blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 04:50:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Your favourite Cheese and cracker combo pls
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your favourite Cheese and cracker combo pls  (Read 7375 times)
jizzemm

BB6 Footy Winners - WALES.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2007, 11:26:11 AM »

ooo ill make sure there are some cheese for tonight's game of the year..

Cheese, Crackers and wine...

www.snowdonia-cheese.co.uk courtesy of XXLOJXX

I am now arriving early. Yum yum

I did not know who the mystery guest was... off to post on other thread.. Lol   

"I want to talk about my hand, what do you mean I cant talk about my hand, right im going to talk about the fact that I cant talk about my hand"...
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2007, 11:40:07 AM »

You should have asked.

Anyway, this idea of port being the best thing with cheese.  Nonsense.  A good real ale is the ideal accompaniment to cheese.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2007, 11:52:37 AM »

Crackers with cheese (I love all cheeses, so won't be picky here), slice of tomato, and thin slice of smoked salmon...into the microwave for 30 - 60 secs.  Top with fresh ground pepper and maybe a dash of salt.  That's my heaven.   

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
jizzemm

BB6 Footy Winners - WALES.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2007, 11:59:38 AM »

Crackers with cheese (I love all cheeses, so won't be picky here), slice of tomato, and thin slice of smoked salmon...into the microwave for 30 - 60 secs.  Top with fresh ground pepper and maybe a dash of salt.  That's my heaven.   

OMG now that sounds so much like what i want for dinner now... Ill wait until later, we can devour the selection of cheese Bro brings with him... mmmm

"I want to talk about my hand, what do you mean I cant talk about my hand, right im going to talk about the fact that I cant talk about my hand"...
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2007, 12:14:25 PM »

ooh no - smoked salmon should be eaten all on it's own - rolled up into bit sized pieces, with lemon juice and lots of freshly ground black pepper.

Another cheese that's lovely (with digestives obviously) is the garlic and herb borsin

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2007, 12:17:10 PM »

Smoked salmon blinis.......ymmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2007, 12:18:49 PM »

Cheese on crackers then into the microwave - absolutely the way forward.  Some sliced fresh chilli pepper on the cheese as well as some black pepper, with some Old Peculier to wash it down - mmmmmm

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2007, 12:22:51 PM »

if I wasn't eating my lunch right now (no not cheese!), this thread would be making my stomach rumble

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
MKKfish

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2007, 12:34:27 PM »

Cheese 'n crackers combined.

Required;

Parchment, (preferred), or grease proof paper.
Cheese
er.. that's it (except you can rub the cheese with garlice or press finely chopped chilli into the cheese)

1. Slice the cheese finely and lay out on paper.
2. Whack, (techy kitchen lingo), it into a hot oven, (not grill) until cheese starts to go really brown.
3. Remove and cool.
4. Once cool whack, (see above), them back into the oven until deep golden brown.

Once cooled, (still warm is ok), they should be the same texture as brandy snaps but cheesy of course..delish.

Doesn't take as long as it may seem.
Tonji
They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2007, 01:24:55 PM »

A seriously dangerous cheese 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casu_marzu

http://www.photonet.org.uk/

They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2007, 01:49:11 PM »

That would need to be whacked into the oven for an hour or so before it got anywhere near my mouth.

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2007, 01:53:25 PM »

That would need to be whacked into the oven for an hour or so before it got anywhere near my mouth.

as the actress said to the bishop.....

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2007, 02:49:17 PM »

I do believe you've managed to find the first cheese I would NEVER eat!

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
MKKfish

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2007, 05:01:34 PM »

Have had this in Cagliari but was called Formaggio Vermi. The larvae are really small thread like beasties and they do move.. 

The peeps where we had it would kind of break the round open in the middle of the table and just put lumps of it on bread. It was a lot firmer than the wiki cheese looks tho and a broken round had to be consumed in one go and could not be stored.

Tasted sh*t btw.
Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2007, 06:22:07 PM »

Im sorry but this is so WRONG!!!

Cheese shouldnt have blue/green bits in it END OF. I forced myself to taste Stilton once hoping to be pleasantly surprised but URGGGGHHH!! Its smelled of stinking men socks (womens feet dont smell) and tasted even worse!!
Brie...what is that all about? Cheese should be HARD not a gooey slime.

Cheese and DIGESTIVES...dont be silly. Digestives are for dunking in tea!! Surely it would leave some kind of greasy film if you dunked cheese.

Jacobs cream cracker, a nice strong cheddar topped with thinly sliced onion and spicy small chunk branston with a jar of pickled onions to munch on in between.

Suz,

Am shocked that you have tasted the feet of men.

Geo

When you get..........give. When you learn.......teach
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: