blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:58:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272607 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Bluesquare.com Grosvenor Grand Prix: Day 2 Interactive
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bluesquare.com Grosvenor Grand Prix: Day 2 Interactive  (Read 20350 times)
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: October 27, 2007, 06:49:53 PM »

Rob Sherwood has doubled up, all in preflop for 19k from the cutoff. Big blind Karl Mahrenholz, eyebrows suddenly reaching skywards at the push from across the table, sort of grins and says, "I might have to apologise in advance for this," as he calls. He turns over . But no apology is necessary, as Rob turns over and the two hearts board changes nothing.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 27, 2007, 06:50:40 PM »

All the action is over on Ash Hussain's table. He raises to 6k, Jonothon Butter's raises the pot whilst a third player moves all-in. Ash passes his Ace King, Butters reveals a pair of Nines, whilst the third player shows Tens. Ash is annoyed at this point, and more so when the first card out is the , but it's followed by the . Only when the Ten and two Kings are pushed up and the dealer announces 'Full House' does Ash suddenly realise he'd have lost.

A couple of hands late and Roberto Romanello raises to 6k from the cut-off, Martin Green calls on the button and Ash calls from the big blind.

Flop:

Ash and Roberto check, Martin bets 12k with into the 19k pot, Ash folds but Roberto can't quite pass and puts Martin in with . Martin calls with a slow-played , which suddenly looks vunerable on the two spades turn, but the river is the . Incidentally Ash had 2-2 and the small blind had Q-7. Somehow, if they had all slowplayed, the betting could've got very interesting on the turn.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 27, 2007, 06:52:19 PM »

Karl Mahrenholz has just knocked out Kevin O'Leary with Aces vs Ace Queen on a Queen high board.

flisby69
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 27, 2007, 06:55:30 PM »

any idea on final position for rick gilby cheers

Dont hit your kids .... Slow play the little buggers
realshady

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 27, 2007, 07:03:01 PM »

any news on m.hussain or cheif plze
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 27, 2007, 07:09:01 PM »

Gooooo on Jim da bookiebasher 

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: October 27, 2007, 07:12:22 PM »

More chips for Amrat Patel, doubling up off of Paul Rodgers. Amrat puts in a fairly chunky bet on the Two Diamonds three clubs flop. "I'll raise," says Paul, and no sooner has he said it then the rest of Amrat's chips are across the line.

Amrat Patel -

Paul Rodgers -

Turn -

River -

Olebode "Buddy Love" Ayegul, who is incidentally grinding by on about 21k, and whose name I now know how to pronounce because I asked him, says to Amrat, "So which do you want? The straight or the flush?" Both will do just fine. Straight flush I might have started to suspect some kind of dark pact though.
realshady

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 27, 2007, 07:13:18 PM »

chip counts plze
delboy28

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 27, 2007, 07:19:58 PM »

Rob Sherwood has doubled up, all in preflop for 19k from the cutoff. Big blind Karl Mahrenholz, eyebrows suddenly reaching skywards at the push from across the table, sort of grins and says, "I might have to apologise in advance for this," as he calls. He turns over . But no apology is necessary, as Rob turns over and the two hearts board changes nothing.
More chips for Amrat Patel, doubling up off of Paul Rodgers. Amrat puts in a fairly chunky bet on the Two Diamonds three clubs flop. "I'll raise," says Paul, and no sooner has he said it then the rest of Amrat's chips are across the line.

Amrat Patel -

Paul Rodgers -

Turn -

River -

Olebode "Buddy Love" Ayegul, who is incidentally grinding by on about 21k, and whose name I now know how to pronounce because I asked him, says to Amrat, "So which do you want? The straight or the flush?" Both will do just fine. Straight flush I might have started to suspect some kind of dark pact though.
its spelt ayegun and pronounced yegun
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 27, 2007, 07:26:16 PM »

Osman Mustanoglu has just doubled through in a blind vs blind spot. Getting it all-in with on an board against the Nines of Ashfag Ahmed, on the turn but then came the Barry Greenstein special.

On the next table, Antony Kennedy, who after a good start today has faltered a bit, has doubled up with Queens against Ace King on a 4-J-4-5-9 board.

With 32 players left, everything has really slowed down, most pots being taken down preflop with only the above two sparks of action in the last twenty minutes or so. People really want to make that jump to the £1,200 payday.

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: October 27, 2007, 07:27:24 PM »

Rob Sherwood has cruelly counterfeited a tablemate holding pocket Threes with his A-3, knocking him out as he did so. He apologised and offered a solemn handshake.
gasman

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 27, 2007, 07:29:43 PM »

c'mon the mantis!
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: October 27, 2007, 07:31:46 PM »

Ashfag Ahmed has knocked out a gent who I think was Martin Green but he was fuming so much as he walked off that I was afraid to ask him his name.

Anyway, the Soon-To-Be-Exiting gent bet the flop, and Ashfag raised maybe 30 or 40k. Exit Man moved in. Call.

Exit Man - 

Ashfag Ahmed -

Turn - and River -

And Exit Man is now complaining about some kind of alleged slowroll. Have to say I didn't really notice one myself, but losing with top two pair can maybe do some funny things to your eyes, I guess.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: October 27, 2007, 07:37:51 PM »

Buddy Love, whose name is in fact Ayegun disregarding my random typo before, and which he told me is pronounced Ah-Ye-Gun, has somehow slipped down to 10.5k. With blinds at 1500/3000, he's going to have to get Ah-Ye-Gunning soon if he's going to get any Love from this tournament. I'll shut up now.

Here he is in happier times, when he had about 20k.

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: October 27, 2007, 07:41:15 PM »

Welsh Heartthrob Roberto Romanello, whose stack has been hovering around the Short mark for a while now, has doubled up. He checks the two spades flop and his opponent bets. He moves in; call.

Opponent -

Roberto - a sneakily slow-played

The un-spadely and three diamonds turn and river mean that Roberto lives to, er, play some more poker.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: