blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:03:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Reece goes away for Christmas. Again.
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 145 146 [147] 148 149 150 151 ... 177 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Reece goes away for Christmas. Again.  (Read 402847 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2190 on: June 20, 2015, 11:02:07 AM »

Took a while but line is in right side of chest, still in recovery. x

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2191 on: June 20, 2015, 07:06:01 PM »

Fingers crossed, good vibes sent.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #2192 on: June 20, 2015, 07:18:59 PM »

Mine too.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2193 on: June 20, 2015, 07:51:09 PM »

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: June 20, 2015, 08:12:11 PM »

Tonji
They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2195 on: June 20, 2015, 08:28:21 PM »

http://www.photonet.org.uk/

The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: June 20, 2015, 09:40:11 PM »

T y all .. He is doing well. We refused the first infusion of TPN as we felt it was not prepared  in a controlled risk assessed environment. So he is now 24 hours late at a cost of 1k. but his infection risk is worth more than a price of TPN.

angry

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2197 on: June 25, 2015, 10:29:35 AM »

This update is edited to concentrate on Reece's problems, but that doesn't mean that everything else in Maureen's garden is rosy.

Count your blessings guys.

Not great. He is in a lot of pain , very down and withdrawn. Not himself at all. It may be the bowel os not working correctly and as always they are at a loss. The Tpn is slowly being compressed down to 12 hours, it had to start off over 20 hours for his body to adjust. He is down to 16 hours at the moment, he gets the same amount in it just infused faster. We are swapping over tonight, I am sleeping at hospital so Stacey gets to have a night with the baby plus I thrn can start my retraining on Intravenous infusions and the rest.

ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #2198 on: June 25, 2015, 11:01:41 AM »

Poor little soldier , such a fighter though.

What a fantastic family he has supporting him.

Thoughts and best wishes go out to you all.

xx

Catching up with the news on Reece, and booder says it all.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2199 on: June 25, 2015, 11:29:06 AM »

...Funny you should say normal life. I was only thinking about that yesterday. I actually can not remember what a normal life is, what it is like to worry over things that to me are minor hitches in life but to others they are major.

I can't remember what it is like to wake up and be trouble free and think , what shall I do today in a carefree sort of way. I look at folk with hobbies etc, people doing normal daily activities and I look to into thier eyes, to see if there is pain there if that makes sence or if they are floating through life.

I'm not jealous of these folk as I have come to accept that this is and always will be my life so I will be grateful for what I have. OK so it is hard at times when wave after wave keeps knocking you over just when you are getting back up but I have Darren and he is a star. A proper Yorkshire Man star at times but thats just him and although I would love Reece to be totaly well I certainly wouldn't be without him and all that he entails.

“Sometimes we focus so much on what we don't have that we fail to see, appreciate, and use what we do have!”
― Jeff Dixon
X

Tonji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2200 on: June 25, 2015, 01:02:52 PM »

Thanks for the updates Red.

I don't think a day goes by without a thought for Reece & family. I've only a small inkling on what they are going through, but the greatest respect & admiration for their endurance & fortitude.

http://www.photonet.org.uk/

The_nun

View Profile
« Reply #2201 on: June 30, 2015, 01:14:31 PM »

Reece is down to 12 hours off now so Stacey finishes her retraining today then all being well he will be allowed home on his machines as of tomorrow night. At the moment they pop over for a break whilst he is off them during the day. Stress levels can get quite high amongst us with everything that is going on and even more so today due to sheer incompetency.

Reece was drawn up another medication yesterday as his bowel is still not working correctly. His surgeon wants to put off this major op, understandably, as he reiterated yesterday that it comes with major complications and is a very serious procedure. Any way, late last night his allocated nurse came along with the med, Stacey questioned it as it was Red not the colour she recalled it being the last time he was on it a while back. The nurse confirmed it was the correct med so it was given to Reece.

This morning his day nurse took over and said how sorry she was for the error that had happened last night. Stacey was at a loss as to what she was referring to. The nurse said  " Reece being given the wrong medication, didn't you know? they are supposed to inform you". Anyway, they had given Reece an TB medication that is given to patients at high risk of this disease. Complaint is going in, we can not let things like this continue to happen. EVEN AFTER Stacey had questioned it.

atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: June 30, 2015, 01:29:25 PM »

Hello The Nun.
                    I dont know you, as i dont anyone on here personally,but have read thru about Reece and wish him, and you all the best, and hope they finally stop messing things up re his op ( must be infuriating 4 you ). good luck for the future.

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2203 on: June 30, 2015, 01:30:40 PM »

Reece is down to 12 hours off now so Stacey finishes her retraining today then all being well he will be allowed home on his machines as of tomorrow night. At the moment they pop over for a break whilst he is off them during the day. Stress levels can get quite high amongst us with everything that is going on and even more so today due to sheer incompetency.

Reece was drawn up another medication yesterday as his bowel is still not working correctly. His surgeon wants to put off this major op, understandably, as he reiterated yesterday that it comes with major complications and is a very serious procedure. Any way, late last night his allocated nurse came along with the med, Stacey questioned it as it was Red not the colour she recalled it being the last time he was on it a while back. The nurse confirmed it was the correct med so it was given to Reece.

This morning his day nurse took over and said how sorry she was for the error that had happened last night. Stacey was at a loss as to what she was referring to. The nurse said  " Reece being given the wrong medication, didn't you know? they are supposed to inform you". Anyway, they had given Reece an TB medication that is given to patients at high risk of this disease. Complaint is going in, we can not let things like this continue to happen. EVEN AFTER Stacey had questioned it.

It's beyond belief Maureen. They made so many life threatening mistakes with my dad it was just farcical. they gave him 10 times the correct dose of a sedative which instantly stopped his heart and his breathing.

Then a nurse brought him penicillin even though he has a red flag on his notes and a red armband to say he was allergic to it.  

The majority are good people doing the best they can but things like this make yoyu want to kill someone.

The_nun

View Profile
« Reply #2204 on: June 30, 2015, 01:40:58 PM »

Hello The Nun.
                    I dont know you, as i dont anyone on here personally,but have read thru about Reece and wish him, and you all the best, and hope they finally stop messing things up re his op ( must be infuriating 4 you ). good luck for the future.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and reply. It really does help knowing you are all out there believe it or not.

Pages: 1 ... 143 144 145 146 [147] 148 149 150 151 ... 177 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: