blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:04:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Why do i always feel weak tight in these spots?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why do i always feel weak tight in these spots?  (Read 2269 times)
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2007, 11:49:03 PM »

Thanks for the replies people.

The comments on the turn bet are interesting and im leaning towards agreeing that maybe checking here then value betting/calling a blank river is a good line. I just get a bit zomg you are not seeing a free diamond here, I bet. As i seem to be getting little value.

As for the results I passed as i am indeed weak tight (but at least you lot tend to agree) and villan showed  for a semi bluff check raise which shocked me ,but i still think i was probably crushed by his range. Shows how little respect my cbet's get at times.
totalise

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2007, 12:19:01 AM »

you seem to be attacking limpers quite regularly if this hand is anything to go by, so u shouldn't be that surprised when ur cbets dont get max respect on A high flops, and theres a myriad of hands that can semi-bluff these turns against a (presumably) quite aggro player, I cant see the logic at all in a fold.. if you are gonna cultivate a loose image, you have to be prepared to suck it up and stack off on boards that start to look scary.

Tragic

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2007, 12:26:40 AM »

I agree I wouldn't raise this pre, what I hate if you don't bet is then the check/call style with another decision on the river. If he does have a flush you probably lose less by bet folding the turn. Of course this bet pretty much gets raised by better haands and weaker ones fold with very little in between. I still fold but it is an annoying situation.
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2007, 02:20:27 AM »

you seem to be attacking limpers quite regularly if this hand is anything to go by, so u shouldn't be that surprised when ur cbets dont get max respect on A high flops, and theres a myriad of hands that can semi-bluff these turns against a (presumably) quite aggro player, I cant see the logic at all in a fold.. if you are gonna cultivate a loose image, you have to be prepared to suck it up and stack off on boards that start to look scary.

Yep fair point Totalise, basically im in transitional phase and trying to lag up my game. Therefore im facing situations like this alot where im not use to other people viewing me like this and therefore im struggling with ranges etc.

Hence why I posted this hand.
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2007, 01:45:44 PM »

Yep fair point Totalise, basically im in transitional phase and trying to lag up my game. Therefore im facing situations like this alot where im not use to other people viewing me like this and therefore im struggling with ranges etc.

Hence why I posted this hand.

One thing though, I think the stats on the player were a bit misleading (small sample),  I would think that you had a call vs a loose player and the stats didn't indicate he was that loose  - I would expect a vpip of the high 30s from someone playing 65o utg.  I think he also makes this play against a tight player, so I'm not sure that your image makes a big difference here.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: