blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:41:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272607 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Cash HotW: 12th November
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cash HotW: 12th November  (Read 2567 times)
Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2007, 01:39:15 AM »

Most definitely not, i just wanted further discussion. I think this is a cracking level up on average/good thinking opponents and shows a better return if you think about the various hands competing and how the turn effects events. 

That was what I was trying to do with this hand, make it a bit simpler than totalise's so we could have some discussion without making my brain hurt!

I'll post the next bit shortly...

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2007, 02:38:03 AM »

I just called

Turn:  Two Diamonds

So board is now:

Two Diamonds

Our hand 

Pot $22.50

He bets $16

What now?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 02:41:46 AM by Bongo » Logged

Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2007, 02:39:45 AM »

BB is a loose player and passive on the flop, and let you hit runner runner to beat his 2 pair - from this description he has 5x or something similar is a strong possibility.

I didn't say passive on the flop... call the 2 pair hand a misread on my part 

Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2007, 12:09:39 PM »

Hmmm im a nit so as the turn has blanked out for us and villan is clearly still liking his hand. Im going to fold here we are getting crap odds to draw and possibly some reversed implied odds if we hit a good card on the river (any k,q or spade).
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2007, 03:22:16 PM »

I wonder what he thinks we have?  Our line is consistent with a slightly scared overpair, so if he puts us on this, I would think he has a weakly played AA/KK or a 5.  I don't think that we are getting the odds to call here and bluffing is a bit like saying to God "do you think I'm stupid" when he's deciding whether or not to let you into heaven.
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2007, 05:39:57 AM »

I wonder what he thinks we have?  Our line is consistent with a slightly scared overpair, so if he puts us on this, I would think he has a weakly played AA/KK or a 5.  I don't think that we are getting the odds to call here and bluffing is a bit like saying to God "do you think I'm stupid" when he's deciding whether or not to let you into heaven.

quality again.
Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2007, 01:59:33 AM »

What if he thinks we could have as little as overcards?

Anyway the bet was a bit smaller than I was expecting if he had a hand - he had previously bet a lot stronger with 2 pair, so I decided to call, thinking a K or Q may well be good too.

River was

Two Diamonds

We have  and thus have totally missed.

Pot is $54.5

Villain checks. What do you think of this? What sort of hands would you be looking to bet here, and what hands would you be checking with?

Is this a good spot to bluff?

totalise

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2007, 02:05:35 AM »

Quote from: [url=http://www.blondepoker.com/blondepedia/blondepedia_view_player.php?player_id=1198
Alex[/url] Martin link=topic=28910.msg592172#msg592172 date=1195173914]
Most definitely not, i just wanted further discussion. I think this is a cracking level up on average/good thinking opponents and shows a better return if you think about the various hands competing and how the turn effects events. 

That was what I was trying to do with this hand, make it a bit simpler than totalise's so we could have some discussion without making my brain hurt!

I'll post the next bit shortly...

if you guys prefer lower levels, say so, I got 100s of thousands of hands from every level, whatever you want to discuss we can do.
Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2007, 02:16:16 AM »

if you guys prefer lower levels, say so, I got 100s of thousands of hands from every level, whatever you want to discuss we can do.

I can't speak for everyone else but I wouldn't mind some from the lower levels - they'd certainly be more relevant/accessible to me. I enjoy reading the higher level ones, but never really participate due to the sheer complexity!

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: