blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:14:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272607 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Omaha - who's the favourite
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Omaha - who's the favourite  (Read 1603 times)
ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2007, 02:47:16 PM »

i don't mind his play too much, although we don't know enough about player traits to make analysis easy.

If doom has shown a tendency to fold these spots then it's ok to call, if chris has shown a tendency to get stacked with aces his call is fine.

Raising pot out of the BB here is a losing prop overal, getting 7-10% of a deep stack in pre flop out of position to multi oppos in plo is long term suicide.

A smaller raise to offer the original raisor the chance re raise again and prob make it heads up and all in pre is the preferred situation. If all oppos just call then you won't feel so bad about check folding the flop. This also builds up a nice deception giving you the chance to raise a nice rundown or similar and check raise a good flop later on.

Calling the raise is fine as if you hit the original raiser is forced to represent and you get a nice pay off hopefully.

I don't think he played great pre flop but you definately played it horribly imo.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 02:49:08 PM by ACE2M » Logged
Benny Brox

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2007, 10:41:15 PM »

Agree his call on the flop was atrocious but with 3 callers I'm probably check-folding or putting a small bet out and fold to any raise. Even with this very strong hand you need to improve on the flop against 3 players in Omaha.

Your play pre-flop stinks of a big hand like double-suited Aces or Kings and this makes it easier for your opponents to play against you so you're gonna get calls with middle rundowns like 5678 as they are only, at the very worst, a 60/40 dog against bullets.

As it's a cash game, post-flop, if I was in his shoes I would be pushing as well, hoping to either get you off the hand there and then or if you call I know I'd be a slight favourite anyway as I know 9 out of 10 times I'm up against Aces.
riverdave

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2007, 11:23:57 PM »

Wow i was right the other day you only like playing big pots when you are behind!!

Bonesaw has done nothing wrong here even preflop isn't what i'd consider bad and i'm pushing on the flop 100% of the time with his hand against what is nailed on aces. The problem in PLO is that when you make it so obvious preflop what half your hand is for such a small percentage of your total stack good and bad players will try to chase you down and crack your aces. 3 way this is a definite check fold for me unless i hit a set a FD or a really low paired board like 22 or 33. Possible if i was feeling really sick i'd pot where my AAKK was blocking made straights or broadway draw flops where i could gutshot the nuts to get out of it if called.

If he had only flopped a pair and a gutshot it would be an exact coin flip so without looking it up i know that he must be in the 60/40 favourite region.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: