blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:28:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272577 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Bluesquare.com Grosvenor Grand Prix: Day 1b Interactive
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bluesquare.com Grosvenor Grand Prix: Day 1b Interactive  (Read 26931 times)
lambor

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2007, 04:08:00 PM »

please give me an update on lam trinh. thank you.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2007, 04:14:25 PM »

After learning of R Bent's untimely exit, I spotted a curious hand involving Midlands player Andy Johnson. Cool as a cucumber in a fridge freezer, Andy re-raised his opponent's 1k bet to 2k on the River of a two spades board. Johnson, who's laid back image, sunglass down, arms lying nonchalantly across the table, reminds me of a cool mafia player you'd expect to see on the Silver screen, evidently has a preceding reputation as a loosey goosey 'any two cards' player, as Mateyboy made the call with two hearts. Andy flipped over and non-surprisingly took the pot down.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2007, 04:16:12 PM »

Going back to Rick Trigg for a second, he tells me that his table is completely insane - three exits already, and the first level not even over. Sad tales of set over two pair, sets against flush draws that hit, and he and his alice band have had to go outside for a smoke to calm themselves down after all the excitement. Here's another photo of his most excellent 'do. It's a little blurry, but I think it really conveys the spirit of his haircut.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 04:39:47 PM by danafish » Logged
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2007, 04:16:46 PM »

please give me an update on Lam Trinh. thank you.

Lam Trinh has been located and spotted during these early stages, although when I last tootled on by, he was passing a few chips over to his neighbour. The board read three clubs and after Lam's 650 bet into a 1,425 pot was called on the Turn, they both checked the two hearts River only for Mateyboy to snap up the pot with . Not a big hit, but a hit nonetheless.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2007, 04:21:32 PM »

Is it just me, or do a lot of Welsh poker players have names ending in 'O'? Anyway, here's another, Marco Clare, following in the Italian-esque 'O' ending footsteps of Roberto Romanello and the like, and possibly being just as active with the chips too. According to Henry 'Swiss Tony' Griffiths, who is watching from the sidelines, Marco is down to 6k and has "lost his head". "He's all over the place now," reports our ringside observer. "I just saw him call 600 with 2-3 of spades."

I'd just like to confirm that Marco hasn't literally lost his head. That would be silly.
lambor

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2007, 04:22:21 PM »

thank you. wish him luck from the family.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2007, 04:23:57 PM »

By hook or by crook, or maybe simply via my spider senses, we have indeed located Mr Jonny Pescod who was requested earlier. He's looking relatively confident in what I assume are new surroundings, but then again I don't think he has been a busy be, his 10k starting stack seeing about as much movement as those peeps who pose as statues in touristy areas.

ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2007, 04:27:31 PM »

Andy Johnson is deffo in the Mallu class of player, not afraid to call any sized bets with 7 2 off.
Has a lot of success with it too.
Is that chief second chippy from day 1a?

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2007, 04:39:00 PM »

snoopy & Dana

Can you wish all the welsh lads all the best please

Dewio

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

luckyblind

Why did I call myself lucky?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2007, 04:40:17 PM »

Hi Guys, Can you keep an eye on Nick Risdale for me. Cheers.

Mike

D 4 Events - Deepstack & Short-Handed Poker Festivals across Europe. €500 main events with €300 & €200 Side Events.

Great Structures, Fantastic Venues, Affordable entry fees.

PM for more info.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2007, 04:40:19 PM »

Other news is that Chris Bruce is down to about 5k, though not sure how. He doesn't really look like he wants to talk about it.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2007, 04:42:37 PM »

According to my source, who, admittedly, is only Michael Butlin from Blue Square (he drinks way too many Cheeky Vimtos to make a reliable source), Kevin O'Leary is the wrong side of his starting stack after his flopped straight with 2-3 on an A-5-4 board was out-gunned by A-4 which inevitably made a full house. Fortunately for the multi-colour-haired-younger-than-he-looks South Londonder (did you know he was ID-ed in Vegas when me and Jen got in?  Smiley), he had plenty of chips to soak up the beat.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2007, 04:42:41 PM »

snoopy & Dana

Can you wish all the welsh lads all the best please

Dewio

Dewi! No problem, we'll get them do an announcement over the tannoy. Smiley
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2007, 04:43:30 PM »

Andy Johnson is deffo in the Mallu class of player, not afraid to call any sized bets with 7 2 off.
Has a lot of success with it too.
Is that chief second chippy from day 1a?

Yep, that's him. You a fan? Good player?
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2007, 04:45:16 PM »

thank you. wish him luck from the family.

Hi. I have passed on the message. Lam is currently on 10k with the blinds now rising to 50/100.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: