blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:07:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272596 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Bluesquare.com Blackpool GUKPT: Day 1A - Interactive
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bluesquare.com Blackpool GUKPT: Day 1A - Interactive  (Read 32128 times)
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« on: November 15, 2007, 03:53:58 AM »

Like a rainstorm, there's a constant downpour, only for us, it's in the form of poker tournaments. From now until Christmas, there's pretty much a big event on every week. This time it's Waterford and Blackpool, next week will be the Midland Masters, after that it's the GUKPT Final at the Vic, followed by the Luton Xmas Cracker and then EPT Prague. Has poker reached a new peak at the moment? It certainly seems that way here in Blackpool. 190 players turned up for the £500 event which ended up being chopped 6 ways. There was also over a hundred for the £100 rebuy and a prizepool of over £30k, whilst even the £250 1 rebuy or add-on Omaha got 90 players tonight.

There's also a healthy amount of cash games going on too, which Maria managed a decent win in, though I must confess I much prefer online to live and not having to deal with any particularly lairy people that sometimes frequent these events. Luckily, our hotel is within walking distance, making the morning lie-ins that little bit longer. Our room actually consists of one single bed and one double bed, (guess who won the coinflip, sigh) but when entering the room both beds bizarrely had a little cuddly toy sat, quietly content, upon each. Maria got a little green frog with crazy eyes on hers, whereas I got a small pink pig - Snoops though would probably argue that it's fuschia.

Speaking of the beagle, he's over in Waterford playing the Blonde event there, where this weekend's other update comes from, thanks to Dana and Junglecat. Both competitions span the same time period, so we'll sort of be like....

In any case, with satellites running day and night, it's entirely possible this event will sell out completely, so please come and join us from 3pm and let us know who you'd like updates on and who you're supporting and we'll do everything we can to help out.

And fear not, because the updating team have amongst them, the sharpest minds in existence. For example here is Chili reading Tolstoy's classic War and Peace Robbie Fowler's Autobiography. Truly a masterpiece of it's time. A book by a footballer.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 04:07:04 AM by NoflopsHomer » Logged

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 04:11:47 AM »

Chili must be slower than a snail on the Gladiators' travelator if she's still reading that book. Has she brought a new ruler too, she lost it in Dublin? And tell her to stop drooling over the pictures! 
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 04:22:05 AM by snoopy1239 » Logged
littlemissC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 07:52:32 AM »

just seen on another forum that pete linton(peteL) was in the chop in the 500...well done hun,hope the run continues in main event.
LDP

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2007, 01:41:58 PM »

Could someone please keep me informed of Paul 'Lamm' Lammas' progress on day 1A. He just informed me he's all bought in and ready to go!

All the best mate.

TYVM
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2007, 02:54:44 PM »

The distance from the press room to the tournament area is a LONG way, like almost the Vic distance... It's very far.

Meanwhile here's the pink fuschia pig that I mentioned earlier. Bizarre, innit?

Yes, I am actually stalling since play doesn't look like it's going to start just yet. Maria has been down to the (empty) cardroom and there seems to be little or no activity just yet, though Jon Raab has informed me there's around 170 runners today.

goldfoxdom

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2007, 03:02:30 PM »

can you keep an eye out for sebastian saffari please and can you tell him dom wishes him good luck. ty Smiley
Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2007, 03:04:18 PM »

Good Afternoon guys from Hazy Blackpool, I am actually here as you all know by now since Floppy has posted a picture of me busy in bed......When oh when will I work with a blogger that doesn't post pictures of me in marvelous ways??

The players have just sat down now and are ready to start precisely ontime, which is a refreshing change of course.  The only pictures I managed to grab so far are of the a lovely peaceful empty cardroom, which I must say is rather swanky and clean and fresh and sexy..

Behold the gorgeous new Blackpool Cardroom with its 200 capacity, nice and quiet.  Shame it has to be filled by brash pokerplayers hehe.

The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2007, 03:08:18 PM »

Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2007, 03:09:10 PM »

I'll keep an eye out for all requests so let me know now of anyone you want me to shadow all day.  There should be a full player list available to us, then you within the next 30 mins too.  I'm off into the card jungle to see some interesting plays early doors hopefully.

The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2007, 03:10:18 PM »

This should help me through my day whilst suffering a very mild version the TheManFlu..

Anyone got any Vicks..
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 03:15:21 PM by The_nun » Logged

WackyDUK

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2007, 03:18:19 PM »

I'll keep an eye out for all requests so let me know now of anyone you want me to shadow all day.  There should be a full player list available to us, then you within the next 30 mins too.  I'm off into the card jungle to see some interesting plays early doors hopefully.

Keep an eye on Rick Gilby please

Thanks in advance!
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2007, 03:24:54 PM »

Does anyone know if there are any odds on this anywhere?
Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2007, 03:31:51 PM »

We are not hugely off the 200 capacity for the day at a whopping 174 players, the room really doesn't look like there are that many players in it.   

Usual GUKPT Structure
10,000 starting chips
1 hour clock

and playing 9 levels today.

Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2007, 03:33:39 PM »

Does anyone know if there are any odds on this anywhere?

There are no odds so early on Stuart.  Rumour has it there will be for Day 2 & the Final table.

Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2007, 03:37:08 PM »

This should help me through my day whilst suffering a very mild version the TheManFlu..

Anyone got any Vicks..

How nuts, I am sick as a puppy (why are puppies sick??)  too.  I have been moaning to poor old floppy for a whole day now and taking incopious amounts of Day & Night Nurse.  Sniff Sniff.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: