blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:54:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Sleeping pattern (or lack of)
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sleeping pattern (or lack of)  (Read 5897 times)
madasahatstand

Bang

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2007, 07:17:04 AM »

Actually...to be honest.

Apart from being worried sick about my family and how I can cope with looking after them I now have a new problem which will mean that looking after my family will be taken out of my hands.

I am expecting a visit from the police tomorrow and have no idea what is going to happen but it doesnt look good.

My sister has a very dodgy on/off partner, shes been with him for about 10 yrs now but hes never around. Hes either got loads of money or is completely skint.

My sis worked out that it would be a good idea to stash some money to pay the bills for the down periods and thats what she did. She paid all the bills and told him that she borrowed the money from me. She then nagged him to pay the money back to me which he did and then when the money appered in my account I transferred it back into her secret account.

It now turns out that the money he paid to me was stolen and I am now being accused of money laundering...actually Im not being accussed, I have been told that I am guilty of the offence but they now need to establish if I did it with knowledge or not. I had absolutely no idea what was going on but they are not going to believe that are they!!

I just want it all over done with...the waiting and mental torment is far worse than knowing. A couple of month in a cell doesnt seem so bad right now...hopefully I will finally find out tomorrow ( in a few hours) what is going on.

Its sure to cure my sleeping patterns tho :-)

suzzane

I hope it goes alright for you. If you didnt know, how can they say you did? Do you have witnesses to say this guy and your sis had a stormy relationship? This kind of thing must happen all the time and unless its a significant amount of cash, i dont see why they wouldnt believe that.  The loss of your liberty might seem like a  good idea now, but i doubt it would suit you. Im sure it will be okay. Make sure you are taking legal advice

good luck

Patience is a virtue.

thetank

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2007, 02:24:06 PM »

Wasn't talking to you anyway

Was meant as a reply to the original poster.
Yours is a situation I cannot identify with, but wish you well as you continue to deal with it.

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2007, 06:37:53 PM »

Wasn't talking to you anyway

Was meant as a reply to the original poster.
Yours is a situation I cannot identify with, but wish you well as you continue to deal with it.

Who me?

Tank you are almost certainly right about me, but I suppose I was looking for answers when its the fact that my own motivation is the root of it.
suzanne

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2007, 03:55:07 AM »

What I need is a reason to go to bed LOL

Woof!!

HAHAHA I missed this before :-)

Tanky you are missing the point here, some people have serious sleep problems from an early age and no amount of timetabling is going to change that.

I remember as a young child (maybe 6 or 7) writing pleading letters to santa for a radio with earphones so I could listen to music instead of just staring out the window into the darkness. By the time I was 9 I had my walkin cupboard stocked up with Enid Blyton books, snacks (oxo cubes was my fav), I had a shelf built at the top and I would climb up the door frame and sit on that shelf for hours with the door closed and read a book a night by torchlight.

Im sure most of you have experienced nights when you go to bed and just cant sleep..you toss and turn and watch the clock wishing it was morning. I am like that all the time. I know there is no point in going to bed just coz its 3am coz I wont sleep..end off.

Do you have the same problem Longy or it just a case of "Im playing well/bad" and dont WANT to sleep?

Update on last post.

The guy was supposed to visit me at 10am on Friday, he still hadnt arrived by 10.45 so I phoned local police station, then Edinburgh and finally tracked him down. He was still in Scotland and hadnt bothered to phone and tell me he couldnt make it. So I still dont know whats happening as he was out of the office when I phoned.
Its not a huge amount of money (4k) but never having been in trouble with the police before I am very worried.
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2007, 04:33:38 AM »

No i don't Suzanne to be fair, my problems are totally insignificant compared to yours. I struggle to fall asleep most nights unless im super tired, but i have no structure which is the source of my frustration. I sleep when i like and go to bed when i like it is super cool privelege that playing poker affords me.

I just do as I please in all truth, I have a brilliant life to be fair. I love my job, i have no-one who relies on me and i maintain an active social life. 

Suzanne i wish you well, good luck with everything, to be honest i feel quite shitty moaning about it.
suzanne

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2007, 04:58:40 AM »

Awww now I feel bad :-(

Sorry Longy xxxxxxxx

I know I have a sleep problem coz ive had it all my life but actually it sounds worse when I put it in writing. Its not really a major problem to me coz I have had it all my life and have adapted.

Was just trying to point out to Tank that its not as easy as just changing ur schedule, for some of us its just not that simple.
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2007, 01:41:33 PM »

I used to be the same, i used to stay awake for around 18 hours and sleep for 10, patterns were all over the place. I realised after a year of doing this i was missing out on a lot of socializing.

I now go to bed for 2-2:30am and get up at midday. I have been doing this for about 4 months now and i definitely feel a lot fresher; i can also go out on Friday and Saturday nights and get totally legless...and still have energy left over its great.

Just get a decent sleep pattern and you will see the rewards Smiley Unless you don't like socializing of course Cheesy

<3 ENSUING
stato_1 said, "banoffee pie i reckon"
stato_1 said, "this is delicious"
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: