blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:20:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Bluesquare.com Grosvenor Grand Prix: Day 1b At A Glance
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bluesquare.com Grosvenor Grand Prix: Day 1b At A Glance  (Read 12379 times)
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« on: October 26, 2007, 04:53:15 AM »

Play for Day 1B is scheduled to commence at 3pm. Only posts from the updaters will appear on this thread. If you would like to interact with the updates and see all the info beyond just big hands, exits and whatnot, then please visit our interactive update by clicking the following link:

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?board=2.0
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2007, 03:55:21 PM »

Hi everyone! I'm afraid we have no player list today. I mean, we do, but it looks like someone accidentally hit the Randomize button or today is musical chairs day or something because no-one seems to be sitting where the player list says they should be. This is a shame because I've seen some huge pots already and I have absolutely no idea who was involved in them. Sigh. Welcome back, Mateyboy. We've missed you. So for the time being I shall just tell you that I have witnessed Mr Paul Parker, resplendent in pink paisley number, take down a pot with a bet of 700 on a two spades board. I have also had a slightly depressed-sounding Willie Tann dolefully enquiring as to when there's going to be a break, not 10 minutes into the first level. I feel for you, Willie. I really do. I have also witnessed the astounding spectacle that is Rick Trigg's barnet. Photos very, very definitely to follow.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2007, 03:57:28 PM »

As always seems to be the case, it doesn't take long to experience our first exit, and that unfortunate wooden spoon man is G Grime who exited with mumbles of Kings versus Queens. I'm no Miss Marple, but my guess would be that those darn Ladies had a threesome somewhere on the board to send Mr Grime packing. Still, he gets £100 for his troubles. Only in the World Series can you come 200 and something and still go home with a cash prize.

And we're another man down, this time the recipient of the door shutting behind him is Ben Dong (I was so hoping his first name was Ding). With Richard Ashby betting the streets of a two hearts board, including the River where he pushed all-in for around 3k, Dong made a reluctant call only to be shown a superior (I imagine, he mucked) pair of Queens. Doesn't seem massive, but it was good enough to send a disgruntled Dong hurling over to the rail.

R Bent is also out.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 04:10:24 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2007, 04:16:30 PM »

Going back to Rick Trigg for a second, he tells me that his table is completely insane - three exits already, and the first level not even over. Sad tales of set over two pair, sets against flush draws that hit, and he and his alice band have had to go outside for a smoke to calm themselves down after all the excitement.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2007, 04:20:59 PM »

Other news is that Chris Bruce is down to about 5k, though not sure how. He doesn't really look like he wants to talk about it.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2007, 04:49:35 PM »

I was passing by Paul Parker's table when his shirt caught my eye, and I happened to notice that he was involved in a hand at the time. The board read and Mateyboy had bet 725. Paul Parker thought about it and raised another 1500. "If you raise all in I'll pass," he said helpfully. Mateyboy was clearly considering it, but called instead.

Mr Parker - Two Clubs

Mr Boy -

"I would have passed if you'd raised," reiterated Mr Parker, but I'm not convinced that that's true...
« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 04:52:39 PM by danafish » Logged
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2007, 04:55:21 PM »

Mr Barnet Rick Trigg is on around 13k. I saw him take some chips off a Matey with 9-J against Matey's K-T on an board.

Meanwhile King Of The Shortstack Mickey Wernick is heading towards his comfort zone, having somehow lost about half his starting stack already.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2007, 05:01:16 PM »

According to my source, who, admittedly, is only Michael Butlin from Blue Square (he drinks way too many Cheeky Vimtos to make a reliable source), Kevin O'Leary is the wrong side of his starting stack after his flopped straight with 2-3 on an A-5-4 board was out-gunned by A-4 which inevitably made a full house. Fortunately for the multi-colour-haired-younger-than-he-looks South Londonder (did you know he was ID-ed in Vegas when me and Jen got in?  Smiley), he had plenty of chips to soak up the beat.

------------

I don't know if he's fully Welsh, pseudo Welsh, or merely a visitor in those parts, but Harpit Grunham has been the last to depart, although a consolatory £100 thickening his lining.

Meanwhile, I did spot Danny Rudd, and a photo will indeed be on the way shortly. The Ruddster, or UpTheMariners as he more commonly known on the blonde forum, is currently on the 8.5 to 9k mark, so he's still there.

-------------

Sibling of Lalit, Chandra Khajuria is now out of today's pool after clashing with Luton GUKPT victor Dave Clark. All-in with versus on a Flop, the Turn and River were of no use to the still chirpy Londoner as he made his way to the yet to be jam-packed rail.

Clark now on over 20k.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 05:19:51 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2007, 05:07:50 PM »

Gordon MacArthur -- 9375.

Nick Risdale -- 7.7k

----------

Popular Welshman 'David' Dan Owston is up to a mammoth-at-this-stage 22k after his set of Jacks on a Jack high Flop survived against A-J. "But why survived?" I hear you cry. "He's miles ahead." Well, not when the board is all hearts with Mateyboy holding the Ace of hearts. Fortunately for Dan, no heart came and his opponent was forced to eat dust.

----------

Recent exits:

Jon Hewston
N Rutter
Alan Dean
Greek Jack

---------

Jon Hewston departed at the hands of Chris Bruce, the J-9-4 Flop seeing the chips fly in with Jon's 5-4 ahead against Chris's Q-T. But a Brucie Bonus on the Turn in the form of a straight-making 8 sealed Hewston fate.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 05:50:06 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2007, 05:24:50 PM »

By the way, Mr Paul Pink Paisley Parker is on around 20k.

-----------

That break sure was bubbling with updates, Chris Bruce being another player to retell his poker anecdotes. Apparently, he was running quite well at one point, but has dropped down to 8k after taking a butchering from 'Fred Elliot' doppelganger Jeff Burke.

Limping pre-flop with 5-6, Chris hit a magic 2-3-4 Flop, which he duly slowplayed by smooth calling a 200 bet. Come the turn, he bet out 2,500, but was called by former debt collector Jeff. A on the River made a flush possible, which was enough to trigger an all-in from Jeff Burke for 5k. After mulling over his options, Chris folded his straight adding, "He moved all-in, what could I do" only to be shown Pocket Tens. "I was planning to push all-in whatever the River," claimed Jeff.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 06:08:54 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2007, 05:51:31 PM »

News from the Smoking Section ("Car Park") in the break now.

Bumped into Alan Armitage. He says he's not feeling that great, recovering from the twin setbacks of the flu and a trip to Russia to watch the football. He's nevertheless upped his stack to about 18k.

Also ran into Gordon MacArthur, who's moving in the upwards direction from his last chip count, currently sitting on an almost-exactly-even 9.9k. As his fans may remember, he came 17th last year, and is hoping to improve on that, although he's only paid £200 to get himself here today so he's pretty much a winner either way. Pretty much.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2007, 06:16:53 PM »

Paul Parker takes a decent-sized pot off of Michael Greco on a Q-J-x flop. Greco folds a Queen face up, and Parker turns over a Queen too, this one with an Ace.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2007, 06:18:44 PM »

Nick Risdale fans - he seems to have clawed back a few chips. He's currently on about 10.6k.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2007, 06:25:27 PM »

Mickey Wernick is now very firmly in his Happy Place. Having somehow dropped down to 3k or so, he moved in preflop and found a caller in Yucel "Mad Turk" Eminoglu.

Mickey -

Mad Turk - Two Clubs two hearts

Flop - okay...

Turn - two spades noooo!

but wait

River -

Phew. Mickey still in, still well below average. Go Mickey! Go Mickey!
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2007, 06:39:32 PM »

Mohammed Hussain -- 20,000
Michael Greco -- 11,250
Jonny Pescod -- 9,550
Dave Penly -- 8,675
Mick Fletcher -- 15,225
Lam Trinh -- 11,250
Stuart Rutter - dirty stack
Tom McCready -- 6,725
Richard Ashby -- 3,875