blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:47:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Why do i always feel weak tight in these spots?
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why do i always feel weak tight in these spots?  (Read 2271 times)
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« on: November 09, 2007, 04:55:14 PM »

Villan is a bit of an unknown (i extensively datamine) is playing at least 2 tables, I have just joined the table and have no feel for his play apart from his stats.  Villan is running 26/7/1 through 50 hands.

Call this all in? Comments on the rest of the hand welcome.

Prima Poker skin
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
6 players

Stack sizes:
UTG: $96.53
UTG+1: $87.07
Hero:  $98.50
Button: $106.68
SB: $161.67
BB: $86.01

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, Hero raises to $4.5, 3 folds, UTG+1 calls.

Flop:   ($10.5, 2 players)
UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $7, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: ($24.5, 2 players)
UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $15, UTG+1 raises all-in $75.57, Hero feels like a nit and then?
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2007, 05:32:31 PM »

I'm folding - there are just too many credible hands that are beating you and I'm struggling to find a worse hand that he would go ai with.

For me the interesting point of the hand is whether you should have bet the turn or not.  Giving a free card and letting a singleton diamond draw out on the river seems like a mistake, but in reality it probably doesnt happen that much - maybe 10-12%?  With his stats he could limp with AJ/AQ, so by checking you miss some value.  Would be interested in others thoughts.
totalise

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2007, 05:38:29 PM »

Hero feels like a nit and then?

calls, knowing that even if he loses this hand his shania is so good he can make it back in future hands.

ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2007, 05:41:17 PM »

calls, knowing that even if he loses this hand his shania is so good he can make it back in future hands.

LOL

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
totalise

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2007, 05:42:30 PM »

LOL

??
Moskvich

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2007, 06:03:30 PM »

For me the interesting point of the hand is whether you should have bet the turn or not.  Giving a free card and letting a singleton diamond draw out on the river seems like a mistake, but in reality it probably doesnt happen that much - maybe 10-12%?  With his stats he could limp with AJ/AQ, so by checking you miss some value.  Would be interested in others thoughts.

I'm struggling with this at the moment too, always seem to make the wrong decision. Depends on the Villain i guess, and on how you've been playing - but I think some aren't going to even call on the turn here with much that you're beating, and by building the pot you may be encouraging them to bluff any scary river, of which there are many, giving you another problem. I think I probably prefer to check the turn and call or value-bet a non-diamond river.

I suppose checking might lose some value, but isn't it difficult to say given that at this stage we've no idea where we are? If the river's a blank and he then decides to bet his AQ or JJ then we might be gaining value as he thinks he's ahead with a hand he might not have called with on the turn.

Just noticed that you haven't played with him before, so since you have no idea what he's called you with here I think maybe pot-control is a good idea. As it is I don't really think you can call the cr all-in.
temp0r

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2007, 06:04:10 PM »

insta call. he has A7.
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2007, 06:05:40 PM »

hmmmm are $100nl players paying attention?  Anyway if they are are would your advice be different if you could open fold your 2pr?  Would it be different if the software would automatically fold your hand without showing if it was a loser?
totalise

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2007, 06:19:04 PM »

hmmmm are $100nl players paying attention?  Anyway if they are are would your advice be different if you could open fold your 2pr?  Would it be different if the software would automatically fold your hand without showing if it was a loser?

no, its just an added value
ifm

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2007, 06:47:22 PM »

LOL

??

OOPS, didn't realise you were serious.

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2007, 07:37:20 PM »

From my experience, more often than not, you are beat here. I'd probably say he has a set of sevens if anything, maybe .
totalise

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2007, 07:43:44 PM »

LOL

??

ok, thanks for the input
robyong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2007, 08:37:50 PM »

Hello mate,

I think you make 3 mistakes here:

1. Raising a limper with a rag Ace in the cut off (assume limpers have small pairs so your implied odds of winning a big pot are small as he will fold on flop unless he hits set)

2. Betting the turn when a scare card for you comes

3. Considering calling all-in when the scare card comes and you don't know the player

so, I would avoid these situations and if you get into one, keep the pot small and maybe pick up a bluff bet on the river

In 100bb NL cash games making steals pre flop / on the flop can get you into trouble (raising a limper with A8 is a positional steal IMO), I would look to play hands where I'm goona win someones whole stack such as suited connectors and small pairs, I dont want to play hands that dont play well on the flop and win big pots like AQ or lower.

Cheers Rob

« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 10:36:15 PM by robyong » Logged
ifm

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2007, 08:41:48 PM »

LOL

??

ok, thanks for the input

YVW

Of course not.
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2007, 04:00:36 PM »

fold.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: