blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 12:10:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Pokerstars.com Dublin EPT: Day 3 - At A Glance
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pokerstars.com Dublin EPT: Day 3 - At A Glance  (Read 7903 times)
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2007, 05:24:50 PM »

There was a Boeken/Black clash as I accrued chip counts, so ecxluding those two players, here is the current line-up:

Kenneth Hicks -- 153,000
Daan Ruiter -- 249,000
Casper Hansen -- 181,000
Ludovic Lacay -- 318,000
Zaid Kaady -- 128,000
Reuben Peters -- 228,000
Michael Durrer -- 152,000

Annette Obrestad -- 456,000
Thierry Van Den Berg -- 335,000
Tronde Eidsvig -- 155,000
Reijo Manninen -- 63,000
Andy Black -- tbc
Noah Boeken -- tbc
Anders Pettersson -- 117,000

Hip young Flying Dutchman protege Noah Boeken has been sent packing. The man who helped him fill his suitcase was the charismatic Andy Black, whose  in the small blind had big blinder Noah Boeken's in dire straits. Noah pleaded for a Ten on the Flop, but it came to make Noah do the walk of life back to Holland.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 05:29:39 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged
Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2007, 05:49:38 PM »

Talking of Annette just by chance, a fascinating hand developed between Annette & Andy Black.  Annette makes a raise of 16,000 preflop, called by Andy.  The flop was:

three diamonds 

Andy checks to Annette who bets 32,000.  Turn

Andy again checks and Annette bets 28,000.  Andy thinks for a while, talks to Annette, tries to get something from her but no chance.  Annette is absolutely motionless.  You cant see her eyes, her hands are cupping her cards, she will not speak.  Andy eventually forcefully announces call.  The river:

Andy checks again, again "robotically" (thanks jslaso) places 50,500 chips in front of her. Andy doesnt hesitate to call and Annette quickly reveals

for the flopped house.

A momentary silence from Andy Black as 125,000 of his chips are shippped to Annette Obrestad, the silence doesn't last long as Andy says "I hit the straight" somewhat winded.  Personally, I don't see Andy rivering a straight here, his body language was saying not, but today I am just the reporter.....

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2007, 06:07:36 PM »

In what was a rather uneventful table in which Casper and Ludovic were leading the way in the blind stealing stakes, American Kenneth Hicks Junior has fallen at the Dutch hands of Daan Ruiter in 13th place.

Raising it up from the small blind with , Kenneth was quickly called by Ruiter leading to a rare two hearts Flop.

As expected, Kenneth made a continuation bet, to the sum of 22k, but, again, was swiftly smooth called by Ruiter.

Upon seeing the Turn, Kenneth opted to change his battle plan and check to see what Ruiter would do.

Whether this was a surprise or not, Ruiter pushed all-in leaving Kenneth with a difficult decision for all his chips, the total of which must have been around the 90k mark.

After rubbing his forehead in confusion, huffing and puffing gently to himself and offering his neighbour and quick suspicious glance, Kenneth decided that his middling pair was in front and announced call.

However, to his chagrin, Ruiter confidently flipped over meaning that Kenneth was drawing to two outs.

A blank Two Clubs on the River and it was all over for our across-the-pond vistor who becomes the latest casualty of this fast-paced Day 3.
Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2007, 06:14:13 PM »

Another exit to speak about, a little way into Level 19.  Ziad Kaady found himself low on about 70,000 and pushed preflop with KQ, he was called by Michael Durrer with AK.  So Kaady eliminated in 12th place.

We are a little into level 19
blinds 4,000 / 8,000   1,000ante
average 301,400
11 players remain

------------

Tronde Eidsvig has doubled up courtesy of a depleted Andy Black who has slipped back a few steps to 320k.

All-in on the Flop.

Tronde =

Andy =

Board = two spades three diamonds
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 06:30:34 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged

Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2007, 06:44:46 PM »

I arrived at the table of Ludovic Lacay when he called the all in of Daan Ruitter AK with 44, a King came on the river to give the 330,000 pot to Durrer and leave Lacay with just over 100,000.   The next hand Lacay is all in with A10 against Ruitter's JJ, a Jack on the river was irrelevant though knocking out Ludovic Lacay in 11th place.

Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2007, 06:51:20 PM »

Another amazing hand involving Andy Black and sb bb confrontation.  Manninen raised from the small blind with  and Andy called the extra with  .  The flop was

two spades  then sadly I went to the all in of Lacay.  I returned to find the turn was

and all the money of Manninen was in the middle.  I'm sorry I cannot say who put the chips in first, but either way Manninen's tournament was on the line and Andy Black was left with only 100,000 left behind.

The cards were on their backs and the pointless  on the river meant Manninen doubled to over 300,000 and Andy left nursing a small small stack.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2007, 06:51:44 PM »

"I must be the sickest player in the world," confesses Andy Black much to the amusement, and agreement, of the onlooking crowd.

Seemingly in familiar blow-up mode that has plagued him in a handful of tournaments, Andy Black makes what looks like an inevitable tilt raise to 21k from the cut-off and is called by Anders Pettersson on the button and Tronde Eidsvig in the big, the small blind's Annette Obrestad resisting the cut price and taking a back seat.

With Tronde checking in the dark on an Two Diamonds Flop, Andy announced all-in quicker than a cow in a butchers and swiftly shoveled in his remaining 71k commenting, if I heard correctly, "I'm semi-bluffing" in the process. Anders begrudgingly sidestepped out of the way leaving the decision on the shoulders of a perplexed Tronde, clearly aware of Andy's current state of mind.

Sitting back on his chair and nonchalantly sipping on his bottle of pop, Tronde took one look at his more senior opponent and slid a column of brown chips across the felt. In a flash and knowing that he'd successfully coaxed his foe into a call, Black revealed a winning three clubs, his reward was an inferior from Tronde. A Turn and River later and Andy was back in business, bowing to the spectators like the showman that he is and declaring, "I was just messing around with that six hundred thousand I f***ed away.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 07:38:43 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2007, 07:02:12 PM »

As expected, the big Andy Black/Annette Obrestad clash has finally taken place, but instead of it being the big gigantic locking of horns that we initially predicted, the pot was a relatively mild one due to Andy sitting on just 200k in chips.

Raise, all-in, call, like the rattling of a machine gun, Andy made the final action, but soon realised that his Norwegian nemesis had him dominated.

Andy = three clubs

Annette =

No help and the former WSOP finalist was left to rue the decisions of prior encounters and reflect on what might have been.

Meanwhile, the remaining players congratulate each other and dream of raising that much-desired piece of Dublin EPT silverware. All 9 will have that exact opportunity come tomorrow's final.
Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2007, 07:18:14 PM »

1. Thierry Van Den Berg 274,000
2. Daan Ruiter     646,000
3. Reuben Peters     176,000
4. Annette Obrestad     788,000
5. Anders Pettersson     166,000
6. Casper Hansen     360,000
7. Trond Erik Eidsvig     184,000
8. Michael Durrer    247,000
9. Reijo Manninen     480,000