blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:45:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Bluesquare.com Grosvenor Grand Prix: Day 2 Interactive
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bluesquare.com Grosvenor Grand Prix: Day 2 Interactive  (Read 20206 times)
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2007, 03:52:12 PM »

Ash Hussain moves table. Says Danny the dealer, "You're on the big blind now so you get to play a hand."

He's now next to Lawrence Gosney, who announces, "Listen boys, there's 60 of us left, how about we take 5 grand a piece and f*** off out of this town?" There is some tittering, but no-one takes him up on it.

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2007, 03:53:25 PM »

Contrary to earlier reports, Michael Arnold is still in. Still, er, plastered. Here he is.

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2007, 03:54:26 PM »

Mr Karl Mahrenholz for you, ladies and gentlemen. He doesn't look that well, to be honest.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2007, 04:12:34 PM »

Soxy news...

In a four way pot, Soxy bets out 3k with A-Q on an board starting off a chain of events. One player moved all-in behind him for around 13k, another player dwelt before folding, the third, on the button flat-called the all-in and Soxy dwelt to the point where he had the clock put on him. Eventually he passed, the all-in showing A-Q also, but the button held a set of nines, though the fourth player in the hand had the flush draw which would've hit.

"It was the flat call that scared me..." said Chris.

Ashfag Ahmed had doubled up in style, Andrew Bradshaw had raised from the button with and was very much liking the three clubs board that gave him two overs, a gutshot and a flush draw. The problem was that Ahmed had called with, yup, , for the flopped straight. As the turn and river came and , Bradshaw was left repeatedly muttering, "I can't get away, I can't get away..."

rudders

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2007, 04:16:23 PM »

say a big good luck to blondes sweepstr- aka Dylan herbert. Also fellow taffies such as roberto et al

great updates as ever guys

Blonde Roshambo champion 2007
Buck Pete

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2007, 04:25:26 PM »

He's now next to Lawrence Gosney, who announces, "Listen boys, there's 60 of us left, how about we take 5 grand a piece and f*** off out of this town?" There is some tittering, but no-one takes him up on it.
Grin

Sat at a table with Lawrence in the Irish Poker Championships earlier this year. A straight talking fella who i suspect is not to everyones tastes. But i liked him.

Had to swap tables with him prior to the GBPT in Leeds and though "Oh no, he's gonna give me pure grief"

He remembered me from ireland, shook my hand and wished me good luck. Nice fella

Incidentally, i sat in Lawrence's seat and got dealt AA. Fell in love with them and got busted by 74o.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2007, 04:25:37 PM »

say a big good luck to blondes sweepstr- aka Dylan herbert. Also fellow taffies such as roberto et al

great updates as ever guys

Just been involved in a hand with Willie Tann, he raised it up to 3,600 from early position. Willie made it 8,400 more with around 20k back.

"I've played this hand exactly the way you said I should yesterday!" said Dylan.

Willie then admitted he couldn't remember what hand it must be, but offered that since both had around the same amount of chips that if they did both get their stacks in the middle, whoever won the hand should give the other 2% of their action. Eventually though, Dylan decided that discretion was the better part of valour and folded.

Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2007, 04:26:06 PM »

Soxy news...

In a four way pot, Soxy bets out 3k with A-Q on an board starting off a chain of events. One player moved all-in behind him for around 13k, another player dwelt before folding, the third, on the button flat-called the all-in and Soxy dwelt to the point where he had the clock put on him. Eventually he passed, the all-in showing A-Q also, but the button held a set of nines, though the fourth player in the hand had the flush draw which would've hit.

"It was the flat call that scared me..." said Chris.

good fold?! - not one I am sure I could have made!
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2007, 04:32:59 PM »

A very curious hand here. I wandered over to Table 4, where there was an flop out, and over 30k in the pot. The gentleman in Seat 7, whom I believe to be Mike Lott (pictured below, hand on mouth), had 7.4k left in front of him and was waiting for the Seat 2 gent, Mr P Rodgers, to act. I stand around for a few minutes. Nothing is happening. Eventually Seat 2 snaps, and throws enough chips in to cover Lott.

"Oh dear me," says Lott. There is silence for one of those incredibly sloooooowww minutes. "Well, I know you haven't got T-J. I don't see how I can't be ahead." He still doesn't act though. For a minute or two he looks up at the board displaying the prize structure, for guidance. "Do you have Q-8?" he asks. "Sorry, what? Q-A?" says Rodgers. "I said Q-8," says Lott. "Oh, replies Rodgers. "No." Says Lott, "How about Q-A then?"

Supervisor Danny has now sidled over to the table. "Are updaters allowed to call the clock?" I whisper. It turns out we're not, but Danny has turned up for just that purpose and Lott has one minute to act. He's now guessing every possible hand that Rodgers could have. And then, with maybe 20 seconds to go before his hand is automatically folded, he goes ahead and folds all by himself. He folds face up. And Rodgers shows , for the not-winning hand. Mike Lott is sad now, and very, very short.

Newportlad

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2007, 04:43:42 PM »

Good luck to Dylan Herbert.

Unlucky Heny.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2007, 04:46:32 PM »

While I was watching Andrew Harding take down a pot on a Two Clubs three diamonds flop with a cheeky all-in, Richard Simmonds said hi. He says he regards himself as lucky still to be in, considering that he really hasn't had any hands for quite some time. Does that make him lucky? Or unlucky? I can't tell. Also I think I've broken the coffee machine, it's spitting out slightly yellow water instead of coffee now.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2007, 04:47:33 PM »

Kevin O'Leary is up to 85k, in a re-raised pot, he correctly put his opponent on A-K and called the push on a Q-J-6 board.

Jeff Kimber is OUT, he was almost felted when Andy Johnson min-raised his 7k bet to 14k on a board. Johnson's reputation as a complete crazy play any two cards player worked for him though, as Jeff went for it with , only to find him behind Johnson's and it stayed that way. Crippled, Jeff managed to double up once with against , but then his was no good against Roberto Romanello's .

I Patel is OUT, K-Q into Paul Taylor's A-K.

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2007, 04:49:36 PM »

Current Big Stacks (70k plus) include Ash Hussain, Ashfag "Dana Must Resist The Childish Urge To Call Him Fagash" Ahmed and Antony "Boo babby nwaaahhhhh!" Kennedy.
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2007, 04:56:03 PM »

hi guys, is Sherwood still in?
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2007, 05:01:39 PM »

hi guys, is Sherwood still in?

Yes he is, he has 36k currently.