blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 01:32:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272627 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Bluesquare.com GUKPT London - Day 1A - Interactive
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bluesquare.com GUKPT London - Day 1A - Interactive  (Read 25480 times)
Mango99
Donk King

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2007, 03:35:47 PM »

Lots of people I'd like to win from today's field, but I'd like to see Dan Carter and Paul King do particularly well Smiley
dino1980
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2007, 03:39:18 PM »

Any updates on Dan 'lucky scrote' Carter appeciated, tyty.
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2007, 03:41:33 PM »

Passing Dan Carter's table, and he says as the cards are dealt, "Hang on, I've got Aces here..." He limped as did Richard Grace, and blinds Paul Murrell and Marc Lousky.
Flop: two spades   Small blind Murrell bet out 275, called by Lousky.  Grace then raised to 900 - over to last to act Dan Carter, who pondered for a minute before re-raising to 2,500.  Three instafolds later and another pot to the Kid.  "Nice flop for Aces," he continues, despite the fact that that wasn't what he held at all.

Any guesses as to the real hand?

dino1980
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2007, 03:46:04 PM »

Passing Dan Carter's table, and he says as the cards are dealt, "Hang on, I've got Aces here..." He limped as did Richard Grace, and blinds Paul Murrell and Marc Lousky.
Flop: two spades   Small blind Murrell bet out 275, called by Lousky.  Grace then raised to 900 - over to last to act Dan Carter, who pondered for a minute before re-raising to 2,500.  Three instafolds later and another pot to the Kid.  "Nice flop for Aces," he continues, despite the fact that that wasn't what he held at all.

A set of twos or sixes?
Mango99
Donk King

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2007, 03:48:22 PM »

34o?
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2007, 03:49:07 PM »

Jeff Kimber looks like he has lost a few jaffacakes, appearing to have around 5k. I was just about to have a quick chat with the Heads Up supremo, when Barry Neville appeared, larger than life and twice as ugly, guzzling the hot buffet.

"ere, you gotta try t'chicken, it's luoovly". I accede to the request happily and can confirm that indeed the hot buffet being handed round amongst players and thieving press members such as myself, is immensely tasty. Congrats to the Vic catering staff.

As you may have guessed from my inane culinary ramblings I am somewhat short on interesting poker details.

Just to bring you up to date there are 113 players remaining out of the initial 130/131 (one player is likely to be removed shortly for non-appearance) and the current level is 50 100. Average stack is at 11,600

Dana and Snoops both remain in, ahead of the current average.

I join snoops for a quick chat. He looks happy following his early double up. Nick Persaud (who is un-bespectacled today) makes a raise and shows AQ. "It's an easy game, if I raise I've got a big ace or a big pair"

"Or 83" adds Snoopy laconically to a few chuckles....

Here we see the lens-less Nikhil Persaud...

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
RobS

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2007, 03:49:39 PM »

A set of twos or sixes?

62 sooooted  Shocked
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2007, 04:04:15 PM »

I was wandering around, looking for interesting tables yet bemoaning the fact I couldn't find an interesting hand, when Sharplea, one of the other updaters tapped me on the shoulder to tell me to stop looking gormless and cover Snoopy's ALLIN!

Yes, you heard me right, blonde's own busy beagle had found all his chips in the middle at this early stage.

It looked as though most of the action occurred on the river of a three clubs board. With about 2k in the pot the river action seemed to have gone, Snoopy had bet 1.5k, his opponent who i believe was Lam Trihn, raised this to 3.5k and snoopy pushed the rest of his chips into the pot which I would guess was about another 5k or so.....

Lam thought for ages, looked uncomfortable, and ultimately made the call. An impassive, headphoned snoopy, showed AT quietly for the nuts, whilst a headshaking Lam flashed either QT or KT for the 2nd nut straight. A nice early result for Snoopy who must be close to the 20k  mark! Keep up Dana he may be thinking (this is idle speculation on my part of course!)

Nh hand snoops. Though im not sure about the call here, snoops surely only ever has a10 here. Im sure he flat calls a re raise on the river here with the bare 10.
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2007, 04:18:51 PM »

Barny Boatman has bitten the dust. After his near big result, and cash in Barcelona, he was an unfortunate victim of mateyboy...

Holding 66 on a 6 A x A flop and turn, Barny pushed allin and his optimistic opponent called with....not the Ace as expected but QQ?

A dagger-to-heart-like queen on the river though, gave him the higher full house and sent the unfortunate mobster spiralling out of the tournament.

The players are enjoying a short break now and the atmosphere is convivial as players enjoy the lovely buffet and swap funny stories with each other.

I suspect that given a few days of climbing the umpteen flights of stairs between card room and press room, I will have calves like an olympic sprinter and will thus be resigning as a blonde updater to become a professional sock model.

Here is the first photo of my future CV. All suggestions welcome....

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2007, 04:18:58 PM »

Hi Jen - from Aruba to the "Vic" - wow your life is one never ending round of exotic places!!!!

Gl to Jeff Kimber, Tommy Dunwoodie and of  course the Beagle

Tim

Hi there - hope you enjoyed your extended holiday.  My tan has already faded to an inconsequential yellowish colour.  But you give me the perfect excuse to put up a picture from Aruba.  Here it is.

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2007, 04:20:26 PM »

I was wandering around, looking for interesting tables yet bemoaning the fact I couldn't find an interesting hand, when Sharplea, one of the other updaters tapped me on the shoulder to tell me to stop looking gormless and cover Snoopy's ALLIN!

Yes, you heard me right, blonde's own busy beagle had found all his chips in the middle at this early stage.

It looked as though most of the action occurred on the river of a three clubs board. With about 2k in the pot the river action seemed to have gone, Snoopy had bet 1.5k, his opponent who i believe was Lam Trihn, raised this to 3.5k and snoopy pushed the rest of his chips into the pot which I would guess was about another 5k or so.....

Lam thought for ages, looked uncomfortable, and ultimately made the call. An impassive, headphoned snoopy, showed AT quietly for the nuts, whilst a headshaking Lam flashed either QT or KT for the 2nd nut straight. A nice early result for Snoopy who must be close to the 20k  mark! Keep up Dana he may be thinking (this is idle speculation on my part of course!)

Nh hand snoops. Though im not sure about the call here, snoops surely only ever has a10 here. Im sure he flat calls a re raise on the river here with the bare 10.

My thoughts exactly at the time. A difficult but very make-able laydown.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2007, 04:25:19 PM »

A couple of selected chip updates before we get the full whack courtesy of the wonderful Raabian Break Counting System:

Adam Stoneham -- 8,800
Alex Martin -- 12,350
Matt Tyler -- 22,000
Snoopy -- 16,750
Jeff Kimber -- 7,050
Michael Greco -- 13,700
Marc Goodwin -- 12,800
Dave Colclough -- 9,700
Paul King -- 9,525
Jeffrey Rogers -- 19,000
JP Kelly -- 21,500
Paul Gourlay -- 8,200

I hope we've got all your prior requests here - please let us know if there's anyone else you'd like us to keep a look out for.

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2007, 04:28:31 PM »

picture of my 2.5% Alex Martin please and hopefully his 20k stack.

Alex is on 12,450 at the break...

Here is a picture of him enjoying himself playing poker...

Incidentally Rick, can you lend me $2,000 on stars please? I have 5$ ready to ship.....

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2007, 04:29:13 PM »

Big pot for Nik Persaud:  His opponent - Nicholas Cherbanich, who was in the cutoff vs. Persaud on the button, on a board of .  There was already about 6k in the pot (which is what draws updaters like free coffee)...and now check to Nik who bets 3k.  Pretty fast call.
River: .  Bit of a dwell from Cherbanich, who then asks, "Can you beat two pair?"
"Have you checked?" rejoinders Nik.
"I was asking can you beat two pair..." Pause. "Check."
Nik moves all in for his last remaining 3,275.  Back to Cherbanich who thinks for a while longer before deciding that Nik wouldn't risk it with nothing, and passes.

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2007, 04:30:12 PM »

SNOOPS & DANA - ONE TIME!!!!

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: