level Two, but never mind - here are most of them, in seat order:

Table 1

1. Daniel Lewis
2. Osman Mustanoglu
3. JP Kelly
4. Peter Evans
5. John Reynolds
6. Dan Smith
7. Norman Jones
8. Robert Stain
9. Adam Wilkinson

Table 2

1. Zuhair Razook
2. Ken Garden
3. Marc Goodwin
4. Charles Denton
5. Richard Simmonds
6. Nick Gibson
7. Adam Vinson
8. Rumit Somaiya
9. Danny Dborin

Table 3

1. Jon Lundy
2. John Ioannou
3. S. Nikkhah
4. Thomas Dunwoodie
5. Dana Immanuel
6. Neil Robbins
7. Paul Ephremsen
8. Necmettin Cicekli
9. Mark Tomblin

Table 4

1. M. Bale
2. Guy Steele
3. Lee Redmond
4. Paul Alterman
5. Mike Chen
6. Paul Murrell
7. Marc Lousky
8. Christopher M. Pan
9. Richard Grace

Table 5

1. Lawrence Windish
2. John Gale
3. Ryan Fronda
4. Trevor Pearson
5. Jack Powell
6. Samir Patel
7. James Moult
8. Adam Heller
9. Raymond Nicholas

Table 6

1. John Murphy
2. Jeffrey Rogers
3. Jeff Buffenbarger
4. David Halsey
5. A. Johnson
6. Simon Mcdonagh
7. Sean Moran
8. Zack Chesses
9. Steven Hill

Table 7

1. Sultan Mahmud
2. Patrick Murray
3. W. Nosko
4. P. Mehmet
5. Lawrence Gosney
6. Mohammed Shafique
7. Eamon Delany
8. Marcus Bebb-jones
9. Damon Ioannou

Table 8

1. Tony Bedford
2. Michael Denton
3. Paul King
4. Barney Boatman
5. Paul McIntyre
6. Paul Hardwidge
7. Robert Jones
8. Paul Gourlay
9. Terence Mcgilly

Table 9

1. Bardi Rajah
2. Philip Dorrington
3. Allan Mclean
4. Talal Shakerchi
5. Donald Mccallion
6. Craig Owen
7. Bhupinder Kohli
8. Hoa Ngo
9. Bernard Litman

Table 10

1. James Mcbride
2. Debbie Littlejohn
3. Dave Colclough
4. Joshua Biedak
5. Andrew Booth
6. Gary Nordigan
7. Lisa Scotney
8. Brian Gilbert
9. Hieu Hoang

Table 11

1. Dean Sanders
2. Simon Eastwood
3. Andrew Cruickshank
4. Peter Hedlund
5. Mark Segal
6. Alexander Martin
7. Stephen Basri
8. Jimmy Gallagher
9. Michael Ellis

Table 12

1. Nik Persaud
2. Lam Trinh
3. Paul Dobson
4. Jan Lundberg
5. Darren Fuller
6. Adam Goulding
7. Paul Cohen
8. Peter Rogers
9. Nicholas Cherbanich

Table 13

1. Adam Stoneham
2. Rory Liffey
3. Jeff Kimber
4. Michael Greco
5. Antonio Volpe
6. John Hewston
7. Ian Nelson
8. Alan Vinson

Table 14

1. Paul Leckey
2. Ian Woodley
3. Carl Buskirk
4. Dan Carter
5. Nick Holbrook
6. Glen Martin
7. Robert Boon
8. Steven Walden

Table 15

1. Yilfer Shevket
2. M. McElhinney
3. Rory Campbell
4. Kastriot Krasniqi
5. Bambos Xanthos
6. Erling Marthinsen
7. Ronald Seymour
8. Matt Tyler

Highlit are blondes and other famous followees of the past....

LLevan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2007, 02:15:25 PM »

Table 13 looks like a very strong lineup, could be plenty of action there....Also please could you wish Ron SEymour on table 15 good luck from Lance.

Happy updating and good luck to all the blondes playing today.
Dry em
Hit Squad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2007, 02:30:37 PM »

Morning all, can I get regular updates on Adam "countdown conundrum" stoneham and Jeff "don't call me world champ, oh ok go on then" kimber

typls

action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2007, 02:31:56 PM »

picture of my 2.5% alex martin please and hopefully his 20k stack.
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2007, 03:00:07 PM »

Snoopy might be the level One chip leader, but his special lady friend is up a few thousand too - thanks to some well-timed good cards (Aces, first hand).  She raised preflop and found one caller in position on her in the form of Mark Tomblin.  She bet the flop of three diamonds, and then 500 on the turn.  The river brought the 5k and she once again bet out, this time 1k, called by Tomblin with his shown , while here Instaboots - took the first good-sized pot.

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2007, 03:00:31 PM »

The most interesting table I noticed was table 13, as mentioned which is likely to be unlucky for some.

Adam Stoneham, Rory Liffey, Jeff Kimber, Michael Greco, Antonio Volpe, John Hewston, Ian Nelson and Alan Vinson make up what has been dubbed in the press room "THE TABLE OF DEATH"

Every player on the table has a well earned reputation and I'll be keeping a close eye on this one as the chips will undoubtedly fly between assorted World Heads Up Champions, famous ex-eastender stars and flame-haired and highly aggressive poker players.....

In the time taken to post this, given the short connection-less hiatus we just experienced in the press room, Ian Nelson is OUT!

As predicted the TABLE OF DEATH has claimed its first victim...

On a , Adam Stonham bet 2.5k and Ian Nelson moved in. Quickly called by Adam, Ian showing T8 for top 2 pair, but Adam's AA gave him a superior 2 pair and a blank river sent Ian crashing to the rail.....

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2007, 03:09:29 PM »

Osman Mustanoglu is OUT, after tangling with Ian Woodley (pictured at a previous event in a more pleasingly garish T-shirt than he's wearing today).

It looked like Mustanoglu had raised and found Woodley and another player looking up the three clubs flop.  I caught the action from when 1,525 appeared in front of Woodley, only to find a check-raise to 4,525 coming from his opponent.  A pretty quick move all-in from Woodley, and Osman Mustanoglu called, with that old chestnut, "If you got it, you got it..."

He had it: to Mustanoglu's .  22,000 for Ian Woodley, the rail for Mustanoglu.

Incidentally, the brief recap given by the exiter to pal Rumit Somaiya perfectly sums up how busted players can tell a story in such a way that they seem most hard done by.  "Pair of Kings vs. Ace-Queen.  He made a flush on me."  Just the right amount of ambiguity to imply horrible outdrawing and potential donkeying on the part of the opponent. 

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2007, 03:25:21 PM »

Also making an early exit was Mohammed Shafiq, whose final hand, I noted, was .  The beneficiary of most of his chips looked to be Patrick Murray, who'd ended up with a higher flush and may have been the player who said as soon as Shaf was out of earshot, "Well he shouldn't be playing them cards then should he..." implying, probably rightly, that he'd gotten himself into trouble raising with 'interesting' starting hands, as is his modus operandi.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2007, 03:28:03 PM »

Goooo Dana and Snoops!

Boo-hiss everyone else!

T8MML

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2007, 03:33:16 PM »

Hi Jen - from Aruba to the "Vic" - wow your life is one never ending round of exotic places!!!!

Gl to Jeff Kimber, Tommy Dunwoodie and of  course the Beagle

Tim

if the snow is yellow - don't eat it!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: