blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:23:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272603 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Pokerstars.com Dublin EPT: Day 1A - Interactive
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pokerstars.com Dublin EPT: Day 1A - Interactive  (Read 38317 times)
busbybhoy

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: October 30, 2007, 10:02:59 PM »

Is it really that boring there tonight?? The pace must be really slow. How many are they playing down to?
littlemissC

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 30, 2007, 10:07:36 PM »

maria Danny Ryan is HOT..well done bird

gooooooo Dave...x
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: October 30, 2007, 10:09:30 PM »

As we creep into the last level of the day, we have lost a popular Frenchman in Pascal Perrault, the Hawaiian shirt-wearing long haired lover from er... not Liverpool, falling at the hands of Belfast's Andy Black, who's been as busy as a bee today. I only caught the end of the hand, but Pascal was all-in on a board of Two Clubs , but quickly called by Black's which I believe only edged into the lead on the River.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: October 30, 2007, 10:10:48 PM »

Is it really that boring there tonight?? The pace must be really slow. How many are they playing down to?

It's not boring, it's just that with less players, you naturally see less action.

This is the last level, about 50 minutes left on the clock.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: October 30, 2007, 10:14:46 PM »

Meanwhile, a more through check of Dave Colclough's stack has revealed it to be 46.5k.
Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: October 30, 2007, 10:28:34 PM »

Just as I decide to follow a qualifer from PKR, Jason Roberton who was doing well, well he is kinda OUT.  A strange hand indeed when he held  on a  board.  Matey boy bet the flop and Jason called.  The turn was a  and mateboy bet out with   

Jason raised all in and the guy made the call, the river was another 10 to knock out Jason.  The even more unfortunate news for Jason was that matey told him after the hand the his friend had just been knocked out and wanted to go him so he threw his chips in so he could get his lift!!  Personally I would hate to hear information like that after getting knocked out in that hand.

neeko

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: October 30, 2007, 10:28:51 PM »

Are the "big name" poker players happier with the smaller field?

Do the likes of Dave C, Andy Black, & Johnny Lodden prefer 220 "good" players or would they rather have the value of the 500+ seat lol-donaments with the added value of more less skilled players but more chance to go out to badly played hands by "inferior" players.

TA
« Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 10:30:28 PM by neeko » Logged

There is no problem so bad that a politician cant make it worse.

http://www.dec.org.uk
Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: October 30, 2007, 10:33:04 PM »

Frenchman Paul Testud just doubled up to 18K with his Kings, courtesy of the 7's of Marcel Baran.

There is only 20 mins left of this 200/400 level and that will be it for the night.  There are 52 remaining players at the moment.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 10:37:40 PM by Chili » Logged

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: October 30, 2007, 10:37:04 PM »

And here is Dave Colclough now. Just to satisfy my curiosity (it killed the cat, not the dog!), I actually managed to have a sneaky peak at Dave's ipod to see what sort of music he was into. I was expecting to find something from the 80s, Ultravox, Human League, Pet Shop Boys and the like, but our Dave is in fact a bit of a punk at heart, maybe even a rebel of sorts, the ipod happily blasting out the Sex Pistols. I think we should pop it onto the jukebox so everyone can hear.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: October 30, 2007, 10:41:13 PM »

Battling El Blondie for the chip lead is Johnny Lodden. Lodden's still hovering around the 50k mark, although he did just pay off a 1.2k bet on a board only yo be shown .

Lodden's another one who has headphones seemingly glued to his noggin. I wonder what he's listening to, anyone want to hazard a a guess. Does he look like a Reggae, Drum and Bass, Rai, Rock n Roll man? Maybe he's into something a bit slower, say the dulcit tones of Barry White or Marvin Gaye. He has the old unbuttoned shirt of Tom Jones ilk, so perhaps that's a clue. It wouldn't be unusual.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 30, 2007, 10:47:41 PM »

Lodden's another one who has headphones seemingly glued to his noggin. I wonder what he's listening to, anyone want to hazard a a guess.

The Breakfast Club soundtrack?

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: October 30, 2007, 10:50:39 PM »

Len Collin has just been all-in for what I believe is the first time. The board read , and Len pushed for 9,075. The recipient of this aggressive move was Daniel Dodet, who quickly donned a tortured expression of someone who simply couldn't make their mind up. A few minutes later, we were still awaiting a decision, and Dodet was still swaying back and forth on what to do. I think at one point, his face even turned red because he was so bamboozled.

After a lengthy pause, he asked his neighbour if he held the Ten, but Len was stoic under questioning, simply ignoring his quizzical foe and looking straight on undeterred. Not long after, Dodet made what appeared to be a very reluctant fold (it was for his tournament life, after all), but his face soon sagged as he was shown for a nice, but still inferior hand. Dodet's contorted face looked like he'd just been pied by one of those annoying clowns - he wasn't a happy chappy.

Nonetheless, Len survives and is almost certain to be returning to day 2 with his head above water.

Dodet, just prior to the encounter.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: October 30, 2007, 10:51:12 PM »

Lodden's another one who has headphones seemingly glued to his noggin. I wonder what he's listening to, anyone want to hazard a a guess.

Is that a popular choice in the Floppy household?
LuckyLloyd

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: October 30, 2007, 10:53:42 PM »

Excellent work as usual folks.

"All glory comes from daring to begin" - Eugene F. Ware.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 30, 2007, 10:57:05 PM »

Is that a popular choice in the Floppy household?

We prefer neo-classical space-rock down here.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: