blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:45:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Meh live poker.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Meh live poker.  (Read 1157 times)
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« on: October 17, 2007, 07:22:28 AM »

GUKPT Vic, just been moved to new table. Stack 28k. Blinds 400/800 50 ante. Image n/a wrt button raiser. Table- all above ave.

Sorry %ages, i fked up 2 big hands that i think i would prolly play exactly the same again. 1st 1 was not v Jeff Kimber as reported but against some ramdon shortie, if it was jeff i call faster.

Hand 1. I raise to 1800 @ 300/600 25ante with 66 from mp. Flat called by loose septic on my left with a propensity for calling pre with weak dominated hands. Image is slag having been involved in lots of pots recently. BB decides to jam fo 8k. I call after a shot think. Results at bottom. All opinions welcome. Results at bottom.

Hand 2. Tell me where i went wrong with this hand. 1st hand of new table. M8boy on a new table raise my blind to 2400 @ 400/800 on the button, i find AQs and have no read on this chap whatsoever and ask the Q rr to 7.5 he jams i pass. I have 28k start of hand. Mistake? Should i fold? Key hand and iv been told by several senior poker folk this is an easy pass with "my stack" (like im here to protect a medium stack). All opinions gd or bad please let me know. Posting on ha board also.

Hand 1. He has KK and wins. My thoughts were that im getting slightly better than 2-1 and v his range im goodish there. Possibly i find better spots in smaller pots esp gd image.

Hand 2. He shows AA after i pass. My thinking was during the hand that i wanted to send a message of im here to play to the table and that v a "normal" players range AQs is deffo strong enough to rr pre here and take 1st shot @ flop if it doesnt get through. I hate flat calling here and maintaining his initiative. Given the stacks is this a pass? I need strong evidence if otherwise.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2007, 10:39:56 AM »

Hand 1 what is your stack start of hand? What sort of player is BB?  Despite getting 2-1 is his range that wide? Whilst you might be racing two overs its just as likely you are dominated by any pair above yours. I pass

Hand 2 Pass, you did nothing wrong, rr a button raise and pass to a push there leaving yourself a playable stack

If I may say so, from reading your blog and comments on here..you seemed inordinately bothered by getting a big stack in this event, not getting pushed around etc etc and perhaps this overly influenced some of your decisions eg Hand 1.

Admirable intentions but nothing wrong with patience too. Looked like, from afar, you were in a rush all day to me.

(Honest critique as a mate, hope you accept that)

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2007, 12:12:34 PM »

I'd have played both hands identically. (There is no bigger insult).

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
M3boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2007, 12:23:20 PM »

I'd have played both hands identically. (There is no bigger insult).

MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2007, 01:22:36 PM »

I think TightEnd's comments are spot on. You put in a raise with the 6's to find out where your hand stands in the scheme of things and you get a flat-call and a push. There's the answer to your question. To now call with another player to act behind seems indicitive of someone who doesn't want to be pushed around. But the 6's CAN be pushed around. The bb has seen a raise and a call in front and still pushes...so you will be racing at best, but more likely you will be dominated. Here you call in-spite of the information.

Second hand is played well imo. However, considering it's the first hand at a new table you again want to take the dominant role in the pot right away. While calling is not the best play most of the time the first hand at a new table may allow this to be justified. Here you fold because of the information and so it's a better play.

I think the best tournament poker is played like the Brazilian football team. Kind of a quick, quick, slow mentality. The ability to change gears and slow right down for a while is a good attribute to have. With the 6's and this A-Q you have invested around 16k and seen no reward. 16k is going to give you hours of play to find better situations than a small pair all-in call and an A-Q re-raise. However, it is unlucky that on both occasions you have run into big pairs.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2007, 09:28:09 PM »

Unlucky Alex. Well done for getting there tho.

For me i pass the 66, even though he has a wide range, the best you can be is racing and playing players like him is all about patience IMO. Go to war with a Machine Gun not a water pistol lol.

I also pass the AQ 1st hand at a new table, if he's at it then fine, give up the 800 and move onto the next hand. Your good enough to do this and give yourself time to assess the table. Only my opinion... Hope it helps.

See you soon.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2007, 01:44:55 AM »

Hand 2 is a train wreck imo. I'l pm reasons why, dont wanna post it on here.
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2007, 05:33:37 PM »

cheers for opinions kids.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: