blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 12:16:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  My First Visit to Dusk Till Dawn - Truthful Opinion
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: My First Visit to Dusk Till Dawn - Truthful Opinion  (Read 2556 times)
Slick Kid

View Profile
« on: December 04, 2007, 05:04:08 PM »

The problem with Blonde is that many of us are friendly with Rob, knowing him from his playing days. Then there are formites that feel they know him through his passionate, no-nonsense diaries but, in order for dusk till dawn to achieve its goal as the BEST, we have to be honest in our comments and not fanny foot around. I was privileged to get an invite for the £500 on Saturday and this is my report!

I arrived in the car park which is massive and the big dusk till dawn logo shone like the North Star, with the state of the art security system in place around the entrance below it was very inviting. I had been well briefed prior to going with the competent staff sending me numerous email's, so it was a simple case of handing over my passport and getting the attractive black membership card. The staff in reception where excellent and very helpful. The door supervisors where very competent and helpful also. So l entered the main area off the club which is even better in real life and l met up with Steve Read and Tony Nicholls for a natter. There where plenty of faces, and all where having a good time waiting for the Tournament to start with free drinks and food being given out. The tournament started and the structure was great, the chips and the tables are fantastic but it was slightly cramped. The TD was very professional and extremely competent and he needed to be as a few of the dealers where making nervous mistakes, but thats to be expected. The valets on the other hand where not good and the system they have in place for orders is not good. Wrong drinks, wrong food, plates not being lifted for 1hr and numerous glasses and cups littering the side tables where some things that come to memory. When the valets came out with drinks and would not use their initiative to collect some dirty ones to take back to the kitchen. Louise, who l think was the head valet dealt with anything that was getting out of hand and quickly rectified any wrong orders on our table. The tournament continued with its great structure and competent TD ensuring we stopped for breaks and we restarted on time. The toilets are a pleasure to use during the breaks and l believe there is a dedicated smoking area. I went out in 24th after a few mistakes on a table l could not afford to do this on with the likes of Kirdef, Tillerman, Simon Nowab, Tom Rutter and Ken Wong.

That was the only thing that l spotted that was wrong with dusk till dawn and l'm sure Rob and Nick will put it right in the coming week's. One little thing l noticed was while tables where been vacated, Simon Trumper was coming behind us cleaning them as though they where in his living room. dusk till dawn is without a doubt a little oasis of poker paradise. If you have not been yet then you must, as it is FANTASTIC for the poker player whether it be small stakes or big stakes.

Congrats to Steve who has had to defeat a real stong field.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 05:23:48 PM by Slick Kid » Logged
robyong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2007, 11:01:50 PM »

Mick

We were all disapointed with the Valet service, it was combination of not having enough Valets recruited before the opening, their training, plus IT problems with the PDA's that the Valets use to take orders, of course, it will be sorted with a few quick fixes over the next week or so.

I appreicate honest feedback, we have a huge snagging list after this weekend, there are so many items on it that we all noticed and we are working through them.

Cheers Rob
MKKfish

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 02:48:29 AM »

Thread title vs Thread content = Anticlimatic
Tractor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2007, 01:35:33 PM »

Well on Friday night, even though the pdas went down the vallets kept me supplied with drinks all night.
No complaints here.
The only thing i can think of was the taxis at 6.30 in the morning took an age to arrive, not DTDs fault but maybe it would be an idea to think about seeing if anyone needs a taxi before cashing out and finishing up.

Can i please ask where most of you purchase your crack from?

Dapper Street Menswear
Slick Kid

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2007, 02:39:15 PM »

Bring an Apple next time!
Rotty

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2007, 03:51:27 PM »

Yes even when the PDA system went down Friday the Valets soon had a "Plan B" in operation and there was little disruption, I was kept in ( more than ) adequate drinks all night Smiley

Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2007, 03:57:29 PM »

The girls were lovely but there was a training issue, the pda pads made their life complicated as they were unused to the seating arrangements at the tables, one girl was struggling so much she went away half way though her order and never came back - we think the pda broke down and we decided that it also doubles as a sat nav guidance system and she was unable to find her way back to the table....... Grin

On a serious note it was difficult to know who to tip, the girl who takes the order or the one who brings it. Don't say both! Does it go into a pool? 
Rotty

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2007, 04:03:09 PM »

re the girls finding folks at their seats I think part of the problem is that the PDAs used a different seat numbering system than was used by the turnament players

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2007, 04:36:39 PM »

Personally the main thing I'm looking for the waitresses to be, is fit. And they were

/end thread

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2007, 05:43:39 PM »

The only thing i can think of was the taxis at 6.30 in the morning took an age to arrive, not DTDs fault but maybe it would be an idea to think about seeing if anyone needs a taxi before cashing out and finishing up.

Isn't it generally by your own initiative you make your way home at the end of a night Cheesy

Azirapheal

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2007, 07:45:04 PM »

the players use an a-1 a2- b1 b2 able arrangement with seats

the poor girls were using a 265 arrangement (row table seat)

doesnt help them much when the table breaks unfortunately, but theres plenty of leeway when people can barely focus on their cards as they walk past XD

I SWEAR I had him.....
robyong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2007, 08:09:11 PM »

the players use an a-1 a2- b1 b2 able arrangement with seats

the poor girls were using a 265 arrangement (row table seat)

doesnt help them much when the table breaks unfortunately, but theres plenty of leeway when people can barely focus on their cards as they walk past XD

We are in the prcoess of changing the numbering so its the same for poker and valets - they are 2 different system which dont allow the same numbering but we have found a way round it (but we'll still keep the profiles of the girls lol)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 08:15:04 PM by robyong » Logged
Berbatov
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2007, 08:28:07 PM »

The girls were almost enough to put me off my poker, almost!!

Seriously they were very nice and im sure the teethin problems will be sorted.

Excellent opening weekend guys.

Tractor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2007, 09:37:18 PM »

Isn't it generally by your own initiative you make your way home at the end of a night Cheesy

Your dead right, and next time im there i will order my taxi earlier, i wasnt expecting to be there at he end Cheesy

It didnt help arriving in Nottingam at midday and going out all day then straight to DTD but hey ho!..18 hour session

Can i please ask where most of you purchase your crack from?

Dapper Street Menswear
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2007, 09:45:05 PM »

Your dead right, and next time im there i will order my taxi earlier, i wasnt expecting to be there at he end Cheesy

It didnt help arriving in Nottingam at midday and going out all day then straight to dtd but hey ho!..18 hour session

Do what I did - get Snatiramas to pick you up and drive you there. Then he gets knocked out by about midnight and the gentleman he is has to wait over 6 hours for me to final table and eventually finish second.

He was a star, wouldn't go home and let me get a taxi, insisted he stayed and railed me. Then he dropped me home and went straight to work - subsequently falling asleep during a video conferencing call!   

I've got Snats number if you want it!!
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: