blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:40:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Go Ape
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Go Ape  (Read 3196 times)
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« on: November 26, 2007, 12:33:03 PM »

Girlfriend brought us tickets to 'Go Ape' yesterday as a birthday present, in Delamere Froest, great fun, basic, but fun if you havent done a lot of climbing etc etc,,

Anyone else been??

www.goape.co.uk

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2007, 12:40:57 PM »

not heard of that before but looks like fun - would definitely give it a go!  Have a good time.

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Sunday8pm

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2007, 12:45:25 PM »

Been to the Thetford Forest one.

Didnt really like it, too many safety harnesses. For added excitement, go round the course with your harness unclipped, more of a buzz then.
Tonji
They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2007, 12:50:29 PM »

We went on a family trip their a few years back, we had a group of us ranging from 12 - 78 years old, fantastic fun  thumbs up

http://www.photonet.org.uk/

They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2007, 12:57:05 PM »

The missus did it for her birthday a couple of months ago and loved it.  It's quite hard work at times and if you don't do heights, it's either a good therapy for you or going to put you off.    I managed to get out of it by babysitting, but then I don't do heights!  It looked great though, quite a challenge and if you can do it, you should be proud of yourself Smiley

TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2007, 01:10:34 PM »

not heard of that before but looks like fun - would definitely give it a go!  Have a good time.

Badly worded my 1st effort, had the tickets for my birthday last week, but went yesterday, really good...

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2007, 01:11:11 PM »

Never heard of it before.

Now just hope Matt doesn't see this thread...

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2007, 01:13:14 PM »

The Delamere is the longest course out of the 12, the last zip slide is 220m long!

matt674

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2007, 01:41:52 PM »

Never heard of it before.

Now just hope Matt doesn't see this thread...

why?

try the course in the dark without a safety harness after one too many banana juices!!  Roll Eyes

sponsored by Fyffes
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2007, 01:43:44 PM »

Oh no....he's found it. 

Grin

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
matt674

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2007, 01:46:16 PM »

i always said you humans want to be more like us monkeys - things like this just prove my point. We're taking over the world i tell you Wink

sponsored by Fyffes
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2007, 01:49:28 PM »

The missus did it for her birthday a couple of months ago and loved it.  It's quite hard work at times and if you don't do heights, it's either a good therapy for you or going to put you off.    I managed to get out of it by babysitting, but then I don't do heights!  It looked great though, quite a challenge and if you can do it, you should be proud of yourself Smiley

I am awful with heights.  I get dizzy climbing a step ladder!  That's why I love the idea of doing something like this - makes it all the more satisfying when you've done it.  I did a 300ft bungee jump a few years back and came out with swear words I didn't even know I knew on the way down, but what a buzz!  Do it Graham!

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
matt674

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2007, 01:52:18 PM »

how about holding BB7 here (obviously after DTD hosts BB6) Cheesy

sponsored by Fyffes
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2007, 01:54:19 PM »

I am awful with heights.  I get dizzy climbing a step ladder!  That's why I love the idea of doing something like this - makes it all the more satisfying when you've done it.  I did a 300ft bungee jump a few years back and came out with swear words I didn't even know I knew on the way down, but what a buzz!  Do it Graham!

Not a chance, I'm comfortable with my fears and don't feel the need to over come them thank you very much Cheesy

Sark79

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2007, 05:21:13 PM »

Looks a lot of fun mate
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: