blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:00:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Bluesquare.com Grosvenor Grand Prix: Day 1b At A Glance
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bluesquare.com Grosvenor Grand Prix: Day 1b At A Glance  (Read 12378 times)
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2007, 06:50:50 PM »

Richard Ashby is OUT. Clearly enchanted by the swirling hypnotic locks of Rick Trigg, Ashby pushed his shortstack in with but found himself up against Action Man's , both players seemingly hesitant to reveal until Ashby finally confessed, "Yeah, you're in good shape."

A three diamonds two spades board was a no go for Ashby who rises from his seat in defeat and quietly trundles out of the cardroom.

----------

Nick Gibson's stack has been bisected in half after his flopped full house was runner runnered by a bigger full house.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2007, 06:58:33 PM »

Mickey Wernick is OUT, amazingly.

I'm guessing that he and Mad Turk were on the blinds, as Mickey was holding 7-5 and Turk was holding, er, 7-2. Anyway, the flop comes with both remaining Sevens and some sort of blank on it, and there is a Flurry (technical term) of betting.

The turn is similarly a blank, and Mickey goes all in for his remaining 2.6k. Turk calls, and the river comes down the cruel Deuce.

Mickey is very unhappy about all this. He says that Mad Turk couldn't have put him on anything but a Seven, in which case he should have folded, knowing that he was outkicked, but instead Mickey has been kicked out. Of the tournament. No Mickey! No Mickey!
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2007, 07:00:36 PM »

Blinds 100/200, 92 left in of 107 starters, average chips 11,600. I think we get to break for dinner after this level, too. Smiley
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2007, 07:04:37 PM »

Poor fluey Alan Armitage has not cheered up, he's in fact just taken a massive hit to his previously-pleasantly-almost-doubled-up stack, courtesy of Nick Risdale.

All in at some point towards the flop or turn, I believe, Alan's was no match for Nick's  on the three clubs board, and he's now back down to a starting-esque 9.2k, while Risdale is on around 18k. Back to Russia!
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2007, 07:20:50 PM »

On the Grand Prix scrapheap are:

Glynn Rees
M Moore
K Zarandi
R Fleissner
K Simcock
Yilfer Shvket
A Erd
Marco Clare
Stephen Lennon

---------

Mark Lowe is so low that he is actually on zero and therefore out. GUKPT finalist Jonothon Butters (yes, three 'o's, it's not a typo) was the assassin, his too much for Mark's to handle on a board. No club or Jack meant Mark was toast rather than Butters, the latter climbing to circa 20k as a result.

---------

He may look 14, but JP Kelly has a calculated poker brain and one that came into good effect as he justifiably slowplayed his flopped full house.

The flop itself actually read with Chao Li's 1.5k bet being called in two places, the other being Dave Clark.

Everyone checked the Turn before JP Kelly's all-in on the River with was understandably called by Li's , the latter probably might relieved not to be up against a bigger stack.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2007, 07:30:13 PM »

Ian Woodley is OUT.

He was getting a bit short, and found himself holding on a Queen-high, two-club flop, so he check-raised his opponent, who duly called. He missed the turn, but was pot-committed and pushed, and was insta-called by his opponent who, pretty predictably, had A-Q. No club on the river either, and you can't see the Woodley for the Queens, or some similarly weak pun, and he's gone. Doesn't seem too upset, though. Not sure if it's a cheery disposition all round or hysteria. I hope not hysteria.

S Pearson and J Biedak have both been eliminated from the tournament.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 07:40:25 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2007, 08:38:39 PM »

JP Kelly has been eliminated from the comp. According to former sponsor Jonathan Raab, "He was involved in a 5-way pot and found his 7 high was no good."

My spider sense inform me that he was very low at the time.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2007, 09:05:11 PM »

Michael Arnold -- 8,850
Danny Rudd -- 15,675
Chao Li -- 10,100
Dave Clark -- 17,200
Jeff Burke -- 14,325
Dave Penly -- 3,900
Mick Fletcher -- 27,400
Stuart Rutter -- 12,000
Tom McCready -- 7,525
Martin Green -- 25,425
Chris Bruce -- 18,000
Rick Trigg -- 10,500
Kevin O'Leary -- 11,900
Andrew Bradshaw -- 16,500
Roberto Romanello -- 9,000
Paul Parker -- 20,500
Michael Greco -- 16,850
Jonothon Butters -- 18,825
Andy Johnson -- 27,175
Dave Clark Jnr -- 4,425
Steve Jelinek -- 3,950
Gordon McArthur -- 5,600
Willie Tann -- 13,000
Nick Gibson -- 18,825
Dean Mitchell -- 5,100
Dave Knight -- 12,275
Yucel Eminoglu -- 23,500
Van Maden -- 14,550
Ash Pervais -- 6,700
Ben Callinan -- 7,500
Dan Owston -- 7,325
Dave Welch -- 8,500
Thomas Dunwoodie -- 11,275

OUT:

T Owens
N Shellard
Lam Trinh
Frode Gjesdal
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2007, 09:15:07 PM »

Kevin O'Leary has won a giant hand, knocking out one Mr Matey Boy. I believe pocket Aces were involved, with Mr Boy holding Q-T, with a Queen, a Ten and an Ace somewhere on the board. Kevin now has over 30k. Here he is, competing with Rick Trigg for Most Unusual Hairdo Of The Day. Not that I can talk. Someone called me over to ask if I was just taking pictures of Mr O'Leary for colour comparison purposes with my own 'do. Huff.

Rick Trigg, incidentally, is still hovering around the slightly-above-his-starting-stack region, although I swear every time I walk past him he's nicking someone's blinds.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2007, 09:20:46 PM »

Nick Risdale has lost a chunky pot to the gent below, calling his shortstack all-in with  . Mr Shortstack was holding .

Board - 8-2-T-5-A

"Pfft," says Mr Shortstack when the Ace comes down, and is already trying to leave when someone points out to him that he's hit a set. Oops. Nick Risdale doesn't look very happy about any of this. He's on about 13.5k now.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 09:28:12 PM by danafish » Logged
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2007, 09:26:22 PM »

Talking of side events, there is a stupidly crazy-large cash game going on, 6-card Omaha I believe or something similarly odd, that is attracting a bit of an audience owing to the fact that no flop has been seen without thousands on the table. I understand that Richard Ashby is cleaning up.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2007, 09:51:18 PM »

Double up for Andrea Buzzigoli, an Italian currently residing in England, as his A-J versus K-J on a Jack high flop is enough to see him rise to 10k.

----------

In what was a smaller pot than it looked, Charles Denton has been eliminated from the comp leaving last year's finalist Anthony Adderley to scoop up a 20k pot.

A Flop was sprawled across the board, and Denton had moved all-in for 1.7k. He was called in two places though, one of whom was Adderley.

On the Turn, it all went loosey goosey as Adderley and Mateyboy pushed all their chips across the line.

On their backs:

Adderley =

Denton =

Mateyboy =

The River was the and Adderley's straight took the pot.

"You're not going to put that hand up are you?" inquired Anthony.

"Well, it wouldn't be a very good update if we didn't report hands," I replied.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 10:33:02 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2007, 10:04:18 PM »

Steve Jelinek has doubled up with Jacks v Aces. On the turn of an board, Steve's forehead hits the felt, and he only peeks up when he hears his tablemates' "ooh, that'll cost you" plumber-like gasps at the on the river.

I'm still a little hazy on who everyone at these events is, so I ask him his name. "Steve Jelinek," he says, "That's J-E-L-I-N-E-K. Also known as Fish - F-I-S-H."
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2007, 10:31:04 PM »

Red Dog called me over to let me know that Dave Penly had gone holding Q-T on a Q-Q-T flop - my brain ached at trying to work it out, so he went on to explain that Aces had called and hit another Ace on the turn. Painful.

---------

G Sharpe is also out. He was snipered down by Mohammed Ghani who held A-K on a Q-6-A-8-J board. Sharpe had A-T for a flopped flush draw, but to no avail as the Turn and River were both the wrong colour.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 10:37:40 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2007, 10:32:03 PM »

R Ellis and Dave Welch may be zipping down the M6 with a look of disgruntlement plastered across their faces, but this man, Mohammed Hussain is still in. A regular around these parts, MZ Hussain is a true under-the-radar player and will always be there or there about come spondoolies time. Not surprisingly (honestly, this guy is never out early), Mr Hussain is still present in this year's Grand Prix, and just won a nice meaty of pot off Andy Johnson and T Alskett  the latter of which becoming the latest departure.

A Flop lay on the felt, and after the all-iner had been called by Hussain and Johnson, the two locals saw a Turn before checking down the two hearts River.

Johnson looked like a beaten man, but Hussain, however, perked up in his seat and asked his all-in opponent if he held a flush. When the answer was negative (although it could have been a full house), Hussain announced a straight and turned over to take the pot. Mr T Alskett, meanwhile, flipped for just the one pair and rose from his chair in defeat.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: