blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:30:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Pokerstars.com Dublin EPT: Day 3 - Interactive
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pokerstars.com Dublin EPT: Day 3 - Interactive  (Read 28490 times)
MrDigital

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: November 02, 2007, 05:01:32 PM »

Good Luck Mr Barlow

'Four Jacks No Good'
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: November 02, 2007, 05:02:32 PM »

Hi guys,first time user of the forum and very impressed. Can you keep an eye on the dentist ziad kaady? Wandered over to the RDS last night and met his cousin who is over with him from Oregon. He played solid poker for the 4 hours i was there and considering he is an internet qualifier played well at a table with annette and noah. Great updates guys!

Not a problem, my good man. In my fish-tainted eyes, he seems like a very capable player indeed. You mention the word 'dentist' - is that just a nickname or is he actually tooth driller? Are you able to share any more details about him that might be of interest?

Maybe he's not a happy-go-lucky kind of chap.  So he always looks down in the mouth....

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: November 02, 2007, 05:03:20 PM »

A double whammy for Britain as Liverpool's Martin Green joins Ash Hussain on the sidelines. But whilst Ash remains in positive spirits, Martin perhaps will be reflecting on what might have been, his stack momentarily threatening a final table appearance at this year's Dublin EPT. However, with table neighbour Thierry Ven Den Berg standing firm in the face of an all-in, Martin's lifeline as one of the shorter stacks was always going to be in danger of being snapped short.

The hand in question was just moments ago, and involved a traditional battle of the blinds encounter. Making the over-the-top push from the big blind with Two Diamonds, Martin must have known he was in need of divine assistance when small blinder Thierry leaned back on his chair, sighed as he placed his hands behind his head and casually announced call.

Thierry showed and Martin's dropped shoulders and dejected grimace said it all. Both players felt inclined to rise from their seats, but it was the Dutchman who would be back at the felt as the board came a uneventful .

As he complimented his opponent on a good hand, Martin slid his chair to one side and quietly slipped away, his sagging face reflecting both an overwhelming release in tension and the severe devastation of coming so near... yet so far.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 05:06:30 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged
rag2gar

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 02, 2007, 05:07:17 PM »

Hi guys,first time user of the forum and very impressed. Can you keep an eye on the dentist ziad kaady? Wandered over to the RDS last night and met his cousin who is over with him from Oregon. He played solid poker for the 4 hours i was there and considering he is an internet qualifier played well at a table with annette and noah. Great updates guys!

Not a problem, my good man. In my fish-tainted eyes, he seems like a very capable player indeed. You mention the word 'dentist' - is that just a nickname or is he actually tooth driller? Are you able to share any more details about him that might be of interest?

His cousin gave me a short history. Won his ticket for the event in a 700 runner event online and roped in his cousin for a trip to Dublin. I believe he actually has a dental practice somewhere in Oregon. Apart from that they were expecting to head home on Sunday but that schedule might change with his current run.

Apart from that no other info!

Have to say being over there last night in the RDS i got the feeling they should have re-evaulated spending yesterday and today out there. I think it could have been moved into the Jackpot considering the Merrion are involved as the atmosphere was muted at best. The Industries Hall is way too big for an 8 table event. The €500 omaha side evetn only had around 12 tables in total last night as far as i could see.

What were the results from the omaha game?
Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: November 02, 2007, 05:09:06 PM »

Anders Pettersson the short stack on 43,000 just doubled up courtesy of Thierry Van Den Berg.  It was

Anders 
Thierry  

A five on the turn gave the spikey haired Swede some more breathing space and Thierry just shrugs and ships over the chips.

Van Den Berg

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: November 02, 2007, 05:10:10 PM »

His cousin gave me a short history. Won his ticket for the event in a 700 runner event online and roped in his cousin for a trip to Dublin. I believe he actually has a dental practice somewhere in Oregon. Apart from that they were expecting to head home on Sunday but that schedule might change with his current run.

Apart from that no other info!

Have to say being over there last night in the RDS i got the feeling they should have re-evaulated spending yesterday and today out there. I think it could have been moved into the Jackpot considering the Merrion are involved as the atmosphere was muted at best. The Industries Hall is way too big for an 8 table event. The €500 omaha side evetn only had around 12 tables in total last night as far as i could see.

What were the results from the omaha game?

When I departed, Jan Sjavik was the big name in the final 5, but he was shortstacked.

I believe Jeff Kimber made the final too.
jslaso

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 02, 2007, 05:13:01 PM »

Weeeee, just got home and saw Annette is still building her stack.  I told her this morning I was gunna be 4 hours late b4 I got home to sweat her and she told me, "Don't worry, I'm not gunna bust." 

Plz keep more updates on her coming (and pics plz).
Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: November 02, 2007, 05:17:11 PM »

I'll be in Dublin over the weekend, & drinks for the Updaters are on me, though I will have to limit Chili to €50. That's about two rounds by her standards.....

Oiii I will have you know that in the 5 days since I have been here, my alcoholic drink tally amounts to 3.....and that was in the first night at the hotel.  Me and Snoops have turned down invitations to Temple Bar, Clubbing last night and numerous meals from lonely poker players.  I have an incling though that tonight I may relax with a vodka or two.  Shocking to be in Dublin and actually work!!! 

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 02, 2007, 05:22:10 PM »

I'll be in Dublin over the weekend, & drinks for the Updaters are on me, though I will have to limit Chili to €50. That's about two rounds by her standards.....

Oiii I will have you know that in the 5 days since I have been here, my alcoholic drink tally amounts to 3...

Is that 3 per hour or 3 per minute?

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: November 02, 2007, 05:24:12 PM »

There was a Boeken/Black clash as I accrued chip counts, so ecxluding those two players, here is the current line-up:

Kenneth Hicks -- 153,000
Daan Ruiter -- 249,000
Casper Hansen -- 181,000
Ludovic Lacay -- 318,000
Zaid Kaady -- 128,000
Reuben Peters -- 228,000
Michael Durrer -- 152,000

Annette Obrestad -- 456,000
Thierry Van Den Berg -- 335,000
Tronde Eidsvig -- 155,000
Reijo Manninen -- 63,000
Andy Black -- tbc
Noah Boeken -- tbc
Anders Pettersson -- 117,000
jslaso

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 02, 2007, 05:26:39 PM »

There was a Boeken/Black clash as I accrued chip counts, so ecxluding those two players, here is the current line-up:

Kenneth Hicks -- 153,000
Daan Ruiter -- 249,000
Casper Hansen -- 181,000
Ludovic Lacay -- 318,000
Zaid Kaady -- 128,000
Reuben Peters -- 228,000
Michael Durrer -- 152,000

Annette Obrestad -- 456,000
Thierry Van Den Berg -- 335,000
Tronde Eidsvig -- 155,000
Reijo Manninen -- 63,000
Andy Black -- tbc
Noah Boeken -- tbc
Anders Pettersson -- 117,000

I know I'm a little late (since I just got home), but going back to some posts on page 2, I'd like to follow up by saying ty to the Blonde Poker reporters.  You guys are by far the best source for updates on the European events, and I love how you interact with those of us viewing and get us updates on specific players.  Great job and keep up the good work.
Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: November 02, 2007, 05:26:56 PM »

Weeeee, just got home and saw Annette is still building her stack.  I told her this morning I was gunna be 4 hours late b4 I got home to sweat her and she told me, "Don't worry, I'm not gunna bust." 

Plz keep more updates on her coming (and pics plz).

This week has been the first time I have had the privilege of watching Annette at work.  I have to say how mightily impressed I am of her table presence and scary factor in a hand.  How can someone so wee and diddy be so menacing?  In one hand yesterday against Tronde Eidsvig, he had moved all in on the end and it appeared Annette had made the decision to pass but just to make sure she put Tronde through the mill, no insta pass here.  She picked up a tiny edge of her cards and glanced at Tronde, let go, went for chips - anything she could do to gauge a reaction.  Impressive stuff, how did she master these things so soon from her bedroom?

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: November 02, 2007, 05:29:20 PM »

Hip young Flying Dutchman protege Noah Boeken has been sent packing. The man who helped him fill his suitcase was the charismatic Andy Black, whose  in the small blind had big blinder Noah Boeken's in dire straits. Noah pleaded for a Ten on the Flop, but it came to make Noah do the walk of life back to Holland.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 02, 2007, 05:34:11 PM »

Hip young Flying Dutchman protege Noah Boeken has been sent packing. The man who helped him fill his suitcase was the charismatic Andy Black, whose  in the small blind had big blinder Noah Boeken's in dire straits. Noah pleaded for a Ten on the Flop, but it came to make Noah do the walk of life back to Holland.

He does get some money for nothing though...

action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: November 02, 2007, 05:35:39 PM »

be great if Andy Black can win this.

it says a lot also that annette and andy are deep as they are both super agressive and make things happen as opposed to waiting for things to happen. GL to both
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: